'little Marc' by Marc Jacobs

i just remember as a little kid i loved sparkly things. my niece loves her disney costumes and her plastic glass slippers. i used to think all that girly stuff was magical!

for boys..i'd like marc to tackle an upated sailor suit! probably couldn't get away with the little stocking...:P

got my godchild a tiara and some 'high heel' slippers, she almost throw them to my face.. at least she loves make up toys ^_^

^ :lol: well..........children (as adults) can be very unpredictable

i've always wanted to see a kid in a mini-sized haute couture dress.....can you imagine :lol:

I love the little boy skirts,myself? I wish I was able to wear one when I was that age. Hm.

Scott said:
I love the little boy skirts,myself? I wish I was able to wear one when I was that age. Hm.

well now that you're a big boy, you could still wear a skirt if u really wanted to.....
and some heels too perhaps? :lol:

^no acid,as much as I love the twisting of ideals for my own expression....I don't think I could heels :P

But,if I could find a good skirt I would do it....no doubt about that!

if it catches on...i think he could seriously build an empire...
a la ralph lauren...

i suppose he has a bit of an empire already....does he not also do a home line?

i don't know..does he?...

ralph lauren's empire is HUGE though...
so many different lines and pricepoints, etc...
and HUGELY profitable...it's really impressive...

and his childrenswear is some of the best on the market...
especially the boys clothing...

yes you are correct...we don't see so much of it here....although there is a ralph lauren shop in glasgow. i have never seen the childrens wear.

maybe marc was just talking about doing a home line. remember he said oncethat he was going to do some huge mass market label like Gap - wonder what happened to that plan....?

i know, i wonder about that mass market line....
i keep waiting for 'affordable marc'....

:lol:

edit-i think you'd really like the ralph kids clothes helena...
it's very 'collegiate'...little blue blazers and plaid shirts etc...
very classic and cute...lovely quality as well...

not cheap ..but not as high as marc's pricepoints either... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc has decided to enter this very lucrative market. There are people out there that ENJOY spending enormous amounts of money on there children.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I witnessed a mother buy a $700 pink Lucien Pellat Finet sweater for her 5year old at the Scoop kids store.:shock:

modelmama said:
I witnessed a mother buy a $700 pink Lucien Pellat Finet sweater for her 5year old at the Scoop kids store.:shock:

I am sorry but that is a bit crazy!

softgey they sound lovely clothes....there is a very nice shop in London (and Paris) for childrenswear called Bonpoint and it has all the trad childrens clothes I referred to - smock dresses, knitted suits, sailorboy/girl outfits....so beautiful!

modelmama...that doesn't surprise me, even though it horrified me slightly...:ninja:
that is very typical of the scoop customer in my mind...

very trend and label driven...:rolleyes:...
though i do love those cashmere swtrs....:wub:...

sounds cute helena...as you know, i am a fan of 'smock' anything...^_^
i think a sailor suit might be a bit much though...
you might traumatize the kid for life dressing him up like a doll...
:P...

modelmama said:

for people with a 'certain' lifestyle $700 is not such a huge amount of money for a kids sweater.. we have to realise that some people just have lots of money and they love to spend them, why not?

no my kid is going to think he/she is a little sailor on a ship!!!! I will take him/her on a rowing boat with me. On a loch.

how do you think i got my obsession with things blue & striped! LOL

Lena said:
for people with a 'certain' lifestyle $700 is not such a huge amount of money for a kids sweater.. we have to realise that some people just have lots of money and they love to spend them, why not?

I know i have often thought about that Lena - for example if someone like madonna buys a missoni coat it must just be like me buying one from topshop. Relative to the overall wealth its nothing...

but I wonder if there is a line where, no matter the relative wealth of the customer, its too much for an item of clothing. Or does morality have no place in a 'market'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warholy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->