Luminous, Dewy and Healthy Looking Makeup

Acid

yes
Reaction score
hey i was just wondering if anyone has tried any of these products and what they think......

benefit moon beam

mac high beam (i think thats what its called)

and clarins flash balm

ive tried moon beam and i love it. it gives me a glow-y look and even if i hadnt had any sleep this stuff makes me look awake. :wink: i havent tried the others though but i think it all depends on what skin tone you have. it works for tan skin like mine but for my friend who is pale it looked different but i dont know i guess its really whatever look you like :P

thanks, i think im gonna get moon beam
its not very expensive either, i just need something for parties where im gonna be photographed to make me look radient

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 8 2004, 06:48 PM
hey i was just wondering if anyone has tried any of these products and what they think......

benefit moon beam

mac high beam (i think thats what its called)

and clarins flash balm
[snapback]325321[/snapback]​
MAC Doesn't make a product called High Beam. They make a glowy moisturizer called Strobe Cream, though.

Personally, my faaaaaavorite highlighter is Prescriptives Sheen Cream in Beam. It's gaw-geous! link to prescriptives sheen cream

I have Dior Luminizer. I love it, it's beautiful:

F088010_270x370.gif

I've use Wet 'n' Wild Face Illuminator and its very similar to the Prescriptives Sheen Cream buts its only $2!

I like Benefit's High Beam (more pink-y). It gives a nice glow to my pale skin. I use it on my browbones and sometimes on my cheek bones.

I have this powdered 24K gold stuff that I mix with some foundation when I wanna look dewy... really amazing stuff

High beam and Moon beam are both fantastic

also check out Armani Fluid Sheer

You know how celebrities on premiers always have this sort of glowy skin?

What products d'you think can achieve this? My skin is beginning to improve with some meds my derm perscribed, so instead of focusing on my acne and stuff like I used to before, I want to return that healthy glow/moisture back!

I remember ages ago when I went to a derm and had some weird dermabrassion like thing or something, she applied this stuff to my face (WHY didn't I find out what it was?!?) that made my skin literally WOW glow..even though it was all red-ish it looked so healthy.. :o

Yeah...so I was wondering if you guys have any secret products to rave about. :innocent: :flower:

4.jpg

Girl on left and Ashley.. :blush:

I would help, give some advice or even name various products that work, but I have no idea how to achieve "glowing, healthy skin". I wish I knew.I would think there's some good face wash, or a mask and then lotion to use....but, I don't know.
Hopefully someone will, cause I'd like to know as well.

I love mandy moore's 'glow' she has. I really like her bronze look.

what i do to *try* to get that healthy glow is i take revlon skin lights, the liquid stuff, and i mix a little bit of irridescent white loose eyeshadow powder with it and put it in a boomerang (nice description, huh?) shape around my eyes-- cheekbone, temple- er, right below it, right above my eyebrows.

avoid matte finishes and go more for dewey, jsut not greasy

try dior skin foundation

i wore some to a party and i look like a wax figure in the photos :lol:

Maybe try some highlighters? eg. Dior skinflash, YSL touche eclat, MAC strobe cream, Becca shimmering skin perfector...?

It's probably not skincare alone :wink:

Eep, the pic didn't work.

Anyway, I'm sure that make up is part of it - but my skin tends to be dry-ish, so it is rather hard to make it actually "glow" :cry: even with really dewy make-up..

Attachments

• backstage_14.jpg
    backstage_14.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 409
Revlon skinlights works for me... with MAC bronzer on my cheekbones... and just drink sh*t loads of water, i actually noticed the difference when i started to drink more water - make up on or off...!

Originally posted by twilight fairy@Oct 15 2004, 07:47 AM
Eep, the pic didn't work.

Anyway, I'm sure that make up is part of it - but my skin tends to be dry-ish, so it is rather hard to make it actually "glow" :cry: even with really dewy make-up..
[snapback]397431[/snapback]​
you get that glow mixing your foundation with a liquid highlighter... Like Lancome`s Fluide Illuminateur, or the Body Shop`s Glow Enhancer. Also add an extra finishing touch to cheeks, bridge of nose and above the eyebrow, areas that naturaly shine if your skin is dewy... :flower:

Originally posted by ELLE_ME@Oct 15 2004, 02:20 PM
you get that glow mixing your foundation with a liquid highlighter... Like Lancome`s Fluide Illuminateur, or the Body Shop`s Glow Enhancer. Also add an extra finishing touch to cheeks, bridge of nose and above the eyebrow, areas that naturaly shine if your skin is dewy... :flower:
[snapback]397874[/snapback]​

Thanks for the tip! I've never used a highlighter before, sounds something that I might wanna try. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->