Arrival for the Fendi event

pzgv9zJ.gif
m7SbSzC.gif

gifs by me; weibo.com

[

Last edited by a moderator:

At the Tony's!

zimbio.com

My first @thetonyawards was so incredible!! I am so inspired by all the performances,
and huge congratulations to all the winners ❤️ Thank you @zacposen for the beautiful dress & being my date,
@voguemagazine for the invitation, @marcmena @asamimatsuda for the glam..it was a perfect evening!!
#theatreinspires #tonyawards2017​
instagram/liuwenlw

weibo.com

#MO&CoSlipDress #FentyPumaSneakerBoots #ChanelBag #ChanelWatch

Those up-close Chanel shots are STUNNING. Crystal clear and raw beauty (albeit minimal makeup). Glad the partnership between Chanel and Liu Wen is still solid. If only she could be on the other end with Lagerfeld and his camera.

And how unexpected to see her there at the Tonys! Kudos to Vogue and Zac again. It'd be interesting and awesome to see her at the Globes or Oscars in the future then... perhaps when she cement herself as a legit actress, or some other means. It's possible.

Liu Wen, Broadway Fan, Flew All the Way
From Shanghai To Attend the Tony Awards With Zac Posen

By Todd Plummer
Photos by Alex Holder

"Can you believe she looks that good?” whispered an assistant. “She just got off the plane this morning.”

When you’re the world’s most recognized Chinese supermodel, you probably get used to the Shanghai-New York commute. But the surprising thing was that when Liu Wen arrived looking impossibly fresh at Zac Posen’s midtown studio straight from the airport, she admitted that it was exuberance—as opposed to a sheet mask, or a facial spritz on the plane—that had her so ready-to-go. “When you love what you do and you’re excited about where you’re going and who you’re seeing, that keeps you energized,” she said. “But, I mean, makeup does help a lot. It takes teamwork.”

Wen was, after all, quite excited for the evening’s plans: attending the 71st Tony Awards as Posen’s date. She’s been invited to the affair several times, but has always been unavailable for one reason or another. “I love musicals,” she said. “I love them because I’m a horrible singer. Very, very bad. But when you see a musical, and you hear that talent and passion, the energy is so special. You almost want to join in. In China, the theater is different; more like traditional Chinese opera. So when I came to New York the first show I saw was Hair, and I was hooked. Newsies, The Lion King, Matilda, I love it all.”

So when Posen asked to accompany him to theater’s biggest night, she leapt at the opportunity, and flew in from Shanghai for the occasion. “It’s so special to be going with Zac tonight,” she said, “I wore a Zac dress to the Met Gala four years ago, and that is still one of my favorite red carpet moments. The big, green one. Today, my Chinese fans and friends still talk about that dress. And when I did the fitting earlier today, it was the same tailor and she said, ‘Do you remember me?’ and I said, ‘Of course yes!’”

Posen whirled in through the door while Wen sat perched in the makeup chair. Within seconds he had tossed off his sunglasses, retrieved a velvet bowtie from his office, and quipped about how it might not be the best sartorial choice for a muggy June night. “But it just goes with the dress so well,” he said with a smile, holding the bowtie up to the gown he has selected for Wen to wear. “Yeah, it does, don’t you see?”

It’s a giant confection of a dress, made from fine mesh with “the most exquisite lacework,” according to the designer.

Taking a seat, he rattled off jokes while Wen finished hair and makeup. “You know, Liu, you don’t have to wear a heel,” he said, a nod to their height disparity. “Just wear a flat. Or do what Glenn Close does, and wear a sneaker. Nobody’s going to see it under the skirt anyways!”

As the two catch up, their conversation eventually makes its way back to the theater, and how excited they are for the night’s festivities. “I was so impressed with Dear Evan Hansen,” said Posen. “It was contemporary, simply staged, and hard subject matter—things I think are challenging to do good musical theater with. But it was incredible. Present Laughter was another good one. And everyone needs to see Sunset Boulevard.”

The facility with which Posen speaks about theater comes from literally a lifetime of catching Broadway shows, about fourteen years of attending the Tony Awards, and even a stint or two at theater camp as a child. “I’ve been going to Broadway my entire life,” he continued. “It’s one of the great things that make New York incredible. And in my whole time going to the theater I have never seen such energy the way Broadway has on the streets right now. I mean, every night, the streets are buzzing with excitement around performers and productions and it’s exciting.”

The car arrives downstairs, and in the blink of an eye, Wen has pulled the massive gown over her head. “I feel like a princess,” she said, looking at herself in the mirror. “You see, Zac is the perfect date for the Tony’s because his dresses are drama. Wearing a Zac dress is a form of theater. Plus wherever you go with him, you never get bored.”

The duo’s chemistry is also undeniable—all giggles, smiles, and twirls. They glide down to the elevator arm-in-arm, pull Wen’s massive dress into it, then head downstairs to the street.

“Look at her, she’s a star,” said Posen, hopping into the car and heading off into the very glamorous night.

wmagazine.com

dKFUwE5.gif
qcXp6dq.gif
3PKUyIz.gif

oDKRYX3.gif
vbQx5PC.gif

aDblqXy.gif
fRXRZaw.gif
ZoMwYC5.gif

instagrams: asamimatsuda, marcmena, thesocietynyc, toddkingston & zac posen

MwAJFZi.gif

AIVkGXT.gif

gifs by me; hawtcelebs.com; image.ie; instgram/vsmodelstories, news.com.au; vogue.com; weibo.com

originals via weibo.com

#FakesIntoReality #TakeMattersIntoOwnHands #LetsRunThis #ForFun

At Fendi 'Peekaboo Exhibition' in Beijing
June 9, 2017

eJsTM6X.gif

2dv8v9f.png

m9mbGsh.gif

gifs by me; instagrams: guo_dede & yolanda715318; kaixian.tv; weibo.com

[

Last edited by a moderator:
SHANGHAI, CHINA - JUNE 16: Model Liu Wen arrives at the red carpet of 2017 Vogue Film gala on June 16, 2017 in Shanghai, China. (Photo by VCG/VCG via Getty Images)
fwcFb2e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueskin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->