Louis Vuitton Damier Line

sacksfiend

Reaction score
Hi! Newbie here! I want to get a new LV Damier, but have budget of ~$500, any tips? I want something that's not too small, so Navona's out. Who has the Damier Papillon? Is it worth it? Please help, Muchos Thanks! :lol:

I have Damier Papillon 30, it's one of my favorite favorite bags :heart:
I don't like the smaller sized Papillons, though, I just feel that they don't have the "Papillon" feeling :rolleyes: ----if you know what I mean :lol:

you can buy the damier ribera mini..but you have to pay a little bit more though. it's worthed. it's nice, unique and roomy. you can fit your purse, cell phone, lipstick..pretty much your needs. :woot:

The Damier Papillon is very cute :innocent: But I think the Ribera MM is a little bit more practical. If you wish you can also make a special order and L.V can make the Alma model in Damier. I did that and use it almost everyday. I also appreciate that my bag is rather unusual.

p10022705_ph_detail_01.jpg

hey Gobi! i just ordered the alma in damier canvas! i'm so excited! i should have it within a month!

i also have the papillon 30...i couldn't resist the mini papillon tucked inside =D

i'm also thinking of getting the nolita bag. it's a little on the big side, but when i put it side by side with the nolita 24 i don't feel it's too big, hehe =D

otherwise, LV will make just about any style they have in any print or fabric they have. except the speedy...they can't make that in damier b/c in the process of making it, something weird happens to the fabric. =(

the only downside is...ppl always look at special order bags and think they KNOW that they're fake. BLAH.

Originally posted by couturefemme@Dec 15th, 2003 - 10:44 pm
hey Gobi! i just ordered the alma in damier canvas! i'm so excited! i should have it within a month!

i also have the papillon 30...i couldn't resist the mini papillon tucked inside =D

i'm also thinking of getting the nolita bag. it's a little on the big side, but when i put it side by side with the nolita 24 i don't feel it's too big, hehe =D

otherwise, LV will make just about any style they have in any print or fabric they have. except the speedy...they can't make that in damier b/c in the process of making it, something weird happens to the fabric. =(

the only downside is...ppl always look at special order bags and think they KNOW that they're fake. BLAH.
Hi couturefemme,

You will love your Alma bag, it's versatile and looks stylish all the time with anything :P Yeah i know a lot of people think that that your L.V special order bags are fake. That even happened to me in my local L.V store, the SA couldn't see what it was first :lol: Right now I'm thinking of ordering the Keepall bag in damier canvas, have to call and see if it's possible? Are you happy with your Papillon 30 and did you get it in Damier or the classic monogram?

Gobi:

hmm...i'm not exactly NEW to fs, but i still don't know how to reply directly to you. sorry! but, i have the papillon 30 in mono canvas...i KIND of regret it, but not really too much because i DID buy it afterall. =D i would LOVE the keepall in damier, but when i asked, my SA advised me to get the nolita 24. BOO. not a good answer. hehe, hope you have better luck, keep me posted!

Originally posted by Gobi@Dec 14th, 2003 - 4:52 am
The Damier Papillon is very cute :innocent: But I think the Ribera MM is a little bit more practical. If you wish you can also make a special order and L.V can make the Alma model in Damier. I did that and use it almost everyday. I also appreciate that my bag is rather unusual.

p10022705_ph_detail_01.jpg
I think LV now has ALMA in Damier, so no special order is needed anymore.
it's a beautiful bag!

misspurple,

you are so right! i saw them today. and i just ordered one 2 wks ago!! ugh.

Originally posted by couturefemme@Dec 21st, 2003 - 12:44 am
misspurple,

you are so right! i saw them today. and i just ordered one 2 wks ago!! ugh.
ALMA in Damier is lovely.
enjoy your bag! :wink:

DamierGeantLogo.jpg

Hi all,
I am in LOVE with the Louis Vuitton Damier Géant line, and I'm wondering if any of you has info on release dates, prices, etc.
I am mostly interested in the MESSAGER.

