Loewe F/W 2024.25 Paris

That was really good. Great soundtrack as always!

Much better than last season.

Opening looks were elegant. Black and white draped gown felt out of place but still very nice.

Loved the prints, the lettuce pants can go.

The tailed tuxedo jackets were fab. The checkered gown! The appliqué checkered dress!

Weird to have a boy close the show

Last edited:
I am shocked that nothing really awed me this time.

The fishtail tuxedos were okayish, the best for sure.

Much better than the latest menswear collection! It's focused and wearable, the weirdness is used in the right context, and the wit is still there. It also feels oddly commercial, but it shouldn't be surprising with the brand's expansion plan. I can also see the impact of Appiolaza leaving the brand, I guess he was responsible for the surreal touch.

This dress is my favorite one. I love the textures and the concept. I'm still digesting the collection as a whole. The second half feels more convincing. There are some ideas that he's already presented in different collections, so I'm not sold.

I feel like this particular collection has been very menswear driven and I prefer a Fall 2016 approach.

Better than his dreadful men's collection last month indeed, though it's still far from being a hit.

I don't really get the phenomenon of this JW guy, there are miles better collections this season from smaller brands. He seems like a guy with average talent but got luck, which is a luck that he should appreciate and never be complacent till the end of his life.

I also hope his career will forever be tied to Loewe and his own label. You can make as many "groundbreaking" propositions as you want, as long as you don't bring your vision to the other fashion houses.

I think it’s a good collection! The set was a bit annoying and the presentation was far from enjoyable while watching it but the collection is good.

This is not a collection that will inform fashion. It’s not a statement. It’s probably one of those collections that people will forget about but it’s good enough.

There’s a consistency, an intricacy in terms of ideas that is good.

When I first saw the first few dresses, I though about Nicolas’s SS2017 collection! The dresses in that show, inspired by Alaia and Gianni seems to have informed the ones on this show.

I think the more commercial pieces here are fantastic. JWA is a great commercial designer!
The two coats with gold buttons (see that’s how you do tasteful modern gold buttons Peter Hawkings!), the shearling jacket, the fur anorak worn with the white pants! That fur is more fabulous than any fur Kim Jones has ever done!

Well done!
Paris is delivering!

The most beautiful looks were the commercial ones and less complicated ones. It is indeed a good collection! I am a bit less into the printed looks and more toward the "simple" ones this time.

Wait a minute... Is that a turnip printed on a dress?! 🤩
The dresses and prints are my favourite in this collection, I like that blob thingy on the shoulder.

Some beautiful things here and there, some good design… but with Loewe I feel like with Balenciaga 3 or 4 years ago. It’s dying because of its own fame.

I think it’s too studied and heavy, too “intelectual”. It feels kind of old.

That said, it’s a good collection and feels a little bit less “pretentious” than usual.

I though about Nicolas’s SS2017 collection!

To start with, going to say I opened the show and looked at first couple of looks, and instantly thought they are very Ghesquière and right away thought of Lola, haha.

I loved this, but it is not a secret I am a fan of his work, at least a lot of it, except when he goes too queer or weird.

Personally, this is a great fashion collection. Fashion with a capital F, it is not too conceptual this time, there is not as much statement to it, but it is very heavy on other designers and previous fashions references. This is definitely an ode to fashion itself, unapologetically stylish. I imagine this working well for fashion lovers and editorials especially.

This collection has drops of Prada, Dries, Haider Ackermann, even bits of CDG, outside of the obvious Ghesquiere’s LV. This is a quiet one and not for the shock, but I think it will go down as a very good show in terms of pure fashion appeal and product offering. Also, it is very true to JW and Loewe, a lot of his own earlier Loewe references as well.

Bravo, this is a very good collection. This season so far is very good, so many excellent shows despite occasional disasters. But at the core, this is where JWA stands: he is not as crazy as CDG, not as smart as Miuccia, but I think he fills the gap between these two very well. He lasted for many years now, and with each year Loewe became bigger, just last year it became a huge success once again.

I know he is controversial and so is his fashion, but with what he has done to Loewe and fashion for years, he is up there with Nicolas, Sarah, Alessandro and etc., I don’t think his impact is debatable really.

The color palette and the prints are delicious! The tailoring impeccable and it all brings joy to winter! The clash on look 11 and also look 17 are truly good but this dress on look 28 is fabulous!

Hmm…this one feels a bit like a miss. It feels deflated and unsure. I almost think this collection, with the departure of Adrian, is a sign that things need to be switched up at Loewe - these Duchampian collections have been hits and have been memorable, but at a certain point, the jokes aren’t going to be funny anymore.

He started Loewe with something very “Spanish,” then moved into a very crafty phase, and then the last several years have been so arty…what’s next?

For me his best Loewe collection will always be FW2016. It was a different time for the brand. It was still quite confidential and far from the buzz fest it has become!
That collection and the vision of women it portrayed is still unmatched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->