Louis Vuitton Out Or In?

If your looking for something to keep until your...90, get a monogram LV bag otherwise stay clear of them. In my opinion sometimes I think the only reason ppl buy LV is because they don't want to take risks of buying other designer bags... besides gucci, fendi, prada, blah... because they are afraid they will go out of style too fast or they want all their friends to know by buying monogram pieces. Just a thought regarding LV :innocent:

Hermes aren't likely to become yesterday's news anytime soon...

They're pricier than the LV monograms though...

Do the LV monogram canvas bags last very well?

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:23 pm

mine has lasted.... still looks great and in fact i think they get better with age :smile:

I have a few LV monogram canvas bags and they last very long with no signs of wear...except a little on the leather. I think that they are very well made.

Originally posted by beki@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:13 pm
they are always something which will be done then copied to death, and personally arent for me the last ones i really liked were the verhoeven patchwork ones.
:woot: me too, those JulieV. were real brilliant

i also agree on this from beki
generally i would say to avoid monograms, but if you absolutely must buy vuitton then they do make very nice plainer styles

They have always been 'out' for me, if I had to wear one, I'd prefer this:

Originally posted by lele+Jan 2nd, 2004 - 3:21 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Jan 2nd, 2004 - 3:21 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:23 pm

mine has lasted.... still looks great and in fact i think they get better with age :smile: [/b][/quote]
I agree..LV's def. age well..I still carry my mom's monogram speedy which she bought during the 80's..IMO the monogram speedy's(NOT MULTICOLORED ONES!) will forever be a classic.

Almost all the bags in my collection are LVs, I don't know what I'd do if they are out :ninja: , I don't want them to be out! :lol:
haha, ok, seriously, I don't think LVs will ever be out. I don't care how many people are getting them and how many fakes are carried around, as long as I know and love what I'm carrying and appreciate the quality, history, craftsmanship and everything about the bags.
I like Damier, Epi and Suhali better than the Monogram, but I wouldn't say the Monogram ones are "out". yeah they are common, maybe too common, but this doesn't change the fact that they are still very well made classic pieces which will last forever. :flower:

Actually I think some of the monogram canvases are alright... (I think MissPurple put it best :smile: )... but the multicolored are definitely out. I think they're just really tacky now...and I hate how some people see it as some sort of status symbol and carry it only for that reason, without considering whether or not it fits their style of they even truly like it. :ninja:

In doutn like the bags msotly, especially the monogram, but for some reason I absolutely go mad for teh artist collaberation bags, Stephen Sprouse, Julie V, Murkamie , all artists I love :heart: , all did great interpretations of a classic bag and made it exiting and new.

LV has its classic lines and its "limited edition" lines. If anything, you know very well.. anything that will come out as a "limited edition" will have alot of FaKe ones out there.. since the general population wants one as well yet is unwilling to pay for an original.EEk!!! eew~!!!

Thank GOD..I didnt buy the graffitti and the Murakami multi color when it came out (although I was clenching my teeth everytime I saw one pass by me) ! :doh: When I was in ROME this summer, there were tons of Jamaicans walking around Via Condotti selling Murakami's. I don't know how you guys feel about FAKE ones out there but it makes me terribly annoyed! Grrr...

My suggestion is to buy a Suhali.. now that's a keeper! The folks who buy and wear the real and authentic LV's will know what you are all about and to top it off.. there wont be too many knock off's.

If I can't get on the waiting list for a Birkin.. I'm going to get the Suhali L'Ingenieux in Burgandy PM :blink: my friend has one and itssss soooo classy, chic and young-looking coz of the color and shape of the bag. Good LucK~! ^_^

honeydewshops

The classic monogram LV will NEVER go out of style. The epi, the vernis, the mat vernis, the suahili, the limited editions.... will all come and go. But the classic will stay. Fakes WILL be made fo it. Theirs will fall apart and you'll find yourself toting your LV speedy to the senior citizens center in fifty years.

If what you're looking for is a trendy, funky bag that will be hip for a few months then get lost at the back of your closet then look elsewhere (if you have lots of disposable income at your hands then look at the top notch design houses, otherwise consider going to small boutiques in your area or e-shop for more reasonably priced bags that will still stifle your need to have people go, o0o0o cute bag!)

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:18 pm
yeah if i was going for a classic handbag i would prefer hermes any day

and to be honest if i wanted a seasonal "fashion bag" i think i would go with fendi rather than vuitton you are much less likeyly to see it copied and in my oppinion they are nicer bags

Originally posted by beki+Jan 3rd, 2004 - 1:49 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(beki @ Jan 3rd, 2004 - 1:49 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:18 pm
yeah if i was going for a classic handbag i would prefer hermes any day

[/b][/quote]
Hermes: absolut timeless value :heart:

Originally posted by beki@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:08 pm
i would not say out just that personally i dont like to buy items that are going to be everywhere either in their origional state or as a copy. i am also not a fan of monograms, i find it a bit tacky that your clothes must be stamped with a brand as some sort of validation of their status, for me quality and individuality will always speak for itself
THEN WHY WOULD YOU BY TOP NAMED BRANDS

90% OF THEM HAVE THEIR NAME BRAND EVERYWHERE ON THE BAG.

LV WILL ALWAYS BE IN, YA'LL ARE TALKING ABOUT LV!! SO IT MUST BE "IN"

YES I HAVE THE JESSICA SIMPSON PURSE, BUT I GOT IT LAST MARCH, I THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE AND INTERESTING LOOKING, IT CATCHES YOUR EYE.

Originally posted by ashleyms32+Jan 3rd, 2004 - 6:58 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashleyms32 @ Jan 3rd, 2004 - 6:58 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-beki@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:08 pm
i would not say out just that personally i dont like to buy items that are going to be everywhere either in their origional state or as a copy. i am also not a fan of monograms, i find it a bit tacky that your clothes must be stamped with a brand as some sort of validation of their status, for me quality and individuality will always speak for itself
THEN WHY WOULD YOU BY TOP NAMED BRANDS

90% OF THEM HAVE THEIR NAME BRAND EVERYWHERE ON THE BAG.

LV WILL ALWAYS BE IN, YA'LL ARE TALKING ABOUT LV!! SO IT MUST BE "IN"

YES I HAVE THE JESSICA SIMPSON PURSE, BUT I GOT IT LAST MARCH, I THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE AND INTERESTING LOOKING, IT CATCHES YOUR EYE. [/b][/quote]
some people have a problem with liking something the rest of the world seems to have.... i dont like all the cherry blossoms etc etc for myself but even if i did i would not dislike them only because jessica simspson has one - geesh have more confidence in what you like....those newer designers are obviously to jump start sales, change things up a bit and the standards stay around..... just like gucci is doing now.

the classic will remain that as it has for years while else would we be calling it a classic print????

that being said i have learned there is no need to get upset or offended if people say i hate that and you like it..... opinions/choices are what makes the world go round, we have a choice and for every person that hates LV there will be 3 that love them....so i agree with you i love the bags and to me it will always be in style but dont worry about those that disagree.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->