Loewe F/W 09.10 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Last season was so HOT... LOL Gisele, i love this overrated girl. I love the fact that she sucks but at the same time she's so markeable. Whatever.
The campaign looks cheap and dumb. Just go away gisele... The cat, on the other hand, nailed it :blush::flower:

What a crock of ****......just a complete waste of time and effort.......apart from the cat.:meow:

Extremely cheap-looking and unappealing. Even if it's Gisele.

What? This is such a horrible campaign. Its like they're so lazy.

I Heart Gisele

24 June 2009, 12:50PM
HAVING made a career of looking achingly glamorous and groomed, supermodel Gisele Bundchen is many brands' campaign girl of choice - but, having chosen her for this season's Loewe campaign, creative director Stuart Vevers tells VOGUE.COM why he was looking for a more natural Gisele to embody the Spanish heritage brand.
"An intimate connection between the viewer and Gisele was important, with strong eye contact. We wanted it to really feel like the bags belonged to Gisele, so we kept silhouettes and poses natural, focusing on our most iconic shapes and expressing the softness, ease and high quality of the leather goods.
We wanted Gisele to look beautiful and mysterious, and for the viewer to wonder what is happening in this opulent, sparse Spanish apartment! Shot from unexpected angles with a twisted perspective, she is sometimes bold, sometimes provocative, with a taste for luxury but also for the unexpected, as carefully measured amounts of flesh peep out from a signature leather trench or huge cashmere scarf. Bold hand gestures and flourishes of the arms lend a strong twist, recalling authentic, sensual Spanish dance.
Gisele represents perfectly the Loewe woman, modern, strong, cool and sexy - balancing polish with ease. For this campaign we wanted to focus on the soul and heritage of the house, presented in a rich and modern way."

vogue.co.uk

The arms make more sense when I consider that idea of 'Spanish dancing' - yet would anyone who hadn't read Vevers' words recognise that influence from seeing the ads alone?

The explanation only makes it worst for me...this could not be farther away from Spanish dances...is almost an insult for the "Bailaoras"

When Gisele was here in Brazil last week she was interviewed by a brazilian journalist called Lilian Pacce, and she told her about this campaign... Actually she didn't say Loewe, but she said that it was a recent work shot by I&V... She said that the lighting wasn't really favorable to her but that was their purpose, like it's said in the article.

maybe this is the quote? (translated by fabidivina @ justgirocks)

L- Elaine Constantino said that you're photogenic.
G- I think that's not just about the facial angles, there are other factors involved. Light is the big one. Recently I've done a campaign with the photographer Inez &V and the look being used was very dark and depressive, I didn't like it but doesn't matter because it's what the client and the campaign demands.

the hands make a bit more sense to me know.

Gisele really did a great job showing what the client wants, the hands r now less odd to me ^^

She did what the client asked for. Don't blame her for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->