Liberty Prints

I only like Liberty prints when they're on something counterintuitive, like a bikini or a blazer. But when they are on something flowy and flowery and whatnot, it just bores me.

I love it when they play with it like this also.

I just love Liberty prints. I have scarves but I'd love some clothes.

Hmm, ebay . .

bluecherry you can always contact Nike to find a store that carries them :
http://nike-eu.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nike_eu.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php :flower:

I love the liberty print on childrens wear and baby bedlinen..
Bikinis are super cute as well.. and while it's a bit overdone here in Copenhagen I really like the whole harem/yoga pants/jumpsuit in Liberty print..it has such a lux country boho feel..

I'm having a set of baby bedlinen made ..and probably making some accessories of any little leftover fabrics... such as using torn strips of fabric on boring bangles..and scraves..

^ Liberty bedlinens are a lovely idea, Hanne. Scout is lucky to have such a cool mom. B)

Who's Scout :P You mean Storm ?
It's for the baby I'm expecting :wink:

:rofl: Yes, I meant Storm. My friend just had a baby and named her Scout, so I got mixed up. Anyway, I didn't know you were expecting. Congrats! (Sorry for the off-topic post.)

To make up for my OT post, here are some pictures from Chloe Sevigny's S/S 08 collection for Opening Ceremony. She used a lot of Liberty prints. After her collection debuted, I noticed a lot of people got into them. (I know the styling is atrocious, but there were some nice individual pieces, and I loved the fabrics she used.)

openingceremony.us

I love liberty prints, I really wear them all year round

I LOVE the nike shoes!! though I feel like they have to be worn with no other prints whatsoever

Prada Cruise 2010

prada13.jpg
prada14.jpg

prada15.jpg
prada16.jpg

prada17.jpg
prada18.jpg

wwd via Mackos

I love the fabrics used in Prada Cruise '10. I wouldn't wear most of the pieces in #29 but would in #30, especially the second dress. It's interesting to see Liberty prints used in an unconventional way (i.e. no flowy dresses or little button-up tops). You can always count on Miuccia to think outside the box.

great thread hanne :heart:
thanks for starting it...

the more i see liberty prints around the more i like them ^_^

was on urbanoutfitters.com yesterday and noticed that they have liberty print dr. martens...
which have definitely been around for a while now i think...
they're not my style at all but i figured i'd post them since they've got the print :P

16749301_001_bmagnify.jpg
16749301_002_bprodmain.jpg

urbanoutfitters.com

*i've got more in mind to post but am going to bed...
will be back another day :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
If not liberty print then definately libertyesque..

Carine Wester Jazzine flower top ..pretty isn't it ?
Carine Wester Jazzine flower top 01 pixiemarket com.jpg Carine Wester Jazzine flower top 02 pixiemarket com.jpg
pixiemarket.com

Eucalyptus flower one shoulder top
Eucalyptus flower one shoulder top pixiemarket com.jpg
pixiemarket com

What a way to attempt to make tough shoes (Post #32) cute by adding small flowers to them. Fail-tastic. Craptacular. Certain shoes need not these Liberty prints. I'd rather these be on skimmers, sandals, pumps, etc. Not Nikes. Not Dr. Martens-style boots. Now the flower top in Post #33... that's more like it! Both tops look lovely.

I just adore liberty prints! They're so quaint and girly, and I especially love Chloe Sevigny's S/S 08 Opening Ceremony collection.

Q- are they only liberty prints if made by liberty or can the term refer to any small floral? At any rate, this reminds me of my mother's crafting efforts of the 1980s!

i think the term "liberty" is applied to pretty much any small floral print these days...

I echo Chrissy - I think it technically is only supposed to apply to those created by Liberty, but generally we use it now as a descriptor. I've been loving liberty prints over the last 1.5 years but haven't done anything about it. Now I want to re-upholster a chair in a liberty print upholstery but the ones from Liberty are quite expensive (considering I figure I will need circa 9-10 yards) so I'd be happy to find a knock-off. but I love the print in everything. Shirts, dresses, knickers, whatever! It's both nostalgic and modern :heart:

Now I want to re-upholster a chair in a liberty print upholstery but the ones from Liberty are quite expensive (considering I figure I will need circa 9-10 yards) so I'd be happy to find a knock-off.

As far as their furnishing fabrics you do get what you pay for though. I inherited a sofa from my mother which was upholstered in a Liberty fabric about 40 years ago...there's some wear and tear but it's holding up incredibly well.

I echo Chrissy - I think it technically is only supposed to apply to those created by Liberty, but generally we use it now as a descriptor. I've been loving liberty prints over the last 1.5 years but haven't done anything about it. Now I want to re-upholster a chair in a liberty print upholstery but the ones from Liberty are quite expensive (considering I figure I will need circa 9-10 yards) so I'd be happy to find a knock-off. but I love the print in everything. Shirts, dresses, knickers, whatever! It's both nostalgic and modern :heart:

That sounds lovely, Meg. Please post pictures of the finished product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George Kima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->