Lanvin F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 8, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

GERGIN likes this.
  2. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

One word: Embarrassing.

apple likes this.
  3. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

I have to say I truly appreciate that Bruno has found an aesthetic that might work for the house. It's quite eccentric and costumey, but at the same time it's charming and feels right for Lanvin because it's rooted in the archives. That being said, the menswear part of this collection is so awful. It's so bad as if it had been designed by a different, random designer. It's completely detached from this quirky identity and feels incredibly dated.

4. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

I love the video. Unapologetically fun, just rich girls wearing fashion having fun. Eve appearance was a nice touch. Lanvin should be fun, and he got that right.

The strongest pieces in the collection are the one that have the Elbaz and old Hollywood touch. It's just elegant and have that carefree attitude to it. I wish he take out those leopard print section, reminded too much of D&G. The menswear can be stronger, it just too modern to go with the women.

Joie de vivre.

5. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

It's a bit all over the place but I don't mind it, I think I'm used to his style now. The last four looks are fabulous.

6. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

At least they don't look like debutantes from 1963 this season. However, I will say that it feels like a mix between Alber and Bouchra. It's slightly odd in some pieces. He needs to find his own voice and reinvent Lanvin in an original and modern way. There is something going on here, but it's chaotic and confused. A good edit could have made this passable. Overall it's one his best collections so far. It's still the best of the worst, but a small improvement nonetheless.

7. tjasmine

tjasmine Active Member

Quite enjoy this collection, which I wasn't expecting! There is a certain charm here.

8. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

Those straight-from-the-archive pieces have potentials although some looks are questionable. His use of ostrich feathers really elevates the looks and i think this collection is a step for the right direction! Love those classic silhouettes!

9. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

This is pretty good. He's getting better as he goes on, moving away from that heavy handed Loewe vibe to something more delicate, feminine and Parisian looking, which is what people want from Lanvin.

10. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

I'm just curious, what do you embarrassing?

11. IloveDiorHomme

IloveDiorHomme Well-Known Member

This collection refers many Elbaz references.
    Which I don't mind.

The video is super cool, not pretentious-conceptual-boring.

12. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    It's good he at least found the archives of the house, not sure he managed to improve upon the original...

I really like the video, that song is such a guilty pleasure of mine plus Remington and the other models are having the time of their life, the scene in the toy cars is dizzying and indulgent like only Paris fashion can be.

Fulton St Critique likes this.
  13. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

That video is fabulous!! Strongest collection from him yet.

14. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I really love it! It’s cheesy but it’s frivolous and that’s what Alber’s Lanvin was.
    Considering that I’ve been wearing kitten heels for the longest now, I love that silhouette that I find extremely chic!

It’s a nice mix between what Montana and Elbaz did!

I must say that I’m not a fan of some styling choices. The desire for being « edgy » sometimes kinda kills the cohesion of the whole thing and I think that they needs to work on the cast. Lanvin is not for 16 years old girls IMO.
    Some silhouettes like the last one can look very juvenile!

We needs women!

And Eve was fabulous! She is still a beauty and for me projected more the idea of a new Lanvin than 16 years old girls even if the video was fun.

Bruno needs to chill on the feathers sometimes...

15. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

If you have been following Bruno since he arrived at the house in 2019, you can tell he has truly come a very, very long way. I thought he would be out the door after his Fall 2019 show. It was quite literally as the old saying goes "throwing spaghetti against the wall". Undoubtedly it helps having such a bountiful and iconic archive to pull from. Take Alber's Pre-Fall 2010 collection where the use of animal print was done in a vivacious and sensual manner. Much in the same way, Bruno's interpretation and take are seen in looks 17, 18, and 19. Done in a cheetah print, they carry with them a much more opulent appearance, yet are more practical given the cut. This collection was rich and fun, full of joy but most importantly it was fashionable and made for women living life to the fullest. I really have no complaints.

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  16. entten

entten Active Member

He seems to have a vision but the execution is not strong enough. Nice pieces but the whole collection doesnt look round. He is still in the process of finding himself. It seems that its hard for him to move from his original Loewe aesthethics to the elegant Lanvin thing. but at least he realized that he needs to do something different.

17. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

It has a strong Parisian vibe so I like it because of that. I always thought showing only cocktail dresses is the smartest way to do a 'sellable' collection.

18. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

love amber