'little Marc' by Marc Jacobs

Lena said:
hmm right, the pic is very cute but ..on an ethics side you are right AlexN

Btw, there are dogs who actually need clothes in certain weather. Sight hounds, for example, have very little body fat, so if people want to walk their dogs in the winter, or take them camping in cold weather, they really do need protection. You can get the same type of high-performance stuff that say, mountain-climbers wear, for dogs.

Some dogs (of the same long-haired breed, for example, and even from the same breeder) are also more sensitive to the cold than others, so you could put one in a sweater so two dogs could be equally comfortable on a snowy walk.

It's nice to know that he is having a Kids Range...:flower:
but It's too expensive for me to buy for a toddler... I will rather buy BabyGap :P

helena said:
no my kid is going to think he/she is a little sailor on a ship!!!! I will take him/her on a rowing boat with me. On a loch.

:lol::lol::rofl::rofl: Marvelous!!!

Lena said:
not too many moms and dads here at tFS but the idea sounds quite cool (...)

Quote:
Maybe eventually we can do our mouse shoes for kids."

This I would love :wink: Not too excited about the sound of these basics but would like to see…Thanks for the info :flower:

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about the children’s designer wear issue as I’m quite fed-up w/many of the views in this thread (sadly also the mentality here in Holland -> this is v. different in France, Spain etc.)

Many children’s 'designer' labels like baby Dior, Kenzo etc. are priced in the range of the nicer 'boutique brands' – certainly not cheap but far from the $700 sweater & other extreme examples mentioned in this thread...

There is also a large offer of old season clothing at outlets etc. and it is certainly possible to dress your child in good quality 'labels' without spending a fortune…Finally, you can easily resell well cared for brand name clothing & recup part of the cost (and with all the wear & tear these clothes will hold up MUCH better than generic 'cheap' brands)

So, apart from the fact that I love to shop for my daughter :heart: & get great pleasure from seeing her well dressed - imo good quality key pieces are also much better value for money :flower:

On a different note: while I love to dress up my little girl I think my mom was even more enthusiastic w/me :lol: -> I was dressed in smocked dresses over /homemade slips which she embroidered with ornate little initials & accessorized w/ matching hats & little parasols ^_^

I don't see anything wrong with buying designer clothing for children - however, with a lot of pieces that are shown, they are so casual and basic that they look just like any other piece of clothing out there.

however, if you got a special piece for your child for certain events, etc. I could understand that. however, normal jeans, and shirts from Dolce & Gabbana for kids, etc.. I just don't get it :smile:

although, that's just my personal opinion :smile: if you've got the money to buy designer clothing for children, go for it!

helena said:
I know i have often thought about that Lena - for example if someone like madonna buys a missoni coat it must just be like me buying one from topshop. Relative to the overall wealth its nothing...

More like you buying lunch :P

helena said:
but I wonder if there is a line where, no matter the relative wealth of the customer, its too much for an item of clothing. Or does morality have no place in a 'market'?

My thoughts exactly. Every time I think of something disturbing like that the word "immoral" springs into my mind. I do realise of course, that this a relative emotion. Technically, we don't NEED designer clothes either and could give our money to charity instead. I guess it's the LEVELS at which such spending occurs are what's scary.

On a different note: while I love to dress up my little girl I think my mom was even more enthusiastic w/me :lol: -> I was dressed in smocked dresses over /homemade slips which she embroidered with ornate little initials & accessorized w/ matching hats & little parasols

sounds adorable!

thanks softele (that's a german version of softie :D)
:flower:

My 2 cents - expensive baby clothes are silly. baby gap even. as long as they are comfie, who cares. babies are just as cute in a diaper - why gild the lilly? they are babies!

kimair said:
$395 for a sweater your kid is going to outgrow in 2 months? :ninja:

i love marc and all but jeez!

thanks for posting lena :flower:

At least baby's gonna be getting more wears out of the thing than a 3,000 dollar gown his mommy wears once.

prefer baby dior huh? nice. it's made of pure plastic 99% of the time and it looks as tacky as anything. (often). it, dolce gabbana
etc are on the frontline of making the "baby looking like Big Brother star mum" clothes (see "wannabe"/"babe"/plastic seethrough hearts etc). I much prefer making cute things myself, bying cotton t-shirts from H&M, making great finds at flee markets and combining that with a lovely cashmere sweater from little Marc. any day. i hate the replay, bad materials, modern sh*t look for babies and children. i think little marc looks great, when and where can we see more pics? thanks Lena!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->