Lanvin F/W 2018.19 Paris

Somewhere Elbaz is laughing -- which makes me smile.

Utter rubbish.

better than the debut collection, that was pure trash

It's definitely better than his debut collection but still not at the standard it used to be. I just went to their store the other day and the problem I have is the fabric choice and how cheap they feel. His eyes for fabric is very questionable. The bags are also a mess. Obviously they want to target younger demographics but the look definitely do not match the price at all.

Sad to the 'French Michael Kors' running joke still going because Pricciao posted on here that he never actually said that.

We know he said.
Lanvin as a "French Michael Kors"
I read it many times.
Here is only one example
Sourche : BoF

Olivier Lapidus has replaced Bouchra Jarrar as artistic director at Lanvin, amid plans to revamp the brand as “a French Michael Kors,” sources have told BoF.

We know he said.
Lanvin as a "French Michael Kors"
I read it many times.
Here is only one example
Sourche : BoF

Ah, but he didn't say that Fashionstuff, 'sources' said it. You can't develop a HC collection next to a 'French Michael Kors' label. Lol.

And after that BOF article, THEN he did the interview with Ming's saying BOF falsely quoted him on this one. He didn't mention anything about French Michael Kors. You might as well pay some attention to what's in my post.

Ah, but he didn't say that Fashionstuff, 'sources' said it. You can't develop a HC collection next to a 'French Michael Kors' label. Lol.

Anyway, i hope Olivier Lapidus will do finally a really good collection for SS 19.
This story with frech MK was quoted many times.

It's definitely better than his debut collection but still not at the standard it used to be. I just went to their store the other day and the problem I have is the fabric choice and how cheap they feel. His eyes for fabric is very questionable. The bags are also a mess. Obviously they want to target younger demographics but the look definitely do not match the price at all.

I agree with the overall assessment of 'not bad.' Still there are some individual pieces I'm looking at and wondering who would ever buy them. Nuns don't buy Lanvin AFAIK ... but that blue dress would make a nice updated habit. :rolleyes: (OK, the neckline would need to be a bit plainer.)

As mentioned before, the cheap fabric is real (i.e., doesn't just look cheap, it is cheap), and a problem that dates back to the Elbaz era. I think someone on the business side is setting budget for the fabrics ... I don't think it's any designer's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the overall assessment of 'not bad.' Still there are some individual pieces I'm looking at and wondering who would ever buy them. Nuns don't buy Lanvin AFAIK ... but that blue dress would make a nice updated habit. :rolleyes: (OK, the neckline would need to be a bit plainer.)

As mentioned before, the cheap fabric is real (i.e., doesn't just look cheap, it is cheap), and a problem that dates back to the Elbaz era. I think someone on the business side is setting budget for the fabrics ... I don't think it's any designer's fault.

So sad to read this cheap fabrics coming from such an established house, people pay dollar for it, if they continue like this, I think this house deserves to go bankrupt ... some hopes in the new owners I hope.

^ I trust they will clean house on the other side ... they need a new CEO for sure.

as everybody said it's not that bad, considering.. but 'not that bad' is by far too little to make any impact in the difficult climate of Fashion in 2018. And especially for a brand that has gone through hell in the last 18 months.
Whoever makes the decisions at Lanvin now, they need to be fearless and bold and with a clear vision, otherwise the house will not recover

This guy is a joke. Not one original idea in the lot. Was Madame Wang intentionally trying to Kill the brand? Was this all a ploy for a buyer to swoop in and solve her financial problems? At this point that seems highly plausible.

I am sad that the good ideas of Lucas Ossendrijver will have to be associated with the crappy ones from Lapidus...

Unfair.

Was Madame Wang intentionally trying to Kill the brand? Was this all a ploy for a buyer to swoop in and solve her financial problems? At this point that seems highly plausible.

Lol, but don't you know how she came into being the primary shareholder? Her partner was supposed to buy in with her and backed out at the last minute. So being more concerned with losing face, she bought the shares alotted to both of them.

I actually agree with her alleged problems with the brand. That they have very little presence with the youth. And that's why we are seeing this rushed and messy attempts at throwing clothes at the youth. But I doubt whether Lapidus or everyone's beloved Lucas can save them. They need someone brashy, directional, and inn with the youth like Hedi. Or maybe poach Vevers from Coach.

Why does every brand have to play to "the youth"? There are lots of actual women with money to spend and extremely few brands thinking about them.

And with all Hedi's underage poutiness on the runway, YSL sold a lot of tailored, quality clothing to actual women. And I'm sure still does.

What's the good of having a female owner who doesn't wear the clothes. If she did, she wouldn't have been so quick to fire Alber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->