Lanvin F/W 2015.16 Paris

Not quite sold on this, but only because I think his last two collections (particularly F/W 14) were arguably two of the strongest shows by any designer in the last five years. I love it when he goes dark and severe yet sort of restrained at the same time. The overabundance of tassels and tchotchkes and such makes me warm to it less. Still, there is A LOT to enjoy here.

^ I love the tassels on the snakeskin boots. Part of that I think is just runway styling ...

I liked the start cause it's very light for autumn/winter. Then it lost focus and lost me. There are beautiful items but as a whole the direction is quite blurry.

A more subtle Dries Van Noten, but I still like it. Very different from the usual.

I love everything about this collection, the mix of the textures is insane, plus I see a little spanish influence, this is very different but at the same time I can see Lanvin by Alber.

It's very good and quite wild for Lanvin (even more wild than before). It's very opulent.
I see a little bit of his first collection and of his FW2004 collection.
It looks like an homage to YSL. I see some references to the 1976 "Russian Ballets Opera" collection.
I saw that at Tom Ford too but with more texan references.

Gorgeous... you just can't go wrong with horseback riding references. This reminds me too of Dries in some moments but it's busy in such an exquisite way, it doesn't feel exhausting like Dries' womenswear feels to me lately. Agree it's the best he's shown in a long time. :heart:

(eta* Lola, you're so spot on with the comparisons, I totally see F/W 2004 and YSL' Russian Ballet Opera)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the ugliest collection from Alber ... to date. So dissapointed.

Wow, never thought I would be so into Lanvin. I always thought of Lanvin like a really chick'on'cheek that would only fit royalty or runway appearances from actresses. Or those black tie cocktails your multimillionaire company celebrates twice a year. Something a normal, cool, 20 year old girl wouldn't dare to wear. But this collection seems fresh. I can see myself wearing some of these. And my mum. Even my grandmother. I can even imagine a tiny version of these outfits for kids! It's lovely, it's democratic and without loosing the luxury fabrics. I'm a fan.

i loved the beginning and the ending, and the middle was not too shabby either, though it got a little chaotic. great collection overall!

I'll be honest I wasn't crazy about the overall feel. Its a little too heavy and moody for me. And I seriously could have done without the 12th tassel, it should've ended there.

Thing is, its impossible for me to totally dislike a collection from Alber. there is one thread of consistency with anything he does and that is thick, rich hardcore quality textiles. Albers pieces can always live on their own and that is becoming a rarity as styling becomes more and more paramount in a show.

Did Soledad Pastorutti designed this? It looks so hippie boho chic savage tumblr girl, reminds me a lot of Etro. I completely hate this collection, I totally prefer the dark/mysterious Lanvin from past seasons, not this pretentious Roberto Cavalli S/S 2015 thing.

New approached and it works. This is sooooo good there's still Lanvin element with new touch.

WHOA! So sporty. Its like atheleisure gone french! I havent see a Lanvin collection this good in .. I mean, its spot on, even to their lovely accesories!
I do hope this sells! There is a lot of effort and thought put into everything!
I adore it to no end!

totally...
this is what YSL would look like if alber had remained in that position...

:heart::heart::heart:

That would be an alternative universe, wouldn't it? So glad he's here though ...

I understand the Dries references, but I don't get a Dries vibe from this myself. Do not understand the Cavalli reference ... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see so much YSL in this, its scary. Lovely collection, so much depth.
The YSL woman lives at Lanvin now.

It's very good and quite wild for Lanvin (even more wild than before). It's very opulent.
I see a little bit of his first collection and of his FW2004 collection.
It looks like an homage to YSL. I see some references to the 1976 "Russian Ballets Opera" collection.
I saw that at Tom Ford too but with more texan references.

That was exactly what I was thinking!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->