Lip Exfoliator

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
Does anybody know of any good lip exfoliators? I regular coat my lips with chapstick or gloss, so they are always well hydrated.
Products or home "remedy", please help me out. I'm tired of my lips looking horrible after puting my lip stick/gloss on... :smile:

I don't know if they make it anymore but chanel used to have a lip exfoliator thats really cool and i've also heard of putting vaseline on a toothbrush and rubbing it on your lips. hope that helps!

I use lancome's Vinefit lipbalm, its extremely hydrating, and it gives you a natural shine, no gloss... and it lasts for hours, I also reccomend MAC's Lipbalm, the one that comes in a little tub, it contains menthol, so, it heals while it gives you a nice minty flavour, but careful, that one can be addictive...

thanks for the suggestions :lol:

I use my regular chapstick with common sugar. Make a paste in a little petri dish or even in your palm and rub over your lip line. It exfoliates all the dead skin and tastes great! It works just as well as any expensive lip treatment and leaves your lips smooth and feeling fuller.

i read once while you are brushing your teeth to use your tooth brush and scrub (not everyday) and it works well....

Hi,

I recommend Laura Mercier's Lip Silk or Paula's Choice Exfoliating Lip Treatment.

Wear a highly moisturising lip balm with an occlusive barrier and SPF, like Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 or Lip Balm SPF 15. Also, Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment is very helpful.

Originally posted by lele@Nov 4th, 2003 - 11:22 pm
i read once while you are brushing your teeth to use your tooth brush and scrub (not everyday) and it works well....
it works :flower:

the chanel lip exfoliator is very very cute!
comes in a sleek black compact, one side is the pink exfoliating stuff, the other is a lip conditioner and in the middle there is a buffer stick type thing

i dont know why anyone would bother though,
I just use a baby toothbrush, brush gently over my lips every night and slather on some vaseline and works perfectly fine! :flower:

Originally posted by pinkie83@Nov 4th, 2003 - 2:06 pm
I use my regular chapstick with common sugar. Make a paste in a little petri dish or even in your palm and rub over your lip line. It exfoliates all the dead skin and tastes great! It works just as well as any expensive lip treatment and leaves your lips smooth and feeling fuller.
Now how cool is that?! Love that suggestion pinkie83 - ¡gracias!

Benefit's; Dr. Feelgood: Lipscription. It's two tubes. One exfoliates lips, and the other hydrates.

A baby toothbrush and some vaseline when lips are flaky. Don´t go overboard, just a massage to help the dead skin peel. Another great advice for those days when your lips are dry (but not hurt) is a lemon drop smeared on the lips, and after a few minutes, a fat coat of Elizabeth Arden Eight hours balm.
Best results when done just minutes before going to bed...

meandmyrhythmbox said:
Benefit's; Dr. Feelgood: Lipscription. It's two tubes. One exfoliates lips, and the other hydrates.

That's what I was going to suggest too! I use the exfoliating one.

This I discovered by accident: I put baking soda (from Arm & Hammer) on my lips and I just let it sit there for 20 minutes. Then I wash off and put lip balm on. It works really well and it's all natural (which I'm a big fan of).

Also CO Bigelow (available at Bath and Body Works) has a lip exfoliator that works well.

When I put on my lipgloss, about an hour later I get this weird thick white stuff on my lips. That probably sounded dodgier than intended.

Oooh misssakura I get too. Especially when I am at work. Weird.
Anyway lip exfoliaters... I used to have the body shops lip scuff and it is quite good (maybe a bit too scratchy). There is another one knocking around that looks a bit posher, but I am really sorry I can't remember what it is called or where its from. But I think the easiest thing would be to buy a childrens toothbrush and use that with lipbalm.

I always brush me lips with my toothbrush while i brush my teeth (that means 2 or 3 times a day). I never had a problem, i never have chapped lips. NEVER. Then i put on some lip balm or lip gloss. My lips are ULTRA soft!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->