Liu Wen

My dream is to see Liu in Louis Vuitton FW 2017 ad with Freja. Nicolas Ghesquière loves her so maybe it could happen

My dream is to see Liu in Louis Vuitton FW 2017 ad with Freja. Nicolas Ghesquière loves her so maybe it could happen

This is deja vu. We have said that she should be in a LV campaign by now, but things just aren't coming to fruition. Again, Brokaw hasn't cast her in anything recently IIRC so that's a hurdle (same thing for Sauvé). But rather let's have Nicolas create a collection that revolves around the person that is Liu Wen - let her be an inspiration to him. Then maybe we could see her fronting the campaign under his direction. Just an idea.

Attending his show several times is a pretty good sign for the relationship, but perhaps the business perspective should step in and greenlight this... because from the creative side, things aren't flying.

And somehow that energy didn't translate enough into print (or poorly chosen), however shots 6 and 7 definitely made up for it. Great shots and overall styling for Grazia.

Preview Elle China March 2017

[​

Last edited by a moderator:

gif by me; le21eme.com; theimpression.com; vogue.com; wwd.com

US Vogue March 2017 Cover : Fashion's Fearless Females by Annie Leibovitz
005G4rIegy1fcjf3h0m01j30hs0m2q7k.jpg

weibo/modleliuwen

MY GIRL! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I gasped when I saw her on the cover! This is so amazing and long overdue! Congrats Liu!

Attended the Moschino spring show in Milan
September 2016

chuansong.me; weibo.com

VOGUE US MAR. 2017
'Fashion's Fearless Females'
Ph: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Hair: James Pecis
Makeup: Dick Page
Nails: Emi Kudo & Daria Hardman

How Models Like Ashley Graham, Gigi Hadid, and Liu Wen Are Democratizing Fashion

In a climate of immigration bans and building walls, models Adwoa Aboah, Liu Wen, Ashley Graham, Vittoria Ceretti, Imaan Hammam, Gigi Hadid, and Kendall Jenner advocate inclusive beauty beyond tired buzz words like “diversity” or “plus size.” Speaking to the experience of being marginalized—while now holding center stage— the March 2017 cover stars note a pronounced shift in body positivity while also alluding to the continued progress that needs to be achieved and sustained. Photographed on a private beach in Malibu by Inez and Vinoodh, the far-ranging models speak out about international designers and why fashion knows no borders.

Bae Watch

From left: Models Liu Wen, Ashley Graham, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Imaan Hammam, Vittoria Ceretti, and Adwoa Aboah, in Prada turtlenecks ($820), shorts ($880), and belts; select Prada boutiques. On Liu: Miu Miu shorts, $595: select Miu Miu boutiques.

Cloaked Crusader

A master of pose and composure on the catwalk (Liu Wen was the first East Asian model to land the Victoria’s Secret show) throws on an artful array of clashing prints and textures. Alix of Bohemia jacket, $2,850; alixofbohemia.com. Etro dress, $3,750; Etro boutiques. Eva Fehren ring.
vogue.com

well, i can officially die a happy man! congrats, and out of all the girls, the most deserved!

That shoot day in Malibu was absolutely stunning.
Between the blue skies and the vast ocean, the experience of shooting with these beautiful young women
was incredible, and I was inspired by all of your energy and smiles.

For me, this is the result of endless support from so many people over the years.
Thank you for making my dream come true ❤️ @voguemagazine #AnnaWintour #Vogue125 #WomenRule

A special shout out to @thesocietynyc @cgnewyork @georgesperos @helenasuric for everything!

[

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy for her !! She looks great in all of her pics, and she really shines on the cover. :wub:

I hope that the cover will help her get a blue chip campaign this fall! I really want to see her in Versace if Tisci takes over for that brand.

Is Liu Wen the first Asian on the COVER cover of American Vogue? I know that Fei Fei was on the fold out already.

The Vogue US cover is very well-deserving for her! Congrats! And let's look forward to more works from our girl in 2017!!!

Attended the 19th Annual amfAR New York Gala at Cipriani Wall Street
New York City | February 8, 2017

Wearing Rita Vinieris dress

gif by me; weibo.com; zimbio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiccestlavie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"