EWhCsKn.gif

credits as tagged/to original owners via weibo; weibo.com

Previews for Marie Claire China...

By Yu Cong and Mei Yuan Gui?

weibo/marieclairechina

Love the Marie-Claire previews !

And thanks for posting the coveteur photos and interview :flower:

“[My best career advice is] always be punctual.”

I love this answer. I cringe whenever a model or an actor or anyone says to "just be yourself."

^ Realized that Liu (always) arrives early to events/shows too, evidently by her recent appearances. (Haha, seriously.)

Even at her level she even carries out the basic rules.

Gorgeous shots/work from everything so far. Waiting for the complete MC editorial(s).

Attended the newly opened La Perla flagship store in Hong Kong
October 29, 2015

credits as tagged via weibo; instagram/liuwenlw; weibo: laperlachina, modelliuwen; weibo.com

ELLE CHINA NOV. 2015
'Imperfect Perfect Face, You Are Beautiful'
Ph: Mei Yuan Gui
Hair: Jason.X
Makeup: He Lei Dong

weibo.com

61XTat6.gif

gif by me

"I'm very honored to work with French Vogue [and they] always show the women [as] very confident, beautiful . . . sexy [and] chic." -Liu Wen

youtube

Interestingly Liu was approached by VP for this given that she doesn't appear in the publication as much (like twice only). Of course this isn't any bad sign at all; glad that they know and remember her, right?

From the clip it seems Liu is pretty aware of what the women of French Vogue is, I personally wonder if Liu has ever thought of being in those kind of stories that they produce (not all, but the very good ones). And basically if she ever thought of being styled, portraying and conveying the adjectives that she verbal out. Think that would be a whole new experience for her and for her fans and know that she'll enjoy transforming if done right.

If she ever does appear in the magazine again, hopefully it could be someone other than Sims. Nothing against him but it would far more exciting to see Liu work with past photographers such as Inez & Vinoodh, Testino, Sorrenti (she recently just worked with him after a long time). Does Mert & Marcus still shoot for VP? Liu has a better relationship with them (but not so much editorial-wise lately), so that's more be feasible.

Personally I&V or M&M would be terrific. Either way it would be interesting to see any of these choices/collaborations in the near future. Wishful thinking. Haha.

Now it would be great if Ms. Alt (and her team) be more incline to see the potential in Liu. After all she could be that 'Parisian' woman. She has sophisticate taste and style. Let her perform and see what happens. :magic:

Misc. feautures...

HARPER'S BAZAAR HONG KONG NOV. 2015

L'OFFICIEL SINGAPORE NOV. 2015

FEMINA CHINA NOV. 2015

all weibo/fashionmodels

Accompany short interview from her Bazaar UK edit...

I enjoyed the experience of transforming into different roles,' says Wen of this month's beaut shoot on . . . but admits that her personal regime is simply to 'stay happy and wear a smile'. Widely recognised as China's most successful supermodel, she was discovered in Beijing and went on to become the first Asian woman to land an international cosmetics contract with Estee Lauder.

White Christmas or winter sun?

Snowy scenes in bright sunlight are the most beautiful.

Favourite moment of 2015?

My first skydive - I descended from 4,200 meters, and there was a minute of free fall when I looked at the Earth and felt I would never be afraid of anything ever again.

Would you call yourself a feminist?

I think society needs to reach a point where every woman can be truly independent if she chooses to be.

weibo/yongchoi

Attended the grand opening party of La Perla Boutique in Beijing
November 12, 2015

see next post for credits...

...cont.

credits to owners as tagged, instagram/laperlalingerie, sina/tungstar, qq.com, weibo/laperla weibo.com

Another Tiffany's commercial...

pc5ROcQ.gif

youtube

gifs by me

It's apparent there's an underlying deep meaning to this narrative with Liu. Wonder if this was written by Liu herself, haha.
Either way Tiffanys chose the right representative, indeed.

MARIE CLAIRE CHINA DEC. 2015
'The Art of Resilience'
Ph: Yu Cong
Stylist: Mix Wei
Hair: He Leidong
Makeup: He Zhiguo

sina.com

MARIE CLAIRE CHINA DEC. 2015
'The Spirit of Self-plicity'
Ph: Mei Yuan Gui
Stylist: Mix Wei
Hair: He Leidong