Louis Vuitton S/S 2021 by Nicolas Ghesquière

A total snoozefest, and I just can NOT with how bored and lifeless Naomi Osaka looks.

After showcasing the collection in the magnificent Samaritaine building in Paris, with all those stunning visual effects - we're now subjected to another dull studio campaign photographed by Nicolas. Ghesquière photographing the one campaign during the global pandemic was excusable, but not now.

I like her as the face of Vuitton. I mean, it makes total sense considering the various tennis stars invited to their shows and events.
I actually like her for that collection that was about lightness, movement, a certain idea of athletism...

But the campaign is a mess.
Truth to be told, while I’ve always been a fan of his clothes for Vuitton, his campaigns have always been a mess. Sometimes, it was better but overall, it was a Miss!

Since he started photographing, it’s a whole other level of bore.

Karl is the inspiration? Ok...
But Karl in his early days shot outdoors to give weight to his photos and to downplay his amateurism. And Karl’s campaigns actually became terrible late in his career.

I’m not against designers photographing their own campaigns. I have a problem when the result do not seem to follow the vision of the designer.

This campaign and the one before are dictated by his amateurism...

If a fan cannot give some personality to your photos, it’s a lost cause.
I think about Kate Moss 2004 Chanel campaign and Daria’s FW2006 Chanel campaign...Simple but perfect and it suited Karl’s vision.

+Liu YiFei, Carolyn Murphy, Sophie Turner
2394025A-56F8-4688-8243-3F50AF1711B3.jpeg
Bazaar UK

Carolyn Murphy is an exciting prospect. But let’s see if she can lift his boring and flat photography.

More to come with Emma Stone, Jennifer Connelly & Laura Harrier

EXnX2KTl_o.jpeg
p6mud38a_o.jpeg
7vHQnoCI_o.jpeg
45Wx5DlP_o.jpeg
ZbMsGS6r_o.jpeg

Well at least Laura’s smile is nice.

He made them look so pedestrian, nothing scream luxurious to me.

These look like cataloged photos.
Also, OG campaign aren't a thing anymore? Are these 11 individual bring something that the other 10 aren't?

it’s an absolute snooze fest. with such a huge cast everything ends up flat unfortunately, even if some of the celebrities look good.

for once I don’t mind the styling even if those trousers and maxi belts are all kinds of hideous.

Jennifer looks so radiant. I also wonder when Emma was shot since she does not look pregnant or over-oversized coat is the reason

Can't imagine the ego of a man, who thinks his brief fling into photography is mainline campaign worthy, but then some single-product shots are done by Steven Meisel.

Can't imagine the ego of a man, who thinks his brief fling into photography is mainline campaign worthy, but then some single-product shots are done by Steven Meisel.
Yet investing in something than can bring better sales doesn't look silly. Sometimes you push into recognizable cast, the other times you hire the best models and photographer. Maybe for season campaign they didn't find nessesary to get both.

And compared to any Collier Schorr's campaign after S/S 2018, at least these images are clear but aren't freaking

The only thing I like about this campaign is how some of the girls looks so comfortable and in control of themselves in his clothes!

Jennifer and Laura just makes you want to buy the clothes. Surprisingly, Emma’s portrait is stunning and miss Murphy is always a pleasure to see...

The rest is very gimmicky or hits/misses.

The other man, not Jaden, looks like fashion victim...

He does not have a say...Or barely has a say regarding the decision of working with Meisel for the campaign...

I wish Nicolas could cast Ann-Catherine Lacroix,one of his fav models from 00s. Carolyn Murphy seems a bit....random

Not a fan of the colored borders but I must say I like some of the stuff here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->