Lewis Albert F/W 06.07 NYC

from his website:

Lewis Albert’s Fall 2006 collection draws its inspiration from the six Mitford sisters of British aristocratic fame. Born into an age where their roles could have easily confined them to that of wife and mother, they captivated a nation first with their beauty, and then more convincingly with the arresting lives they led. Made into sounds bites before a sound bite age, they were all too commonly fitted into roles that oversimplified their multifaceted personas. The Parisian Writer. The Loner. The Beauty. The Nazi. The Communist. The Duchess. The clothing for the season attempts to do justice to the individualized spirit of the Mitfords as a group, in contrast to the limited manner in which they have been grouped historically. Fall 2006 identifies what it means to be a 'Modern Mitford Woman'. What does she wear to brunch with her grandmother? The theater with her boyfriend? Shopping with her daughters? The strength and elegance that defined the Mitfords are the traits that the Fall 2006 collection attempts to capture and infuse into the style of today's woman.

The color palette for the collection is representative of the duality of the Mitford aesthetic. Luxurious, soft wools in practical chocolates, caramels and hunter greens; and spicy chocolate and hunter python print chiffons mixed with accents of luminous duchess satin and silk satin crepe in eggplants, Aztec blues, and rich midnight blue that give luster and depth when paired with traditional fall colors and textures.

Just heard of him recently through the Ivy League grapevine ... a friend and I are going to his trunk show in early March. From the site his collection looks clean and wearable, which is nice. That's all I can say until I see it in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->