Liu Wen

saw this on liu wen's facebook, but i don't have any more info. still it's awesome!

Vogue Australia Supplement Cover

facebook.com/liuwenmodel

Happy Birthday to Liu!

0pd27SS.jpg
How does Lucky love Liu Wen? Let us count the ways: the Beijing-born supermodel's mastered both the runway and campaign realms, having walked for the likes of Balenciaga and Chanel and starred in campaigns for both high fashion and high street brands alike. In 2010, she made history when she was named Estée Lauder's first-ever Asian beauty ambassador. And then there's her famously sweet demeanor to consider—even when she's dashing between back-to-back-to-back shows during NYFW, it's a rare occasion that you catch the brunette beauty without a smile on her face and those adorable dimples on display.

As she's achieved so much in her relatively brief career thus far, it's a bit hard to believe that Liu Wen's only just turning 26 today. But in honor of her birthday, we've opted to spotlight another winning trait of the model's: her stellar sense of personal style. Whether she's hitting the red carpet in head-to-toe black or white or kicking back in high-tops and a flannel, Liu always looks impeccably dressed. For proof, click through the slideshow above to discover (and shop!) six reasons why we're smitten with her signature style.
luckymag.com

Her new agencies really need to go all out and book her with the most blue chip campaigns, covers and editorials if she wants to have a chance of grabbing the number 1 spot on models.com. It has been 2 years and models.com is crowning a new number 1 model this September. She did fantastic throughout 2013 but 2014 isn't looking good for most Asian models as the top Asian names in the industry didn't book any high profile campaigns yet.

She has been breaking so many boundaries and continues to surprise all of us. Hoping she can be the new #1.

happy belated birthday!! :magic:

isn't she also in a new calvin klein ad? anyone seen it? :woot:

ESPRIT S/S 14

models

Calvin Klein Platinum Label S/S 2014 by Mert & Marcus

facebook/calvinklein

Her new agencies really need to go all out and book her with the most blue chip campaigns, covers and editorials if she wants to have a chance of grabbing the number 1 spot on models.com. It has been 2 years and models.com is crowning a new number 1 model this September. She did fantastic throughout 2013 but 2014 isn't looking good for most Asian models as the top Asian names in the industry didn't book any high profile campaigns yet.

She has been breaking so many boundaries and continues to surprise all of us. Hoping she can be the new #1.

I genuinely like Liu, but I don't think she has much of a chance at becoming #1. She still doesn't have a MAJOR Vogue cover yet, she hasn't had many blue chip campaigns throughout her career (compared to most of her competitors), & she still walks quite a few random shows. That's not to say she won't become an icon one day. You're right about her breaking so many boundaries for Asian models. Being one of the faces of EL & a constant repeat at CK is no easy feat, not to mention being a US Vogue favorite. She's just not consistent enough in her blue chip work to take the top spot.

I genuinely like Liu, but I don't think she has much of a chance at becoming #1. She still doesn't have a MAJOR Vogue cover yet, she hasn't had many blue chip campaigns throughout her career (compared to most of her competitors), & she still walks quite a few random shows. That's not to say she won't become an icon one day. You're right about her breaking so many boundaries for Asian models. Being one of the faces of EL & a constant repeat at CK is no easy feat, not to mention being a US Vogue favorite. She's just not consistent enough in her blue chip work to take the top spot.

I know. It's a shame Meisel never took notice of her. She did have the blessing of Prada but only for one season. I wonder who will be the new number 1 this September.

Coach
La Perla
Calvin Klein Platinum
Katie Grand for Hogan
Esprit
Estee Lauder contract
Erdos

Wow!

I think it's more practical for her to score a major vogue cover or a OG blue chip campaign, but be next NUMBER ONE? that's impossible, how can someone without major magazine covers and blue chip ads and major OG editorials take No.1 spot?

Vogue Australia February 2014 Supplement
Photographer: Miguel Reveriego
Stylist: Morgan Pilcher
Hair: Tamara McNaughton
Make-Up: Serge Hodonou

facebook.com/LiuWenModel

That is a very sweet wish but I'm afraid that would never happen. Yes Liu Wen did a great job in the past few years and broke many boundaries as you said in the industry for Asian models. But, no matter campaign-wise or editorial-wise, she can't reach the place of #1 on the model ranking.

I'm a big fan of Liu Wen and I've been following her career from very early. I have to say I'm grateful she's still doing good in the market. We should notice that this season (S/S 14) seems not to be a very good season for Asian faces. Still Liu Wen got a few campaigns. And this is the situation for most Asian models: you have to walk shows to get exposure to all the big clients. The market is big but the room for Asian faces is limited.

I do hope Liu Wen can get some big campaigns and on the covers of important magazines. And I'm happy to see her starting to do things besides modelling (such as the charity event she did in the past few months). This is smart, because you can't just be a fashion model forever right?

^ "you have to walk shows to get exposure to all the big clients"
She is skipping NYFW :(

^ "you have to walk shows to get exposure to all the big clients"
She is skipping NYFW :(

Yeah, I read this on her Instagram too! Looks like she's on a vacation. Or maybe some other jobs. Wish her luck this season!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
battistaromolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->