Louis Vuitton F/W 2017.18 by Bruce Weber

LOL @ the Drew Barrymore comment
Collection was so bad not even a Meisel epic ad campaign could save it
I love Riley and I think she's very talented but hairdo do not suit her at all
As for Jaden...wasn't Kendull Jenner enough as nepotism? At least her sister got ONLY 1 Chanel eyewear campaign

Also isn't it kind of sad that these huge brands must rely on teen stars in order to increase sells and stay relevant in the instagram world?
Riley Keough, Sophie Turner, Jaden Smith...I would expect someone else for an iconic brand like LV or CHANEL

Wow, that Santiago guy is hot! Who is he? I see on his Insta that he's friends with Nicholas? Bit weird.

I'll wait for the models.

Major EW. Looks like a campaign for a cheap designer who does gowns that don't retail for more than 400 $...

A better shot of Sophie and Santiago.

Yeah he's ridiculously handsome, reminds me a bit of Baptiste.

I'm really loving Sophie here, she's over posing a bit too much but homegirl is making sure you get a good look at the bag, shoes, dress and jewelry. Plus she's just gorgeous though I prefer her with her auburn hair.

I'm glad a big house finally picked her up. A bit of a shame that it's LV since not everything of theirs can be flattering given how they style it, but so far whatever they have thrown at her, she's made it work. I'm sure she's getting a pretty penny as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why when it comes to judge a campaign, if it's a bad one, the responsability it's all on the photographer no matter what. The Photographers job is not to save campaigns, but represent what's behind. Behind there's a choice to follow a certain direction from the brand and the creative director, then the cast and styling to follow. If any of these it's not done properly and it's lacking somehow, the upstream choices can impact on the final result.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reasons, i'm kinda attracted by the fact that Nicolas is pushing his womenswear for men. For years, i've been admirative of the few men who were brave enough to wear what he did for Balenciaga.
Now that his collections are more and more androgynous, i find it great that he use men on his campaigns.

They almost sell the clothes better than the women.

Sophie and riley are beautiful young girls.But they look like haggard 40's woman in this ad.The stylist suck.

I actually like the casting, it's just the collection and the styling that's awful. Riley and especially Jaden are no less compelling to look at, I think, than most models. But it's really hard to make this sh!t look good and no one's really succeeding. I just looked at the ads a minute ago and now, without looking back, I can't even remember what they were wearing. Not a good sign.

whats happening with Nicolas? all this look messy and too simple

such a basic campaign..not super bad but just very plain boring..but the good thing is two of those guys are super handsome and major eye candies.

I'm hoping the shot with Catherine is cropped, because it doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the images released so far. Very random, he seems to be following the Givenchy recipe.

It was about time for Queen Deneuve to appear in a Ghesquiere-related campaign. She makes more sense to me than Sophie Turner...
I like the image, i love her being in her thrid Vuitton campaign and i love that she is in the campaign of her favorite designer.

I quite like all the individual shots so far...I'm waiting for the whole thing.

I just don't get the brand anymore under Ghesquiere.

It always feel like the shows are so serious, the collections are so heavy, and then the ad campaigns are so cheese with Bruce...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->