Tropical/Hawaiian Prints S/S 2012

I got this one from H&M for only €9.95 and I love it!

hm.com

Jil Sander Spring/Summer 2000

sources: jelsoka [colette] & Marcelina [karolina] via firstview

Floral Arrangements
" Spring fever is cropping up all over: For next season, designers couldn’t resist sending a liberal sprinkling of floral prints down the runway. Tulips, roses and orchids were out in force, either as small appliqués on flounced skirts and drawstring tops or sprawling Hawaiian prints on shirts and wrap dresses. Even Jil Sander overcame her aversion to patterns, offering muted florals that appeared to be worn inside out (at right).”

000201_2.jpeg
"
source: edition.cnn.com

tumblr_li67ztj8jO1qawjc8o1_500.png

sources: f*ckyeahjilsander.tumblr

I saw some fantastic green and blue Hawaai style palm tree prints and I think i ll buy them and add them to my lookbook

I saw some fantastic green and blue Hawaai style palm tree prints and I think i ll buy them and add them to my lookbook

I finally bought it, what do you think>? There was a pink one too but it was not as good. The silver is not as prominent as it appears in the pic I guess thats the flash effect

Attachments

• P6110393.JPG
    P6110393.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
Urban Stylin, not really sure what a lookbook is or the context of this print. this has potential altho i don't get a strong hawaiin/tropical vibe from this...its' more vibrant foliage. but again i'd have to see the context or the life it takes on to get the full effect :flower:.

another take on Hawaiin courtesy vintage Liz Claiborne:

p1.JPGp2.JPGp3.JPGp4.JPG
my pics

Urban Stylin, not really sure what a lookbook is or the context of this print. this has potential altho i don't get a strong hawaiin/tropical vibe from this...its' more vibrant foliage. but again i'd have to see the context or the life it takes on to get the full effect :flower:.
]

agree in the pic the leaves look much darker which doesnt translate as the bright printed Hawaiian trend but the actual fabric looks much lighter in colour and less shiny. I also though they were palm leaves the 1st time I saw it in the store but turned out to be another kind of leaf.
As for the lookbook am a designer and currently working on a collection tryin to come up with looks for a lookbook

Last edited by a moderator:
am thinkin of doing something basic just to let the print talk how is this variation> Or does it risk becoming very Miami barbie

Attachments

• _DSC6034.jpg
    _DSC6034.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1
^Those are really cool, nice buy. It's nice that they're not too much, makes it easier to pair with anything.

ETA: Wait.. did you buy them? Maybe you're just posting the picture..

i just saw them somewhere ad thought i would post them....could transform a plain pair into a similar pair with sharpie markers tho

anyone still interested in this trend

asos has these on sale
pic asos.com

image3xl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"