Leather / Wet look Leggings- DIY

Reaction score
Has anybody made these for themselves yet?

steepcheap_leggings.jpg

Source: www.MyFashionLife.com

I would love to make a pair with a few rows of pointy studs going around the ankle(weird, right?). But I have no idea where to start. Should I just use a regular legging pattern? And where do I find this kind of material?

If you have no experience in patternmaking maybe just copy the pattern from an old pair of leggings, just open the seams and trace.
Look for a type of spandex, they should have them in fabric stores.

I made some in stretch PVC which I got from Samuel Taylors in Leeds but I'm sure most big fabric shops will stock it. I used a pattern made from a pair of ordinary lycra leggings. The only problem was that they 'climbed' up my legs, so I put an elastic 'stirrup' on the bottoms to prevent this. After wearing them plain a few times, I put eyelets & lacing down the outsides to make them a bit more unusual. Sorry I can't post a picture but I can't think where I've put them! Seeing this thread reminded me, so will have to try to dig them out.

I love Samuel Taylors!! I have been thinking about making some leggings, is it hard to sew them?

I found them pretty easy to sew, but would recommend a Teflon sewing foot when sewing the shiny side, for instance hems, waistband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->