Liu Wen

I read an article on Guangzhou Daily that the show "We Are in Love" is going to be aired tonight and they give a bit of tease of how Liu "secretly" flied to South Korea and experienced "South Korean style" romance.

A major applause to her management as after all these years of modeling, I think she's finally going to break into the mainstream media and get her name out there to the general public.

Sunday night on JSTV is a great spot. She's only going to be more successful going forward.

Estee lauder aired a lot of commercials on JSTV as well, unfortunately with Constance in them. Start using Liu during the commercial break! Seriously.

^So how big of a circulation is the Guangzhou Daily? How prominent is the paper? Equivalent to NY Times?

As a member here mentioned earlier, Liu will be introduced to the middle class. So just curious, is the middle class like the average/standard audience who watches this sort of show? (Or is this more of a topic of simply owning a t.v.?)

hishirley, don't know if this is what you saw, but this is what I found. :smile:lol:smile:

gzdaily.dayoo.com

^ Hope someone can upload the programme on youtube or other websites provided online viewing, as many Chinese TV shows update their videos on youtube so speedily (interesting right?) Moreover, hope the uploader (pity that we do not have one yet :mellow:) will be kind to add subtitles.

I know! We need subtitles. :lol: Watching Wenli was funny, but would've liked subtitles to understand clearer. If Liu is making another season or starring in another Chinese speaking program, hopefully she can pitch in by requesting english subtitles too. It will be helpful to us international people, especially her admirers/fans.

There is a song named after her by a electronica musician from Berlin

Thanks for bringing it up again. Kind of brushed it off as I didn't believe it until Liu pops in the clip towards the end. Liu must be flattered.

I just worry a bit if his fans start being aggressive on social media towards her.

Have any of us seen the tirade Liu is receiving on her instagram? :ninja: Hopefully Liu was prepared for this.

+ more promotional/preview of "We Are in Love"....

sina.com via dramadreamland.wordpress.com

Rather have Liu put an end to her association with EL (despite the cost), if she's no longer fronting an ad, later this year... It's simply not cool.

Anyway, I consistently like her answers. And just like them, Gong Li really is an icon. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
+ more...

credits to respective weibo accounts via twitter.com/siwonestvn

Please post a subbed link if anyone can find one! Thanks, I'm very excited to watch this and I found it fascinating that Liu has never even had a boyfriend.

^ I believe the subtitles will be embedded in the programme video very soon, because the guy Liu works with is rather popular mostly amongst some young girls in Asia, including some English-spoken regions :doh: Maybe the crazy fans will upload it on youtube to share...

^*sigh*-_- You have to be somewhat familiar with the Asian entertainment, particularly Korean, to grasp an idea of the aspects that is associated with celebrities - more so with pop stars...

Basically, people exert their feelings in an ugly way towards Liu, simply because of this show, being attached to Siwon.

I don't know, I think someone could give you a better explanation than me.

Before you start scrolling down, and if you are a person who is foreign to Asian entertainment (in general),
I hope you should keep an open mind of this particular style of program.
Mainly, we watch it for the LOL's and the behavioral interaction of the participants, in this case, Liu Wen and Siwon.
It's all fun, really.

Alrighty, we're gonna need someone who has the knowledge and capabilities to embed english subtitles.
And obviously someone who is fluent in Chinese Mandarin.
Either we have a kind hearted soul who is up for the task or we're gonna have to wait for one of Siwon's fan...

This is NOT subbed yet. However, if you're thirsty, you can start watching without english subs.

Liu's part starts at the 2.34 mark until end. Enjoy! :flower:^_^

youtube

^^^ Some disrespectful words...such behaviors are rather normal in that kind of fan cult, and are definitely improper. Hope Liu won't be disturbed by that. :huh:

^ I agree. Even though Liu being in the modeling/fashion industry...this is by far much worse than being scrutinized for having a bad walk, being too short or the imperfections on your face.

I'm sure Liu is mentally and emotionally capable. But yeah, Liu should watch her back and take care of herself.

Still waiting for that sub.........:rolleyes:

I'm also interested to know how popular the show was last night? What was he viewer count? Can anybody find that out? I'm hoping that it did very well or at least better than usual because of Liu and Siwon.

I don't understand why Korean entertainer are so popular in China.

^ I can understand but not a fan of that. You may consider it as a referential phenomenon about popular culture, which benefits from the marketing strategies and management on entertainers' physical presences by entertainment enterprises, in pan Asia, or even in Arabic world. Moreover, it is interesting that even Liu herself is a fan of Korean pop culture.

I don't understand why Korean entertainer are so popular in China.

One of the reasons is that the Chinese pop scene is nowhere as big as the Korean one (and most of it also isn't very good from what I've heard). Also a lot of K-pop groups are now branching into the Chinese market because it's so massive and songs are now being recorded in Korean and then Mandarin. Siwon is ALSO part of Super Junior M, a sub group of Super Junior (the super popular Korean one) and they comprise of Korean and Chinese members, singing in both Korean and Mandarin. Siwon can speak Chinese (decently but he's definitely not fluent) and people in China love that sort of thing. ^_^

Have any of us seen the tirade Liu is receiving on her instagram? :ninja: Hopefully Liu was prepared for this.

I saw them as well, and I think it's fine because it was a vocal but very small minority :lol: I watched the show and tracked the Weibo reactions, which were overwhelmingly positive towards them! I think the production team and her + Siwon should be very happy with the results :smile:

^Thanks for the update.
And yeah, with Liu Wen and Siwon's combine star power would render wonderful outcome.
Hypothetically speaking of course!
That's great to hear! Glad Liu is being embraced!

As a member mentioned earlier, do you happen to know how were the ratings?
(Hopefully that isn't asking too much. :lol:)

Just gonna keep posting these...why not?

credits to respective weibo accounts via sina.com and onehallyu.com

Due to copyrights, the other clip was thus removed.

If one hasn't catched it yet, here's another clip from the network themselves.

NOT SUBBED THOUGH. NOT YET.
Also in 1080 HD for those who are adamant about quality.

Starts at 58:24 mark.

youtube

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couturemagazine
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->