Liu Wen

I have a feeling Liu will make a comeback in HF full throttle in her 30s. To me she has this sort of timeless appeal like Liya Kebede

I forgot to mention this in my last post, but I really am praying she got Giorgio Armani SS 2017. It still hasn't been released yet. She would fit the aesthetic so well. So elegant and strong.

^ It puzzles me that she hasn't front the Armani mainline campaign yet. It was great that she got the 'New Normal' ad though.

Couldn't agree more about Meisel and Asian models in general. Though I suspect there are other factors that contribute to that too, but I digress. Have been saying this thousand times - Meisel and Liu Wen needs a solo project... and that may just happen later on. The sooner the better.

Meanwhile it's interesting that she tend to get the higher profile campaigns for F/W and not S/S. An observation to note.

Attended Harper's Bazaar '150 Most Fashionable Women' at Sunset Tower Hotel
West Hollywood | January 27, 2017

gifs by me; hawtcelebs.com; weibo.com; wonderwall.com; wwd.com; zimbio.com

[​

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It puzzles me that she hasn't front the Armani mainline campaign yet. It was great that she got the 'New Normal' ad though.

Couldn't agree more about Meisel and Asian models in general. Though I suspect there are other factors that contribute to that too, but I digress. Have been saying this thousand times - Meisel and Liu Wen needs a solo project... and that may just happen later on. The sooner the better.

Meanwhile it's interesting that she tend to get the higher profile campaigns for F/W and not S/S. An observation to note.

She stood out in the New Normal. Easily the star of that campaign and that's saying a lot especially at since she was in company of Liya and Amanda Murphy. They'd be foolish not to give her the mainline campaign.

^ Yes. She should get one in the future.

#Moschino

gif by me; weibo.com

GRAZIA CHINA JAN. 2017
'Liu Wen, Unstoppable'
Ph: Li Qí
Stylist: Hubert Chen
Hair: Xiàng Wén
Makeup: Hé Lěi
Nails: Wenda

gif by me; weibo.com

https://sendvid.com/wcbccgc9

[​

Attended the Tommy Hilfiger F/W 2016 show in September

nooJmwI.gif

gif by me; mrbuleishaw.files.wordpress.com; runwaynewsroom.tommy.com; weibo.com

She didn't get Giorgio Armani. They got some boring white girl instead. UGH not fair, IMO. Maybe FW 2017 will be better for high fashion campaigns.

There is a chance she could be in Tommy Hilfiger though I suppose. That campaign hasn't been released yet, right?

^ There is no such thing as "fair" when it comes to modeling. Also, seems pretty unnecessary to specify the color of the skin of the girl who got the campaign, regardless of whether you like her or not.

Anyway, I don't think she will get Tommy Hilfiger. Gigi Hadid probably will, since she is the current muse/co-designer.

^ There is no such thing as "fair" when it comes to modeling. Also, seems pretty unnecessary to specify the color of the skin of the girl who got the campaign, regardless of whether you like her or not.

Anyway, I don't think she will get Tommy Hilfiger. Gigi Hadid probably will, since she is the current muse/co-designer.

I think it's necessary especially at since the industry is still very racist. Liu is much more talented than many of the white women who get blue multiple chip campaigns yet she doesn't get them because she's POC. It's very unfair actually.

There's no denying that the industry is racist. But I don't think that's the reason why Liu did not get the campaign. Armani always goes for new-ish/young models for their campaigns, with the exception of the "New Normal" line, which Liu got last season.
And again, talent and beauty is subjective and fairness is not part of the rules in this industry.

There's no denying that the industry is racist. But I don't think that's the reason why Liu did not get the campaign. Armani always goes for new-ish/young models for their campaigns, with the exception of the "New Normal" line, which Liu got last season.
And again, talent and beauty is subjective and fairness is not part of the rules in this industry.

Yeah I guess it is subjective. I just wish Giorgio Armani would have women rather than girls. Saskia, Milou Van Groesen, Mariacarla, Aymeline, Liu, Liya, and Amanda M are what I consider Armani women. To me Giorgio Armani is about elegance and sophistication. A lot of the younger girls lack that quality IMO

RH9Wa0H.gif

gif by me; gettyimages.com; nowfashion.com; nymag.com; theimpression.com; zimbio.com

Seems like she's in NY. And presumably preoccupied and prepping for next week.

weibo.com

Attended Tory Burch's Private Dinner in Pierre Hotel
New York City | September 2016

fashionone.com; instagram/toryburch; nytimes.com; wmagazine.com; wwd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timblackwhite
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"