Louis Vuitton Cruise 2025 Barcelona

I liked this collection, but I would've appreciated it more if MAS had a less heavy-handed approach to styling. The 80s silhouettes with the 80s styling and makeup was a bit too much at times.

Congratulations on the standing ovation though.

I only liked Mona’s look. Everything else was tacky and heavy-handed for me

Fantastic soundtrack!
I love the dramatic allure of the opening looks, very Serge Lutens meets Carmen Sandiego lol.

For some reason, giving that it’s his first time showing in Spain, I was expecting some Balenciaga references. Some of the beige tailoring echoed that like the little vareuse opening the show or the coat dress with white collar.

I loved the oversized blouson dress in ostrich, the little black sleeveless dress that came after with the dramatic collar, the simple black jumpsuit and the B&W look after. Very simple, fluid and timeless. While I loved the dramatic tops, I was less convinced by the jodhpur of the « Dune » part that reminded me too much of the San Diego resort.

I think the black and white lace fitted dress was horrible and unflattering!!

Nevertheless, some fabulous jackets and coats. The minidresses that echoed the resort at the museum where Jacquemus showed too were cute.

The best moments were definitely for me the tulle plissé dress (very unexpected for Nicolas), the big voluminous white hooded coat worn with the black shiny boots that looked like a vision of beauty and restrain and of course, the piece I’m ready to risk it all for: the black fringed minidress!

I hate taffetas-like with a passion but in miniskirts, it’s working! The same cannot be said about taffetas jodhpur pants.

Overall, another good collection. It seems like Nicolas is in his « reworking his classic » era. While the styling was always very OTT, the pieces were easy to read as MAS didn’t went crazy on the layering. The set was fabulous but confusing for models but the bags…I barely paid attention to them!

I really enjoyed it. Not as precise and directional as the recent Shanghai show, but still miles ahead compared to what else is out there.

The overtly 80s styling tricks are really unnecessary. His designs already carry the 80s futurism tone, the styling makes the clothes feel somewhat dated.

After first half it needed again more restrain and letting the looks breath more in between, but the fabric manipulation is HC level.

I wished less cocoon balenciaga i understand we are in Spain but it makes it outdated, seeing it so often between looks and other past shows , would have made it stronger to have more his pure LV silhouette´s without his past with Balenciaga keep returning.

The spanish 80´s flamingo meets socialite ladies/Infanta vibe meets 80´s ungaro/serge and brutality of Goya painting and Velazquez
(i believe if not mistaken) for the drapery he did before i don't mind, but again would have been more modern to build a dose of reality coolness in to the clothes and styling , but i will give up now hopping for this in the next 5 years of NG ´s LV.

I do think it will be crucial to make a more clear LV vision as next chapter as now there is so much mixing its becomes not clear what LV is, like the final years of Alessandro at Gucci vibe of overkill.(i don't mean go minimal at all just a clear chapter for each season that fits in a total story.)

I think Nicolas is probably the only one CD of a major fashion house who is having such a strong pov and vast imagination which allows him to bled his aesthetics into different meta-narratives. Great show, great accessories. He saved the day (again)!

I enjoyed it a lot! It was excess, very much close to the 80s. You can sense the Spanish references being mixed up with NG's taste.

For me, he really managed to establish a precise silhouette for the LV women and just playing with fabrics, colours etc now and I love it : a real exercise of style.

I don't like everything and glad that again he made me question what I consider good and bad. Lately I hate everything too clean, too "well-done".

Thank you @vogue28 as always for posting pics. Because his Vuitton shows are always so such bloated excess of pure boredom to watch: Nothing more than LVMH flexing their power and wealth but not a single whiff of creativity in presentation: It’s the Donald Trump of fashion shows. Designwise, he’s starting to turn into the Rodarte duo: just overwrought, tiresome excess of 80s tackiness, and further burdened by the desperate styling of MAS. Whatever solid separates there are, are drowned out by the engulfing gaudiness that's come to represent his Vegas-fashion sensibility. But what does it matter, when the fashions shown here are simply going to be watered down to basics once in the stores. The best I can conjure is at least everything looks well-made...

(No doubt Julienne will be eagerly picking up these scraps for his Rabanne LOL)

What struck me the most about the show is how f***** rich Jean Arnault looks, lmao. I love him. :lol:

The show was acceptable but too heavy sometimes... I wish we could see a lighter Ghesquière, less 80s inspired. Anyways, cute construction details here and there, good technique as always... But somehow his LV shows are a little bit soulless, they don't have the fashion aura. It's hard to explain, it's like they are created without passion, like done by a team inspired in Ghesquière but without him being present. IDK.

As a spaniard, I don´t get what this has to do with a modern city as Barcelona...this look like a trip to a cheap Sevilla souvenir shop.

Also the 80s overdose makes it feel like Olivier Rousteing hijacked Nico´s brain to create some of the monstrosities shown here.

Too much collections in a very short time. Last one (Shangai) feels like it was shown yesterday. Now, a month later, we have another one.
I think it would be better if Nico stopped making clothes for people on holidays...and instead have some holidays for himself. He needs it ASAP!

This was so disappointing TBH. I had high expectations when I saw the location being announced, and expected a lot more colour and vibrance given that it was being shown in an environment designed by Gaudi. Why was it so monotone? Also when will his obsession with the 80s be done because it's getting so repetitive and boring at this point.

I must echo what @jeanclaude writes too : what does this have to do with Barcelona, let alone Spain? It's like he just wanted to show at Park Güell because it would be a very buzzy and social-media perfect location, but did nothing at all to interpret the history or the environs of the actual place and its designer. He could have at least paid tribute to Catalan Modernism in some way?

Hmmmm trying to mental gymnastics justifying the first few looks bc I want him to pick me. But in all srsness I really like the way he repeats the silhouette of the simple top high volume skirt 🤷‍♂️

The look on Mona and some of the balloon like volumes reminds me of Romeo Gigli, and some of the tailoring echoes Rifat Ozbek just a tad. Shame that the 80s of it all has once again taken over too much. I hate those hats as well. With those flat shaped collars and dark lips I find it makes things look really 2-dimensional.

That lace dress is an eye sore as well. Probably should have been made as a two-piece/coord with the top having more cropped proportions. The waist in white is just so unflattering.

I am finding this too over saturated. But we also just had the pre-fall collection in Shanghai not that long ago...

Couldn't stop thinking about fall/winter 2023 while seeing the looks. But here the black looks feel different. It's sexier. I mean this dress is a total killer. I wish there was more black.

Not mean to be rude but is this a male? I think Nicolas is dying to design menswear, he can't keep himself from doing men's looks. lol

And Nicolas looks good too. Total daddy. I want to see him wearing his own men's.

I think Nicolas is probably the only one CD of a major fashion house who is having such a strong pov and vast imagination which allows him to bled his aesthetics into different meta-narratives. Great show, great accessories. He saved the day (again)!
Well worded and correct even though it's not really something I am into, his look. but it is well made and he brings in different types of interesting people as customers. He has limitless ideas as it seems even though some of the ideas can be a rather ugly . I really think he's one of those designers that sit down with pencil and paper and just sketch like Karl lagerfeld used to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HigthaVandah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->