Magazines Stores/Large Newsstands Worldwide & Online

mag nation in melbourne, australia is seriously the best mag shop ever - and they sell single issues worldwide too. it's a must for people wanting to buy australian fashion mags, definitely.

Anyone any info about Athens? I've seen one newsstand on Omonia selling some international fashion magazines, can anyone recommend more places?

Madrid anyone? I have never been to Spain so have no idea!

After visiting this thread, I could pack up and travel the world on a magazine expedition. Being a regular at the good-old WHSmith and Fenwick here, I can't contribute other places of interest. I do search smaller newsagents for publications like i-D and Love. Although I have found Love around other stores, Tesco Express included. Then when I'm after an international publication I can't find on the stands, I have a local newsagent who's happy to order any magazine available.

Anyone who's traveling, I'd advise to hunt around airports, I've found decent magazines around airports before. I remember one fantastic store at Bodrum airport, although the prices were extortionate.

Speciality food stores often have a tiny magazine stand somewhere on their premises, so your local Polish shop or Asian supermarket can produce all sorts of surprises.

In Argentina, there is this place called York agency where they sell Vogue Italia, but they incresased a lot the last two months, to $70 the magazine.
Does anybody know where can I get it at a lower price or where can I get older numbers?

Ahh this is the perfect thread! I'm actually going to nyc in a few days hopefully I can get to one of the shops people have recommended. Actually, does anyone know a good one near the Metropolitan Museum (going to see the Alexander McQueen show)?

There is an amazing store on Old Compton Street in London that sells every 'fringe' fashion and art magazines you could ever imagine. Stacks and stacks piled to the ceiling. Alternatively Smith's in any of the big national or international train stations and also selfridges. Foyles next to the old Central Saint Martins college and many good agents in East London Shoreditch/Hoxton areas. Whatever you want you can guarantee London will have it.

This thread name should be changed to "Worldwide" :wink:
In San Francisco there is Fog City News, which claims to have the largest mag selection in the Bay Area. I've never been, but I plan on going soon :smile:

^ I'll be going to either Fog City News or Juicy News on the 13th. I'll report back on their selection.

wow! amazing thread.. so so helpful!
Does anybody know a good magazine store in Boston besides barnes/noble or borders?
I've never really roamed around Boston looking for a good newsstand, but my go to place for the newest issues is the Barnes & Noble @ the Prudential Shopping Center... though lately, they've been lagging behind in updating their inventory. Another place I always stop by is the big newsstand right outside of the T (subway) stop at Harvard Square. One thing I hate about this place is that they charge you more than the listed cover price... usually places around here do not do that... :/

Speciality food stores often have a tiny magazine stand somewhere on their premises, so your local Polish shop or Asian supermarket can produce all sorts of surprises.

I'd recommend that too, I walked past a Polish store, to be drawn to Anja and husband Sasha's Viva cover.

This thread name should be changed to "Worldwide" :wink:
In San Francisco there is Fog City News, which claims to have the largest mag selection in the Bay Area. I've never been, but I plan on going soon :smile:

My mom went to Fog City News when she was in SF a month ago. She said it was quite lovely and had a good selection of magazines (especially fashion/culture mags). It's where she got the newest issue of Lula for me.

If you're in Chicago and want some good international magazines, you should go to the shop at the Museum of Contemporary Art. They have Love, Purple, Acne, Wallpaper*, and other good foreign magazines. But the magazines they sell there are magazines that are only published in English so don't expect to see Numero or Vogue Italia. They also sell fashion and photography books. Just yesterday I bought this David Armstrong book, so theres a lot of good things to buy there.

I'm still wondering if there are any other good places to buy foreign magazines in Chicago, especially asian magazines, anyone know?

Sherwood Magazines [745 La Cienega Boulevard] in West Hollywood is the best!

Juicy News in San Francisco:

Carries the following editions of Vogue: US, UK, Russia, Nippon, Paris, Australia and Italia.

They also carry Arena Homme+, Numéro Homme and Numéro, 10 Magazine (both editions), Acne Paper, Oyster, Russh, Lula, AnOther, UK GQ Style, Bon, i-D, Citizen K, Wonderland, Dansk, W, Interview, V and V Man, Love, POP, Muse, Tank, Under the Influence and a few others.

It's a tiny store so they don't have the most shelf space, they had run out of copies of Bon and i-D by the time I had got there. They did have back issues of Arena Homme+ and Vogue Italia from the past few months. And you can request for the staff to call you when the latest issue of a certain magazine has come in.

please tell me where is the best magazines store in New York! I'll be there next week and I'd like to buy a lot of magazines, is Vogue Korea in New York? I really hope it!

Last edited by a moderator:
guys, where in Milan may i find Vogue china and Richardson magazine (i mean this one http://www.richardsonmag.com/ )during milan fashion week? i was looking for vogue china in mondadori huge shop near duomo, but there isn`t chinese editions. any suggestions?

has anyone been to Powell's in Portland? they have a rep for the best selection of books but haven't heard about their magazine selection.

as far as Seattle goes the best places i've found for harder to find zines or international editions is the Uwajimaya & the B&N in University Village shopping center but even then they don't carry mags like RUSSH or gentlewoman magazine:cry: and the Pike Place newsstand but i don't get down there very often.

are there any great magazine sellers in Washington i'm missing out on? Tacoma /the south sound blows when it comes to magazine stands.

Seattle actually has a really good newsstand at the Pikes Market near all of the fish...

^Read All About It at Pike Place

Bulldog News in the U. District is also good.

B&N in downtown Seattle is better than the U. District. I've found Gentlewoman, Russh, etc. there.
They have a large selection of mags. And the Kinokuniya Bookstore in Uwajimaya is absolutely the best for all Japanese mags. They have some Korean & Chinese mags also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->