Leather Jackets

ShoeLady

Reaction score
I've been looking for a leather jacket for the past few weeks with no avail. I am looking for something short and fitted. I'm not too picky, just no belts that tie. I'm thinking maybe something motorcycle inspired. I searched the forums for leather jackets but there didn't seem to be many posts on them and they were all old threads. I'm looking for something made well,that I can buy in Manhattan. I'm not into online shopping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My first thought was...Rick Owens!! PucciMama got one and it is TO DIE FOR. Im sure you can get it at like Jeffrey or maybe Esthete. Perhaps Barneys.

Last year I found a nice lambskin leather jacket from Andrew Marc at Filene's @ Union Square, Saks also sells his clothing.

Chloé!

index.jpg

net-a-porter.com
(Ashley Olsen has it in black.. just in case you don't like olive/brown)

BG-0S6K_mn.jpg

bergdorfgoodman.com

There's a leather shop near 72nd+Broadway that has the most exquisite white motorcycle jacket. Also check out Goodwill and Salvation Army, they've got a bunch.

have you seen the ones by mike+chris? i'm thinking about one myself.

maxwell.jpg

pic from mikeandchris.com

^the bad thing about the mike&chris leather jacets is that they are all hooded, which kind of takes away from the affect of a bomber jacket in my opinion.

there is a gorgeous leather biker jacket, real tight fitting in topshop at the moment for £100. for leather, that seems quite affordable. i seriously covet it, it makes me sad everytime i see it and know i can't afford it still :(

wow, these are all great ideas. I love every jacket posted. Now my problem is I cannot decide. I have to check some of the stores you all mentioned this weekend.

I want one as well..one that's actually fitted though cos they're usually too loose and blah..

If there's one thing I want this winter, it's a black leather bomber jacket. I've yet to recieve.. I also need grey jeans to go with it. :D

i really like the chloe jacket..

is there anything similar but less expensive? (less than 600$ would be good)

I absolutely love the Vince jacket, I can't find a pic of it but its the brown one in the last scene of Devil wears prada.

I am torn between Vince and Mike and Chris jackets.

I have a long one but when I wear it I feel like I'm in the matrix.... those Chloe ones are really nice... or maybe something more motorcycle or biker-ish ...

I have the topshop one which is great but unfortch not available in the states which is why I didn't mention it....

^ I tried on a Topshop one... It looked so good on the hanger but not so good on me. It was too short :x

missbliss said:
If your looking for something a bit more affordable & just as chic and cute as the Chloe then you have to check out the one that Express has. It's very cute, & I'm loving the cropped look jacket paired with skinny jeans.
(http://www.expressfashion.com/styles/womens.jsp?groupId=29)

That pic doesn't actually do it much justice.

i definitely like the idea of that jacket..

is it really thick? it kind of looks thick from the picture. how does the leather feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myegotakesover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->