scout-holiday.com

i'll be working with this artist in early summer :blush:
i've seen these up close.. they're super light-weight and feel like foam

numenpostcardfrontkf9.jpg

closeup of one of her pieces --you can really see the recycled paper here

patriciachaunceysmalliekh8.jpg

link to her blog: http://materialwitness.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I can post these here... they are made of papier-mâché...
Gius, feel free to please delete them if they don't. :flower:

all from annwood.net/blog

:crush: ^

papier-mache is paper :P no problem, mary-anne
interesting to see how varied the use of papers can be.. they can look like anything! :heart: :o some of these even look like wood

Emily Morris
01.jpg

I graduated this summer from Leeds college of art and design, england. A attained a BA (first class) degree in printed textiles and surface pattern design. My collection 'Mister Charlesworth' consists of laser cut paper panels featuring imagery of bugs and insects which are transformed into intricate lace-like cut paper designs.

This summer I exhibited the collection at "New Designers", London which resulted in a commissioned piece of work for Chiltern St Studio, London. I produced a series of laser cut paper panels for a window display in the studio. I have also been approached by a boutique in Belfast, Ireland who are interested in showing my work in their store.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

ragandbone

i really can't get over how incredibly amazing some of these creations are! :wub:

the birds and plants in post 107 are so cool..
i feel like i don't even have the words to describe how awesome this stuff is :P

thanks everyone for posting your incredible finds!!

:flower:

Sue Blackwell

01.jpg

magnolia.jpg

Alice.jpg

Wild_Flowers.jpg

These works can be seen as metaphors for language. I use non traditional art materials such as books and clothes to create work which evokes a sense of dreamy melancholy or magical enchantment. I’m interested in the realm of fairy-tales and folk-legends and have been working on a series of book-works exploring these themes and find the materialization of the flat piece of paper an almost magical process.
rag&bone

^ wow! those are amazing! I specially like the middle two, but the table is the one I love the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->