Mad Men

I don't think I've ever seen a more perfect ending on a series. I'm in awe.

Sad that it's over but yes, what a great ending.

^ Me too, and i expected to hate the finale ending! But boy was it perfect, just perfect! God i will miss this show, and all those characters!

It was hard trying to avoid spoilers on twitter all week until the UK screening.

What an amazing ending! I admire how brave it was to basically take the main character completely out of his usual setting for the last couple of episodes. And you never see him go back. What other show ends with your protagonist only interacting with the other leading characters over the phone? And how superb were those phone calls? Don called the three most important women in his life: Sally, Betty and Peggy. I found those scenes to be highly emotional, particularly the Betty call, like you guys said.

I was wondering if they were gonna do something with Coke at the end. There were kinda portents leading up, like in the last episode where the motel owner asked Don to fix his Coke machine. But the way Matthew Weiner did it was so clever. And to have the girl at the commune have her hair the same way as the girls in the ad - a wonderful touch.

I will miss this show sooooo much. I could happily watch an Olsen-Harris spin-off but they didn't play it out that way.

The show had ups and downs over its run, but I think way more ups than downs. I recently watched a few of the earlier episodes again. I would probably sit down and watch the whole thing again from the start if my real-life responsibilities didn't get in the way!

We got caught up in the recent finale hype and started watching the show. We powered through the first couple of seasons and are at the end of season 2 already... A week into watching the show :shock: I'm obsessed with it.

^ OMG, Lucky you! Enjoy and savoir each episode, its such a great show. Wish i could watch it all with new eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am re-watching old episodes- I am not ready for it to end :smile: But i was in love with the Finale.

I'm so in love with this show. Don is my fashion icon. Period.

Every episode is exactly the same. Women being sexually harassed and men cheating on their wives.

Good show for streaming. Doesn't make you to binge watch it, but if there is nothing better to do you can always watch one episode more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->