Luxe attack for China

I think we need to separate HK from China in the discussion..
The article suggests these are the first time these stores have opened but its been forever.. dior, lanvin, etc. have been around for at least 20 years.. and for those collective boutiques faust mentioned - HK has IT, on pedder, etc..

you'd think China would follow the footsteps of HK but it seems their mindset is very different.. I see China expanding these types of boutiques into HK more than the other way around even though HK is way ahead in the shopping dept..

jennifer716 said:
^^ Lena, i'm from hk and i'm interested in reading the article. can you post the url or pm me the article?? thanks :smile:

its a real huge article from wwd and the url wont be much help since it is a subscribtion site.. i'll try to PM you more pages when i get around to it jennifer716

Pinky, if wwd considers HK as a part of the Chinese strategy of the western luxe labels/companies, i have no reason to question this... so, i leave the article here where it belongs :wink:

Uhm... sounds so promising...

can't get to visit the DH boutique next time i'm home.... :woot:

faust said:
/\ Thanks, Lena.

I see a BIG business opportunity here for a LeForm, Atelier, Lift Etage type of a store in two-three years. As more and more Chinese millionaires are produced, they will soon start thinking of how to differentiate themselves. They will naturally turn to "art," which is also booming in China and thus will enrich the "artists," as every countriy's Bourgeoisie has done in the history of the world. The artists will need expensive but more rebellious clothes and that's where the Carpe Diem, CCP, Number Nine, Undercover, etc. come in. Thank me later :D:wink:

Yes, me and raijin have been having discussions lately, bouncing back and forth ideas for the first avant-garde menswear store in HK...call me crazy but I think either one of the two of us is gonna break out with this idea in the next 5-10 years and change the game.

I'm getting stronger feelings about this potential project with each passing day, it must be done!

^ very cool idea... i hope to see that vision carried out... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->