Longchamp F/W 2018.19 : Kendall Jenner by David Sims

It's time for her to change this hairstyle now. She only did it to book Vogue and since said edition no longer support her, may as well grow it out. I like the first and last shots. Longchamp seems to have finally moved on from Alexa which I didn't think possible.

It seems whoever is mapping out Kendall's modelling strategy (Kris!) seems more concerned with securing massive brands like La Perla and Longchamp who pays big bucks so that she can just get richer. Although I'm not sure working for these brands will guarantee longevity in the fashion industry, which is in fact needed for her to continue working as a model (even in the vaguest sense.). Her runway work is almost non-existent, same for campaigns, and she almost only book Vogue covers as a celeb model. The sad part is that the opportunities were there for Kendall to rival Gigi and Bella in the HF scene. She had Marc, Anna, Karl, Katie, Sims, Aerin, Russell, that's a lot of backers. It seems Kim's association did her more harm than good.

You can see improvements on her models skills, but now its too late. At this point her image is too tired for a 'turning over' on her career. Kris can put all the money in the world on Kendall, she might keep booking major campaigns, but respect as model... I dont think so.

I was actually really happy for Kendall when fashion started shoving her down our throats. I remember watching their show and she really was always talking about modeling, I’m glad she got to experience that. But I just can’t get into her as a model, she brings nothing. I honestly would rather they use a mannequin and just have a really good art direction. She’s just boring, not expressive, it’s not enough to be thin, cool, pretty and rich... However, I don’t think Kim hurt her career, I think she scored her more jobs than she would have booked on her own. Longchamp ads are always boring to me, but this one takes the cake thanks to Kendall. Sims couldn’t even save this one.

Her Elle cover was a one hit wonder. She’s had her moment, can we move on please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->