Louis Vuitton Handbag Questions (December 2003 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to buy a Damier Ebene Canvas Speedy 30, but I would like to have a shoulder strap to it. So i looked around at the site of Louis Vuitton and found an "Adjustable Shoulder Strap" under Clutches > Damier Ebene Canvas, it is possible to attach it on a Speedy? I cannot see that it have these "special rings."

You can attach the strap to the hooks connecting the handles to the bag. I have seen people wearing the bag with a shoulder strap, like a messenger. It's quite cute!

Hi all.. so I'm so excited because I just bought a Damier Speedy 30 brand new for $575 including shipping...

I tried to authenticate on the other forum but no response yet.

Do you all mind looking at it for me? http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&campid=5335828332&toolid=10001&customid=USlink&mpre=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300449166334&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

The seller looks good as she has sold previous LVs but again I'm wary of buying fakes on ebay. But then again I saved 200-300 so I hope I did not get faked out.. thanks!

^^ for me it looks like a real lv - it is symmetrical, and i cant see any differences with my speedy. + the green ribbon, it was used for packing in LV stores, as i remember for this christmas - i`m not sure, but they used it 100%.

THANKS SO MUCH ANUTKA! KARMA :smile:
No one has responded to me so I was getting worried but you cleared that up for me!

In other news.. I want the Trevi PM and the Palermo PM. Which do you guys like better?

PinkPrincess113 You`re welcome))) Hope you`ll like your new speedy)))
And if to speak about trevi and palermo...i like palermo much more than trevi, I love its shape. Trevi looks a little bit boring for me, especially when you have damier speedy made of the same canvas with brown skin handles. And i love the idea that it`s possible to wear palermo on the shoulder.

I've searched back through this thread a bit but can anyone tell me any information on the matte leather speedy? I've seen them worn in pictures from time to time but I never seem to be able to find out what collection they are from or their price - I'm pretty sure they weren't part of the Sofia Coppola collaboration but perhaps I'm wrong? I love the look of the kind of box leather they seem to be made out of - I'm not talking about the epi leather. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'll try to find pics...

Meg: Are you referring to the Nomade line? They used to do that line in Speedies as well as Keepalls. I think the only styles available at the moment are the Alma, and two sizes of the Lockit. I hope that they reintroduce the Speedy in the Nomade leather because it's a beautiful bag. I tried to search for a photo but all I came up with was replica sites. There is a thread on TPF though I'm pretty sure.

Guys, does smb of you have Brea PM in mono vernis? Is it wearable enough? I mean isn`t it too small inside? And anyway - what is your opinion about this bag?
I can`t choose between neverfull and brea. Love brea, but neverfull is so usefull.

shelleybean - thank you! After further searching I did indeed think it was the Nomade line but like you said, they seem to no longer produce the speedy in that leather and when I googled it, like you I came up with a bunch of fake sites. I may head over to TPF and see what they say though. Thanks!

eta: After a little bit of research it seems like it could be the vachetta speedy. both are a kind of box or smooth matte leather. So gorgeous but the price on them is much higher than the regular speedy. I was looking at LV bags today in the basic monogram and was shocked at how low they were! I mean, of course they aren't cheap, but it was only around 400 pounds for a speedy 30 in the monogram? Anyway, it seems the nomade speedy will be about $2600 USD which is too steep for what it is....

Last edited by a moderator:
they are re-releasing the nomade speedy at the moment - some stores have them and for awhile you could special order them in the Nomade but they were very expensive to special order (from what I read) - somewhere circa 6k-8k which is ridiculous.

well, Nomade IS kinda their prestige leather. it's virtually monogram free, except for a small one in the right bottom corner, very fragile (scratches rather easily) and absolutely gorgeous.

it has also been around for ages...

I have no arguments against the nomade leather, but 6-8k (if that figure is correct) for a special order bag of a relatively small size is ridiculous considering a Birkin or Kelly is around there. Anyway, as they are re-releasing it, I think I read the figure for the Nomade Speedy will be around 2400-2600 USD?

I think you can still get a nomade speedy on the Japanese LV website...saw when I was browsing it a few months back.

D A N A: That bag is from the Conte deFees line. I think it came out in 2002. I think it's called the Conte de Fees limited-edition mushroom appliquéd pochette? The one you posted is a limited edition, was only available in France & Japan and is extremely rare. Designed by Marc Jacobs and Julie Verhoeven.

OMG I remember that line from when I was little and used to be glued to my mom's vogue magazines! Was it that long ago? :woot:

Hey girls- I'm craving my next LV already.. I want a mono galliera PM. Does anyone think this bag is too big? They look huge next to the speedy in pics. I won't be able to go to the store until next weekend so I'm just curious!

Does anyone know when the new Empreinte Line is launched officially? I thought it was on Nov.1, but there's nothing on their site yet..... or do they have a different launch date for the general public?

I hope someone can help me with a little question.

I was in a second hand clothing store and came across a LV bag that appears to be authentic. I wanted to research it first before I purchased it, so I searched online but I haven't been able to find it anywhere online, which makes me skeptical that it is authentic. It was this bag, but in black and white.

images

Can anyone help me out?

Moderator note: new thread here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Absinthe02