Laceup jazz shoes

TSE by Tess Giberson S/S 07

http://www.***************/image/2006/Q3/091420060839103093.jpghttp://www.***************/image/2006/Q3/091420060839382634.jpg

[elle]

I've been trying to find a pair for ages.. I think they're very cool and fresh.

I got those from Vagabond last season...I'll post a pic tomorrow...they look really good but unfortunately you need long slim legs to wear them in a nice way ,otherwise....so the stay in their box...

I love them, want a pair of whites' but haven't been able to find them anywhere, except size 11 vintage. Might be because I haven't really been looking in any normal shops for them. Only vintage shops so far.

Would you also call these brogues?
DUKELACET_V_NOIR_HD.jpg

Image Credit: www.la-botte.com

I actually wore my jazz shoes to school 3 or 4 years ago... and now that they are in, i can't seem to find a pair made for the streets.
It's really hard to find new trends when you live in a normal sized, untrendy city. Skinny jeans just came into our stores this season.

Here are the shoes...around 30 euros...

Attachments

• jazzshoes.jpg
    jazzshoes.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 25
What are the soles like? I'd think that proper jazz shoes' soles are not thick enough for normal wear? Mine are split soles.

MulletProof said:
me too, tangerine. :blush:
the thread was actually called jazz shoes. for a few days. :D
these aren't brogues--no matter what the thread is called..

they are a mix of every sort of shoe with laces...:lol:...sort of a mess really

there ARE jazz shoes out there and they are a thowback to the 80's..
like everything seems to be these days...

capezio is your best bet for the real deal...

tang--your description of brogues is correct i believe...
basically a man's lace up shoe...
not the same thing at all really---jazz shoes are much softer and less structured...

the shoes from the TSE show are the real jazz shoes...:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these... I have a pair of black soft ones from my dancing days but a pair of white patent ones would be awesome with skinny jeans...

J'adore this kind of shoes! I bought mine (in black, silver and gold) for 20$ each in a flea market! ^_^

softgrey said:
capezio is your best bet for the real deal...

i've always found that odd...generic "jazz" shoes next to miss sixty heels..
anyways, most of the canadian stores don't have a men's version. and i hear they are insanely expensive.

do you have any advice as to where they are sold as well? i have been very excited about finding the right pair of lace-ups for the last couple of years and now that they've hit the mainstream, i hope they'll be easier to find.

speaking of these on the runway, i think they're part of the 80's/japanese obsession. definitely...
i'm surprised more designers haven't caught on. "jazz" shoes...(well, whatever they're called) can make a simple dress look quite edgy. :heart: plus, they go with everything, imo.

i bought a beautiful full sole white pair of capezio's on ebay
i can post pics once they get here
i am so excited to wear them!

I really love the jazz shoes! I've been looking for them for a year or so and last month I found a black pair here in Copenhagen. anyway, i dig the white/black ones.
0d_1.JPG

*see tfs guidelines please*
I found these on ebay and I love them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im a dancer so I have the Bloch jazz shoes but they cant be worn outside of class since the sole is very soft & the ones I have have a split sole... most real dance shoes wont hold up long as street wear. Ive been having a really hard time finding a pair to wear as street wear. I did finally find a white pair but cant really wear white shoes right now can I? Im really searching for a black pair right now... wish I could afford the Louboutin ones or some of those other designer ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->