MAC Viva Glam - The Campaign Archive

Alejandro

& R.V
Reaction score
The fifth lipstick in the family, Viva Glam V is joined by five electric spokespeople: Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliott, Linda Evangelista, Boy George and Chloë Sevigny. Plus, for the first time, there's a neutral-shaded pink Viva Glam Lipglass. Every cent of the selling price of Viva Glam Lipstick and Lipglass goes to support the M·A·C AIDS Fund. To date, over $32M has been raised to help people living with HIV and AIDS.

image1.jpg

Christina Aguilera debuted in 1999 with a string of chart-topping singles, including "What a Girl Wants." At 19, she won a Grammy for "Best New Artist." Since, she expanded her horizons with a Grammy-winning Spanish-language album. With her latest, "Stripped," she proves yet again that she has one of the most powerful and resonant voices of her generation.

image2.jpg

Two-time Grammy Award winner Missy Elliott is one of the most influential female artists in contemporary American music. This atypical beauty has nabbed the covers of countless magazines. A daring innovator, she has created an empire on her own terms: as a prolific songwriter and producer, and as the head of her own record label.

image3.jpg

Named one of People magazine's "Most Beautiful People," Linda Evangelista was discovered at a beauty contest when she was 15. Photographer Peter Lindbergh convinced her to cut her hair in 1988, which marked her rise to supermodel status. She soon graced the covers of every major fashion magazine and sashayed down catwalks across the globe. She was the first model inducted in the Canadian Walk of Fame and received a "Lifetime Achievement Award." She is actively involved with charitable work.

image4.jpg

With his striking looks, lyrical tunes and flamboyant personality, Boy George changed the face of pop music in the 1980's. He formed Culture Club in 1982, best known for their single "Karma Chameleon." Today he is a solo singer and a highly sought after DJ. He also wrote and starred in "Taboo," his triumphant autobiographical musical, which opened in London in 2002 and on Broadway in 2003.

awesome pics! Thanks Ale! I'm so glad that they are coming up with a more neutral shade of viva glam. I always stayed away in the past because it was simply too dark for me. Can't wait to see the colors! :woot:

Christina Aguilera, Chloe Sevigny and Linda Evangelista are among the Viva Glam V women for Mac Cosmetics ad campaign in New York

Last edited by a moderator:
Chloe looks amazing! :heart:

ETA:
Are they going to make those shirts commercially available? They look cute (in the ads, at least)

I saw the colors yesterday..... all I can tell you is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

Unlike any other Viva Glam lipstick (or glass!)

Originally posted by mehg@Feb 11th, 2004 - 7:58 pm
Chloe looks amazing! :heart:

ETA:
Are they going to make those shirts commercially available? They look cute (in the ads, at least)
MAC never does that. They'll most likely only be given to staff.

Chloe and Linda looks great! So does the pic of Boy George on the web site! I can't wait to get the new Viva Glam items.

:shock: i really dont like this kind of 80s makeup,
so out of tune with whats hot right now :sick:

some pics from the launch........

Linda

Attachments

• mac_linda.jpg
    mac_linda.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 9
christina

Attachments

• mac_christina.jpg
    mac_christina.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 18
Chloe looks gorgeuos. I like Linda in the campain too.

Originally posted by kmpagp@Feb 11th, 2004 - 10:26 pm
I saw the colors yesterday.....
You mean in their site, because the new Viva Glam V is not available yet, actually, they have a waiting list for the 5th tone...

*edit, Xtina looks like one of those cats in rage :ninja:

Nope - I've actually seen the colors - I'm a MAC artist and they showed the colors to us at Update last week

I don't like the ads at all....

Look what they did to Linda's eyes! :ninja: It's not even near to sexy....

Christina :shock: ! Could they have found a better makeup spokesperson..... She's a makeup victim! Too much stuff on her face at the arrivals of the launch...

the makeup looks fantastic, IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->