Louis Vuitton F/W 2017.18 by Bruce Weber

^^
To be honest, even at Balenciaga, the campaigns were weird and sometimes unappealing. Yes, the I&V and the beginning of the David Sims era was great but from the last few years of Sims and the whole Meisel era, it was very hits/misses.
The thing is that it was weird, sometimes pretentious but always coherent to the brand. Meisel took some risks and people were fine with it because it was Balenciaga and because the collections were great.

At Balenciaga, i feel like the goal was to make an impact, a statement for the season and at Vuitton, it's just to be commercial. But yes, this is commercial in the most cheesy way possible.
I don't understand it even more because the styling never change.

New Campaign Images:

PHOTOS TAKEN BY VOGUE28 FROM UK HARPER'S BAZAAR AUGUST 2017

I like the group image, although it's a little bit random and not aided by Sora Choi holding up that necklace like a dredged up piece of snot..."look what I have here?"

That girl laying on the ground looks absolutely terrible.
Alexandra however :wub:

Thanks for the snaps :flower:

The group shot kinda works but if you look at every girl individually they don't look good, except Alexandra who is absolutely gorgeous.
Still very happy to see Sora (even if her pose here doesn't convince me). That's her third campaign for LV in a row, great to see the team being so loyal to her.

I honestly thought it was Jamie Dornan in that shot with Catherine Deneuve!

I think the series thing started well but it's getting extremely boring now.

Who is the girl lying on the floor?? God-awful expression.
I actually think with a trimming of 1 or 2 girls, and an adjusted composition, this shot could work. But Bruce Weber have no concept of that, so this is what we're stuck with. I don't even think he's giving these campaign much thought.

Who is the girl lying on the floor?? God-awful expression.
I actually think with a trimming of 1 or 2 girls, and an adjusted composition, this shot could work. But Bruce Weber have no concept of that, so this is what we're stuck with. I don't even think he's giving these campaign much thought.

Mariam De Vinzelle :smile:

Full cast of models: Theresa Hayes, Hoyeon Jung, Natalie Westling, Masha Skokova, Alexandra Micu, Sora Choi, Sarah Dahl, Atty Mitchell, Janaye Furman, Mariam de Vinzelle and Santiago Robledo

Louis Vuitton Series 7 Campaign

Photographer: Bruce Weber
Stylist: Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Make-Up Artist: James Karliados
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Talents: Catherine Deneuve, Sophie Turner, Jaden Smith and Riley Keough
Models: Theresa Hayes, Hoyeon Jung, Natalie Westling, Masha Skokova, Alexandra Micu, Sora Choi, Sarah Dahl, Atty Mitchell, Janaye Furman, Mariam de Vinzelle and Santiago Robledo​

Last edited by a moderator:
But Bruce Weber have no concept of that, so this is what we're stuck with. I don't even think he's giving these campaign much thought.

I totally agree. Weber is a good photographer, don't get me wrong, but i feel like the whole thing with him is only dictated by location.
The only thing that change at Vuitton and Versace is the location. He doesn't seem to be interested in showing a special vision of women or men. They are just there...Posing. That's it.

BUT, i'm liking this campaign more than the previous campaigns. Some pics could have been more inspired and mroe adventurous with the shadows and lights but i'm liking this more and more. Jaden is really convincing as a male muse for Vuitton womenswear.

I really hate the styling of the show and i wish MAS changed it but i'll do with it.

Santiago Robledo and Kevin Mischel steal the show for me. Good move by Nicolas to add them in this campaign :lol:

Far too jumbled up..if they insist on having both models and celebrities they need to narrow down the numbers, choose those that can actually deliver in the images (e.g. Alexandra) and stick with it. Getting a different photographer and concept would be a drastic improvement too.

Can't believe there is no Rianne. :cry:

Can't believe there is no Rianne. :cry:

Rianne had a leg injury and stopped working for a while. That might be a reason she couldn't make it even if they wanted her.

The lighting is so harsh. It looks very amateurish, especially on Catherine's shot.

I love Hoyeon Jung here!! Stunning! Waiting to see the pictures with Sarah & Masha.

Rianne had a leg injury and stopped working for a while. That might be a reason she couldn't make it even if they wanted her.

Her accident happened after the shoot in Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"