Liu Wen

instagram/vbao9119; weibo.com

[​

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you're right but Liu is getting more famous as time continues on. I thought she'd get Givenchy at some point cos Tisci chose her to close a show several seasons ago.

TBH I could see Liu getting Prada in an upcoming season. Miuccia often reveals pleasant and unexpected surprises in Prada campaigns.

Tisci chose her to close Givenchy during the rise of Asian models. He's an opportunist. He only uses what would bring benefits and attention to his work. The only reason he's using a lot of black models because in exchange he wins the favor of black actors and singers in the U.S. Beyonce for example, gives his work a lot of exposure because in her eyes he embraces blacks.

That's what I don't like about him. He's an opportunistic and more of a politically correct person. He doesn't utilize Asian models because there aren't a lot of Asian celebrities in the US's entertainment industry.

The last time an Asian model fronted Versace campaign? Devon Aoki during the late 1990s.

weibo.com

FEBRUARY 8, 2017

by JANELLE OKWODU

Fashion-conscious models are plentiful these days, but Vogue March cover star Liu Wen is something special. Mixing elegance and cuteness, her personal style is a unique mix of the best designer pieces and one-of-a-kind finds from her travels. You’re just as likely to see Liu in fuzzy Gucci loafers and a little black Chanel jacket as you are to see her carrying a tote covered in the anime cat Doraemon. Unfussy with a love of sneakers and sports gear, Liu’s look is the antithesis of a designer billboard: i.e., comfortable, simple, and full of mix-and-match pieces. “Fashion is constantly evolving throughout the seasons and within various cultural changes, but the one thing that has stayed constant is how I always want my style to be an authentic, intrinsic part of myself,” she says.

Liu’s love of fashion didn’t exactly bloom overnight—in fact, she says, she picked it up on the job. “When I was younger I didn’t have this passion at all,” says Liu. “It was only through modeling, where it started to cultivate as a hobby and eventually became a strong part of my identity.” Learning behind the scenes from the best in the business helped to cultivate her tastes, from being introduced to innovative design talent to seeing the process behind making a collection. “I could study how they engaged with fashion, and how in turn it transforms a person into so many different roles,” she says. Eventually, she began applying that ethos to her own everyday style.

Millions now follow her every outfit update on Instagram and Weibo. Though Liu shops at luxury outposts like Dover Street Market, Totokaelo, and Maryam Nassir Zadeh, her love of colorful trainers and athleisure is part of what makes her style so widely accessible. On top of being a longtime fan of sneakers, she’s always been drawn to easy, comfortable pieces. “I have a strong appreciation for oversize sweatshirts, loose mohair sweaters, and jeans that are frayed at the ankles,” she says. The adorable collection of statement accessories happened organically, too. “I don’t consciously collect them or anything, but it’s true that I try to accessorize with a lot of different items, whether simple or otherwise,” says Liu. “A fun pair of earrings is basically the finishing touch to any outfit, a nice watch is both practical and decorative, while the perfect unique bag is not only eye-catching but also timeless—it can be passed on to future generations.”

In recent months Liu has added a new layer to her look with sexier pieces. Stepping out at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in a flirty snake-print-covered minidress and attending Chanel’s star-studded Shanghai event in a slinky patent pencil skirt, she’s embracing a new side—but don’t expect a 180-degree change. “I’ve become more and more comfortable with occasionally dressing sexier,” acknowledges Liu, “but I still hope to express a ‘cool’ type of sensuality.” Inspired by the runways, the eclectic on-screen wardrobes of her favorite film characters, and the creative professionals she works with daily, Liu is sure even more experimentation lies ahead. “Even a conversation on set can bring about a new attitude toward fashion, and a brief glance can show you a detail you can also adopt.”
vogue.com

2UXiX3C.gif

gif by me; gettyimages.com; hawtcelebs.com; instagram/christynakay; sina.com.cn; sohu.com; weibo.com; wwd.com

Happy she got Elle again. They're pretty especially the twelfth shot. It looks campaign/cover worthy.

Would have wanted her in the Lanvin campaign as well. Womanly with a sensual undertone, and exquisite just like the collection.

ELLE CHINA MAR. 2017
'Desert & Dazzle'
Ph: Li Qí
Stylist: Jin Jing
Hair: Bon Fan Zhang
Makeup: Hé Lěi ​​​​

weibo.com

Giorgio Armani New Normal Fall/Winter 16.17 (Ad Campaign)
Models: Liu Wen, Liya Kebede, Amanda Murphy & Elisa Sednaoui
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Stylist: George Cortina
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Makeup: Emmanuel Sammartino

2bmanagement.com & clm-agency.com

Showcard for MFW F/W 2017/18: ELITE MILAN

BY SPECIAL REQUEST

models.com

Preview for CR Fashion Book!

forbes.com

[​

Think she's in Milan. Would prefer if she walked a show...

[​

instagram/material_veteran

In between shoot.
Not sure if is new, if so, probably a couple days ago.

instagrams/benjaminpuckey

Also for EL:

[​

Attended Tod's 'Timeless Icons' at Villa Necchi in Milan
February 23, 2017

cosmo.com.ua; instagrams: chionipeng & tods; weibo.com

[​

Post Tod's. Off to where?

[