Daniel Lee - Designer, Creative Director of Burberry

Jil Sander has become a complicated brand now when in fact it should be a no-brainer: just beautifully designed and made clothes in the finest materials for a woman who want to dress in a sophisticated way with just the right degree of fashion, neither the demanding high fashion look of Phoebe Philo nor the overtly shapeless proportions of The Row . I love both but Jil Sander should be more simple, more wearable, a real wardrobe for a working woman.

Jil Sander has become a complicated brand now when in fact it should be a no-brainer: just beautifully designed and made clothes in the finest materials for a woman who want to dress in a sophisticated way with just the right degree of fashion, neither the demanding high fashion look of Phoebe Philo nor the overtly shapeless proportions of The Row . I love both but Jil Sander should be more simple, more wearable, a real wardrobe for a working woman.
basically what tods has been offering lately

I see Gabriele Colangelo's work going perfectly on Jil sander... he is already doing something suitable at his own brand and Giada....and the campaigns are beautiful as well.

Jones for Burberry after the fiasco at Fendi? It is not a bad idea indeed since a mediocre designer for a failing british brand is quite a good match, but they could have slightly elevate the brand a little bit if they go for Clare W. K. or Sarah B.

Jones for Burberry after the fiasco at Fendi? It is not a bad idea indeed since a mediocre designer for a failing british brand is quite a good match, but they could have slightly elevate the brand a little bit if they go for Clare W. K. or Sarah B.
Rather have Kim then at least it will be a elevated coach, the other two ladies are too boring and will look too classic modern but no twist to story telling, Kim is at least more commercial and will do things that push and create hype /novelty at a general level of public understanding that at least keeps it fun.

Yes he is not the greatest but he does know how to spin a collab season after season out even if its nausea most of the time but it work on average level wich burberry needs excitement and actual non offensive hype product to buy into that can become modern classics asap.

^ I’d partly agree but I think Burberry deserves a fresh blood like Davis at Ferregamo - not overhyped tired *** designer who’s gonna be hiding behind streetwear and endless collabs…

^ I’d partly agree but I think Burberry deserves a fresh blood like Davis at Ferragamo - not overhyped tired *** designer who’s gonna be hiding behind streetwear and endless collabs…
i don't find Davis at Ferragamo fresh yet, its struggling and he might be to work in progress but he has yet to produce a unique strong vision, but potential is there, but honestly i am bored personally with all these potential of recent creative directors with just lack luster visions.

Fair enough, I think Burberry has potential and history which can be drawn from. Kim Jones is an object of my passionate hate so don’t want him to be anywhere near fashion hahha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    battistaromolo
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->