Loewe F/W 2019.20 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 1, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Continuously beautiful, albeit slightly less experimental than Jonathan's previous offerings. I like the checkered coat, the silk pieces, that suit's lapel that falls ribbon-like on the body, the last outfit. Pleasantly surprised to hear the soundtrack from The Favourite playing at one point; instant positive association!

YohjiAddict likes this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Going to the Loewe show in a gloomy Parisian day and then seeing all that fabulosity!
    It was divine...
    I almost wanted to buy everything. There were some interesting details like the back slit on the simple white chunky sweater, the pearls embroidered sweater.
    I love the knitted cape..Almost as beautiful as the one Stefano Pilati did for YSL in 2006. The degrade of fabrics was cute. And There was biais cut! It showed growth and a confidence in techniques! I like it!

And the new bag the last few models had was really beautiful!

They needs to step their game in the shoes department.
    It’s their weakness unfortunately. There aren’t quite desirable shoes from Loewe.

The styling was really great and compared to JWA, Bruno really hold back. It was a beautiful collection even if the set wasn’t really at the same level.

I wish I was rich to live in Loewe!
    One of my favorite.

YohjiAddict and ogepma like this.
  5. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Active Member

Regardless of my gender, I would just buy all of Anderson's men and women clothes and just want to live in them forever.
    I love it! As usual, this is amazing! It is like a whimsy Phoebe's Celine or more contemporary Prada.
    All his collections always tell me: "Look at me, I am a successful rich man/woman with quirky, but expensive taste, oh, and also I appear to be a huge contemporary art collector and I fly each season to NY and London to see Guggenheim and Tate Britain."

6. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

I can´t keep my eyes off those silly hats with ears...why?? Like fake Mickey Mouse hats from a chinese bazaar.

7. IloveDiorHomme

IloveDiorHomme Well-Known Member

I love that each look has its own identity.

Anderson doesn't show only clothes but textiles experiments, interesting details, proportions, quirky ideas. Not his best Loewe collection but still very good, and better than 99% the other boring collections.

YohjiAddict and Lola701 like this.
  8. blackcherrified

It’s the most interesting amongst all the Philo-lookalikes this season!

Good job ex-Phoebe’s assistanc... oops sorry. i meant JW Anderson :rofl::rofl:

RedSmokeRise and jeanclaude like this.
  9. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Active Member

It does look a bit like Celine indeed, but I actually think JWA perfectly stands on his own as a designer, can’t say he is copying...

ogepma and Lola701 like this.
  10. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

I like this eclectic collection; there are so many pieces I want to wear.
    it's great that each look has a little "twist" ^_^

Lola701 likes this.
  11. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

He rarely disappoints. Another superb collection!

Lola701 likes this.
  12. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

I preferred the collection he presented for his name-sake label but this is not bad at all.The weird, cartoon hats reminded me of Yohji's F/W 97, a lovely gimmick IMO. My favorite look has to be the paisley coat with ribbon fastenings, very Gigli-esque. I just love how much variety one finds in JW's work, like drifting through a particularly chic and tasteful thrift store.

dontbeadrag likes this.