Liu Wen

Liu Wen attends the 2015 New Yorkers For Children A Fool's Fete Spring Dinner Dance at Mandarin Oriental New York on April 16, 2015 in New York City.

gettyimages

"We Are in Love"

credits to respective weibo accounts via twitter.com/siwonestvn

+ preview

youtube

If anyone who hasn't yet, but still would like to. Here, you can catch Wenli Season #2.

I highly recommend to just bookmark/save that page and every Sunday just tune in for weekly update.
Episodes 1-4 are uploaded as of now.
And what's even better is that season #1 is there too.

Season two started on 2015-03-29, same pix as below. Enjoy! :flower:^_^

php230.com

gilsa0870, thanks for all of the pictures! Love seeing her flashback. It's great to see she's out there in the scene and conversing with people the past month.

And also, even though they are tight friends, could like Eva please help Liu out here, like for a moment please...I mean putting Liu on her magazine won't hurt. Hypothetically, her readership probably wouldn't mind nor the publication. I would like to see how a friend Eva really is to Liu. :P:magic:

If anyone who hasn't yet, but still would like to. Here, you can catch Wenli Season #2.

I highly recommend to just bookmark/save that page and every Sunday just tune in for weekly update.
Episodes 1-4 are uploaded as of now.
And what's even better is that season #1 is there too.

Season two started on 2015-03-29, same pix as below. Enjoy! :flower:^_^

Thanks for the link ! Can't wait to see it. :flower:

6 Chinese Models Share Their Hometown Beauty Secrets: From Egg-White Face Masks to Peach-Blossom Nails
APRIL 17, 2015 3:04 PM
by LAURA REGENSDORF

Next month, when the parade of Met Gala attendees streams through the latest Costume Institute exhibition, “China: Through the Looking Glass,” they will be met with a visual feast that spans centuries and continents. A slinky one-shoulder dress by Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent calls to mind a Qing Dynasty court robe; a voluminous Roberto Cavalli design reinterprets blue-and-white porcelain. Of course, China has supplied the fashion world with more than just inspiration: An increasing number of today’s most sought-after models call the country home. With that in mind, we tracked down six runway favorites, from all-star Liu Wen to newcomer Luping Wang, to talk about local beauty traditions and the skin-care lessons passed down from mothers and grandmothers.

LIU WEN

The 27-year-old Yongzhou native, known for her winsome dimples and sporty street style, celebrates her fifth anniversary as a face of Estée Lauder this month (she’s the first China-born model to hold the title). These days she shuttles between New York City and Beijing, “but most of the time I feel like I live in airports all over the world,” Wen says. Her powerhouse status is clear no matter how you crunch the numbers: 855,000 followers on Instagram—and another nine million on the Chinese microblogging site, Weibo.

What’s your first childhood beauty memory?
My mom styled her hair a certain way: shoulder-length and curly. As a child, I thought that was very womanly. She was also very good at putting on eyeliner, but it wasn’t via makeup. She would go to a beauty parlor and have the black outlines lasered on!

Any local beauty rituals you observed at home?
We used raw egg whites directly as face masks. Of course, there were cucumbers on the eyes, too! For Chinese New Year, we drew a red dot at the center of our foreheads; I think it was for good fortune. It went along well with the red clothing we were expected to wear for the holiday.

Can you define the Chinese beauty ideal?
Where I’m from, good skin was a great indicator of beauty. But on the inside, beauty always meant a woman with a warm heart and a diligent spirit.

Who is your beauty icon?
My true icon is my mom, but outside of the family, the actress Gong Li was one for myself and many others.

Any natural remedies you swear by?
I love to boil the fruits of the Chinese soap-pod locust tree in water and use that as shampoo. You can also boil wormwood plants in water and use it as soap for the skin; it helps reduce irritation and rashes. And whenever I go back to China, I buy a lot of red dates and goji berries. They’re great to put in water, tea, or congee to drink or eat. The result helps your skin stay healthy and glowing.
vogue

"fifth anniversary as a face of estee lauder"... ha! what a joke!

but whatever, i'm not bitter. as long as they still pay her. :ninja: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matkolodziejski
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->