• V0435441241241_6ca4f.jpg
    V0435441241241_6ca4f.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 121
Ralph Lauren polo

Attachments

• pPOLO1_1509516_lifeorstandard_t208.jpg
    pPOLO1_1509516_lifeorstandard_t208.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 90
For the last year I have been buying a bunch of polos, from both companies. I have found the Ralph ones to not only fit better, and have better colors but they also are a higher quality. I also think I have grown to prefer the polo pony to the aligator, only because Lacoste has become soooo popular. For the fall I am going to get a few long sleeved ones to wear for a basic preppy look, and I will only be looking at Polo.

i wish i could vote both but i feel that when wearing lacoste there's a certain air of "trying" while ralph lauren polos are pretty much staples if you are at a country club or anywhere really.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:52 pm
i wish i could vote both but i feel that when wearing lacoste there's a certain air of "trying" while ralph lauren polos are pretty much staples if you are at a country club or anywhere really.
exactly. I see so many people with Lacoste now that can't pull it off, and are trying too hard to be "fashionable." It has become a big thing at my school, which is exactly why it is over for me.

Originally posted by MJCouture+Jun 29th, 2004 - 12:54 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MJCouture @ Jun 29th, 2004 - 12:54 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikeijames@Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:52 pm
exactly. I see so many people with Lacoste now that can't pull it off, and are trying too hard to be "fashionable." It has become a big thing at my school, which is exactly why it is over for me. [/b][/quote]
maybe it's just where we live but I find that Lacoste is more of a country club staple. Lacoste isn't popular where I am though I don't think either brand is trying, they have both been around for a long time. I view Lacoste as more of a preppy/80's revival than a new brand that is trying to make it big, because it isn't. I prefer the colors of Lacoste though I've found quality wise that both are similar.

I've always thought of Lacoste as better quality .. maybe I prefer it because I wore Lacoste when I was a kid in the 80's ... I'll have to agree about Lacoste becoming more and more "trendy" ... something rare is that even this country has catched up on the Lacoste craze (and in here, a Lacoste polo costs like 10% of the average -monthly- wage).
I wear some Benetton ones .. great colors, great fit, and will last forever ...

Definitely a toss up. I always feel purely country club in a RL polo, but kind of vintage-chic in a Lacoste.

I live in a small town where people make comments like "Why do you have a alligator on your shirt?" so the whole trying-to-be-stylish thing w/ Lacoste is kind of a non-issue.

It's a toss-up for me, too. Lacoste AND RL for me have same "old staple" feel, as my mum would give me polos from both brands, so I'm used to wearing both - in my city as well, both are worn with regularity, in the country clubs and in daily life...

I love both, and own a lot of both. The qualms I have with Ralph Lauren are that the length of the polo (at least in the newer, tighter fitting ones) is longer in the back than in the front. It annoys me, and one day I was hanging up a polo and thought I'd stumbled across a defect! I don't like the sleeve on the RL as much as I do on the Lacoste.

I like the feel and shape of Lacoste polos much better...but Ralph Lauren polos, as others have said, are a staple. There are a variety of different RL polos and colors...online you can make your own polo, which I think is great since I can pair it with so many different outfits and basically make the polo my own...

I buy Lacoste for the feel, shape, and comfort and Ralph Lauren for the versatility and familiarity.

I prefer the La Coste. For some reason the Ralph Lauren Polo seems to masculine to me.

Originally posted by kora78@Jun 29th, 2004 - 4:10 pm
I prefer the La Coste. For some reason the Ralph Lauren Polo seems to masculine to me.
Interesting observation. From the guy's perspective (or at least mine), RL has the better colors, and the better fit for a male V-shaped torso. RL's also fare better in the laundry and the sun.

That said, Lacoste has a nicer hand, and a better collar.

Trendy or not... Lacoste of course, because it came out first, because its the authentic.. because i was wearing them as a kid like everybody else.

RL wished he had the Lacoste legacy :P

Lacoste.

As Lena said, they're the original. My parents wore them, my dad had almost every colour they made... and I have lacoste shirts from my mom that were made in France... from the good old days :blush:

Lacoste the original....I like the fit on me better too and they have a billion colors to choose from...

lacoste fits me oh so well. the sleeves are shorter and the chest is more fitted. the colors are great IMO. they have their seasonal brights too just like RL. the placket seems to be made better cuz the interfacing is a lot thicker. the collar seems to hold up better too. there's nothing more i hate than floppy lifeless looking collars and plackets. i also noticed on the inside of lacoste polos the shoulder seams are covered with a sheened biased tape to prevent from unraveling etc.

RL ones aren't too bad at all either. i don't like the custom fit ones for guys though. something is wrong with the sleeve, like they cut me right under the armpit like their too short. and they are too fitted up top to be so billowy at the bottom, at least on my frame.

lacoste is real big here. the country club folks wear it just as much as RL.

lacoste just came out with stretch polos. my sister bought one and i think its looks awesome. the regular ones don't look as trim and feminine i think

i wear my RL's to roll around in. i save my lacoste one's for nicer occasions and i really take care of them, but i also think that has to do with the fact that lacoste ones are more expensive too.

i prefer lacoste. they have a much better fit in my opinion and a huge selection of colors. lacoste is the quintessential polo from tennis as well! B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->