Lanvin Pre-Fall 2010

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
Alber Elbaz is getting in touch with his wild side for pre-fall at Lanvin. “My exercise was to take all these animal prints out of the jungle and into the chic city."

lanvin02.JPG
lanvin01.JPG
lanvin03.JPG
lanvin04.JPG
lanvin05.JPG
lanvin06.JPG
lanvin07.JPG

wwd

alber elbaz is hitting the sweet spot this past year. his pre-fall collection and resort collection shows that he has this fun/party side that we so rarely see in the ready-to-wear. and i am loving it. that fur is amazing and that leopard ensemble -- is it a one piece? -- is at once completely outrageous and ridiculously chic.

he has this fun/party side that we so rarely see in the ready-to-wear.

Exactly right and I'm glad to see his experimentation with more animal patterns. ^_^ The real stand-out outfits have to be the first 3. Charming!

Hideous. It looks like a bad interpretation of Dolce&Gabbana's aesthetic mixed with Roberto Cavalli mixed with a bygone Russian peasantry.

I'm sorry but if this is what a step out of Alber's comfort zone looks like, then I think he should step right back in. And fast. Before he diffuses this for Fall 2010. :lol: :innocent:

Wow, that is something I would never expect to see in a thread marked Lanvin :woot: I'm actually the last person to like animal prints but Alber makes them look so good, and dare I say that, really chic! I'm so glad he took such challenge, it's not that easy to make animal prints loveable but again Alber is capable of doing it :heart:

First look is great, but it goes down the hill from there, the last one is hideous. Head to to animal print? Nonononono!

Ehh pre-fall. At least I didn't fall asleep looking at this one. I like how it's presented and the first three looks, although I'm not a fan of animal print much.

Wow so nice to see Lanvin loosen up a bit. Though I hate the poses and think they distract from the clothes.

Yeah, looks a bit more interesting than spring, but the head to toe leopard print ensembles are horrendous.

Hideous, I never thought I'd call anything made by Alber hideous :(

Somehow it looks so fresh to me. Even the head-to-toe animal print looks nice. Or kind of. The one shoulder dress is a total hit! Would love to see it paired with some killing red heels.

beyond beautiful!!!
see when i was complaining back in october that he had done a beautiful but rather repetitive or un-innovative collection for summer, this is what i was talking about...
alber can do both beautiful and introduce new elements to his work. it doesnt have to be groundbreaking, but how beautiful is that fuller skirt on the third look? how charming the styling. the whole thing is pure Lanvin, and rather new Lanvin!

I don't dig animal prints, but the designs look great. The collection itself looks promising.

I really only like the texture overload of the first two looks. The animal prints are cute, but not doing it for me.

I think it's not new, you just have to remember SS05 (50's slihouette), FW04 (A-coats) and FW06 (smoking). Besides he used leopard prints in his FW03 collection (which didn't look so cheap).

^a leopard print fur coat is not quite the same thing as using leopard in this way. this is much more carefree with respect to these animal patterns. great reference though!

100101472.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"