Magazines Stores/Large Newsstands Worldwide & Online

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Alien Sex Friend, Apr 27, 2011.

1. diagonals

diagonals New Member

mag nation in melbourne, australia is seriously the best mag shop ever - and they sell single issues worldwide too. it's a must for people wanting to buy australian fashion mags, definitely.

2. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

Anyone any info about Athens? I've seen one newsstand on Omonia selling some international fashion magazines, can anyone recommend more places?

3. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

Madrid anyone? I have never been to Spain so have no idea!

4. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

After visiting this thread, I could pack up and travel the world on a magazine expedition. Being a regular at the good-old WHSmith and Fenwick here, I can't contribute other places of interest. I do search smaller newsagents for publications like i-D and Love. Although I have found Love around other stores, Tesco Express included. Then when I'm after an international publication I can't find on the stands, I have a local newsagent who's happy to order any magazine available.

Anyone who's traveling, I'd advise to hunt around airports, I've found decent magazines around airports before. I remember one fantastic store at Bodrum airport, although the prices were extortionate.

5. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Speciality food stores often have a tiny magazine stand somewhere on their premises, so your local Polish shop or Asian supermarket can produce all sorts of surprises.

6. Tacita

Tacita New Member

In Argentina, there is this place called York agency where they sell Vogue Italia, but they incresased a lot the last two months, to $70 the magazine.
    Does anybody know where can I get it at a lower price or where can I get older numbers?

7. YoninahAliza

YoninahAliza New Member

Ahh this is the perfect thread! I'm actually going to nyc in a few days hopefully I can get to one of the shops people have recommended. Actually, does anyone know a good one near the Metropolitan Museum (going to see the Alexander McQueen show)?

8. Master Wood

Master Wood New Member

There is an amazing store on Old Compton Street in London that sells every 'fringe' fashion and art magazines you could ever imagine. Stacks and stacks piled to the ceiling. Alternatively Smith's in any of the big national or international train stations and also selfridges. Foyles next to the old Central Saint Martins college and many good agents in East London Shoreditch/Hoxton areas. Whatever you want you can guarantee London will have it.

9. crystaljukebox

crystaljukebox Active Member

This thread name should be changed to "Worldwide" :wink:
    In San Francisco there is Fog City News, which claims to have the largest mag selection in the Bay Area. I've never been, but I plan on going soon :smile:

10. crosidan

crosidan Member

^ I'll be going to either Fog City News or Juicy News on the 13th. I'll report back on their selection.

11. iheartmodels

iheartmodels Guest

I've never really roamed around Boston looking for a good newsstand, but my go to place for the newest issues is the Barnes & Noble @ the Prudential Shopping Center... though lately, they've been lagging behind in updating their inventory. Another place I always stop by is the big newsstand right outside of the T (subway) stop at Harvard Square. One thing I hate about this place is that they charge you more than the listed cover price... usually places around here do not do that... :/

12. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I'd recommend that too, I walked past a Polish store, to be drawn to Anja and husband Sasha's Viva cover.

13. YoninahAliza

YoninahAliza New Member

My mom went to Fog City News when she was in SF a month ago. She said it was quite lovely and had a good selection of magazines (especially fashion/culture mags). It's where she got the newest issue of Lula for me.

14. CrisGalaxy

CrisGalaxy Active Member

If you're in Chicago and want some good international magazines, you should go to the shop at the Museum of Contemporary Art. They have Love, Purple, Acne, Wallpaper*, and other good foreign magazines. But the magazines they sell there are magazines that are only published in English so don't expect to see Numero or Vogue Italia. They also sell fashion and photography books. Just yesterday I bought this David Armstrong book, so theres a lot of good things to buy there.

I'm still wondering if there are any other good places to buy foreign magazines in Chicago, especially asian magazines, anyone know?

15. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

Sherwood Magazines [745 La Cienega Boulevard] in West Hollywood is the best!

16. crosidan

crosidan Member

Juicy News in San Francisco:

Carries the following editions of Vogue: US, UK, Russia, Nippon, Paris, Australia and Italia.

They also carry Arena Homme+, Numéro Homme and Numéro, 10 Magazine (both editions), Acne Paper, Oyster, Russh, Lula, AnOther, UK GQ Style, Bon, i-D, Citizen K, Wonderland, Dansk, W, Interview, V and V Man, Love, POP, Muse, Tank, Under the Influence and a few others.

It's a tiny store so they don't have the most shelf space, they had run out of copies of Bon and i-D by the time I had got there. They did have back issues of Arena Homme+ and Vogue Italia from the past few months. And you can request for the staff to call you when the latest issue of a certain magazine has come in.

17. P i e t r i n n

P i e t r i n n New Member

please tell me where is the best magazines store in New York! I'll be there next week and I'd like to buy a lot of magazines, is Vogue Korea in New York? I really hope it!

#37 P i e t r i n n, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by moderator valleyofthedolls: Aug 22, 2011
  18. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

guys, where in Milan may i find Vogue china and Richardson magazine (i mean this one http://www.richardsonmag.com/ )during milan fashion week? i was looking for vogue china in mondadori huge shop near duomo, but there isn`t chinese editions. any suggestions?

19. Handbag Queen

Handbag Queen Well-Known Member

Seattle actually has a really good newsstand at the Pikes Market near all of the fish...

20. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

^Read All About It at Pike Place

Bulldog News in the U. District is also good.

B&N in downtown Seattle is better than the U. District. I've found Gentlewoman, Russh, etc. there.
    They have a large selection of mags. And the Kinokuniya Bookstore in Uwajimaya is absolutely the best for all Japanese mags. They have some Korean & Chinese mags also.

#40 MissMagAddict, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by moderator Sarahh: Sep 12, 2011