I'll be in a Louis Vuitton store on tuesday, but I'd like to have just a little more info :wink:.

Edit: I just found out it'll be released in March :blush:

Attachments

• DamierGeantMessager.jpg
    DamierGeantMessager.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
BrothaG,

The worldwide release date is in March but many Vuitton Global Stores like the ones in New York (Fifth Avenue) and Chicago have already received Damier Geant pieces.

The collection is rather pricey for what it is. I don't know an exact price but I'd assume the messenger is close to $1000. You should call 866.Vuitton to get an exact quote.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 12:08 pm
BrothaG,

The worldwide release date is in March but many Vuitton Global Stores like the ones in New York (Fifth Avenue) and Chicago have already received Damier Geant pieces.

The collection is rather pricey for what it is. I don't know an exact price but I'd assume the messenger is close to $1000. You should call 866.Vuitton to get an exact quote.
Thank you chickonspeed! :flower:

That's a little pricey indeed! Around $1000 for that 'simple' bag is really overpriced.

I cannot call the Vuitton number since I do not live in the US, but I'll ask for the exact price at the Vuitton store this tuesday :wink:.

The salesman at Louis Vuitton was rather mysterious.
When I asked her for prices and release dates of the line, she told me she had heard some of the prices, but she had to keep them private.
However, she expected the collection to be available in about 2 weeks.

Oh well, I guess she didn't want me and others to faint of the high prices :innocent: .

I thought I liked that messenger bag when I first saw it, but then I became unsure....I really don't know :lol:

Originally posted by MissPurple@Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:17 am
I thought I liked that messenger bag when I first saw it, but then I became unsure....I really don't know :lol:
I like it, however I'm not too keen of the large "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS"-logo, so I'd have to buy the earth-colored version to make sure it's not too showy :wink:

Originally posted by BrothaG+Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:20 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BrothaG @ Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:20 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:17 am
I thought I liked that messenger bag when I first saw it, but then I became unsure....I really don't know  :lol:
I like it, however I'm not too keen of the large "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS"-logo, so I'd have to buy the earth-colored version to make sure it's not too showy :wink: [/b][/quote]
it's exactly the large LOUIS VUITTON PARIS that bothers me :ninja:
sort of cheap looking, IMO.

it reminds me of a Hello Kitty messenger bag which says HELLO KITTY on there.....or let's say a bag that has large GAP print or something :ninja:

Originally posted by MissPurple+Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:25 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:25 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by BrothaG@Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:20 am
<!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple
@Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:17 am
I thought I liked that messenger bag when I first saw it, but then I became unsure....I really don't know  :lol:

I like it, however I'm not too keen of the large "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS"-logo, so I'd have to buy the earth-colored version to make sure it's not too showy :wink:
it's exactly the large LOUIS VUITTON PARIS that bothers me :ninja:
sort of cheap looking, IMO.

it reminds me of a Hello Kitty messenger bag which says HELLO KITTY on there.....or let's say a bag that has large GAP print or something :ninja: [/b][/quote]
Yeah, and I'm affraid there will be a LOT of fakes around very soon.. :unsure:

I guess I'll just wait a couple of weeks/months and look around for prices and re-consider if I really want to spend my money on that bag.

By the way, the LOUIS VUITTON PARIS could have better been replaced by a medium-sized "LV", in my opinion.

The prices are as follows:

Souverain - 1320
Pionnier - 1160
Aventurier - 1230
Messager - 1120
Citadin - 950
Compagnon - 950
Conquerant - 2370
Mage - 925

I didn't get the price for the Sac golf b/c I didn't want the bag...
I too want ALL of the collection! I loved the LV Cup 2003 design so I have to have this!

I'd like this collection much better if the Damier logo were small. But then I guess it wouldn't be called Damier Geant! :lol: I just never liked the idea of huge logos that you can spot from two miles away. And something about these bags makes them look a little cheap. Like some basic messenger you'd pick up at Banana Republic or something. It doesn't look like something from one of the world's foremost luxury brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->