Louis Vuitton F/W 2019.20 by Collier Schorr

That moment when you realize the Jaden Smith ad is no longer the worst Louis Vuitton campaign
07UNBUTTONED---WEB-articleLarge-v2.jpg

new york times

^^God!

Revisiting that moment makes me realize how much of Nicolas’ entire LV tenure has been mostly clunkers.

Truth to be told...Nicolas has never been that great with campaigns. Early Balenciaga campaigns were great but it went Hits/Misses in the late 00’s.

What saved it was the choice of photographers: Sims, I&V and Meisel. As soon as he got too much money, he went mad and did the pretentious Series of his early Vuitton days.

Terrible campaign to match an equally terrible collection. The clothes are so heavily over-designed they border on costume. Overall LV has become a bad 80s parody.

Some shots are solid. Collier can conjure a 2-3 solid shots from a session of likely several thousand frames. That’s the best one can expect from such a mediocre talent lucky enough to have been at the right place/right time for the female gaze gimmick— I mean, movement.

The ad placement in VP’s August issue is surprisingly solid as a spread. Has impact and presence, with a sharp composition. I’d never thought I see and say that about a LV campaign— let alone one by Collier… But it’s more likely because the other ads from Prada, Gucci, Fendi, Miu Miu, Armani are all so offensively dull, Collier’s LV is the only image resembling someone making an effort.

Awful campaign, awful casting for an awful collection. Full circle.

Ok. The video is fun but the photos are horrible. This collection is one of the worst I've ever seen. Every single outfit is so ugly. We don't need 80's anymore. It has been done so many times already.

Harper's Bazaar UK September 2019 Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->