Magazines Stores/Large Newsstands Worldwide & Online

does anyone know any good shops to find reasonably priced back issues in new york city?

Juicy News in San Francisco:

Carries the following editions of Vogue: US, UK, Russia, Nippon, Paris, Australia and Italia.

They also carry Arena Homme+, Numéro Homme and Numéro, 10 Magazine (both editions), Acne Paper, Oyster, Russh, Lula, AnOther, UK GQ Style, Bon, i-D, Citizen K, Wonderland, Dansk, W, Interview, V and V Man, Love, POP, Muse, Tank, Under the Influence and a few others.

It's a tiny store so they don't have the most shelf space, they had run out of copies of Bon and i-D by the time I had got there. They did have back issues of Arena Homme+ and Vogue Italia from the past few months. And you can request for the staff to call you when the latest issue of a certain magazine has come in.

i would also add smoke signals in russian hill...
carry all the same mags, plus the only place to carry the gentlewoman, the last magazine, and industrie...
also a huge selection of interior design mags...

Anyone know of any good fashion mag stores in Toronto?

Chapters/Indigo occasionally carries Vogue UK, but I would love a reliable source for some international Vogues

hey, guys! i need to know about stores and big newsstands in Barcelona/Spain?

some mainstream as international Vogue, interview, and some indie (self service, richardson magazine) and also maybe fresh fashion photo-books (by Rizolli, i need dior haute couture by demarchelier etc)

Any help would be appreciated.

i would also add smoke signals in russian hill...
carry all the same mags, plus the only place to carry the gentlewoman, the last magazine, and industrie...
also a huge selection of interior design mags...

I haven't been there yet but I'll be sure to visit it the next time I'm in the city! Do they markup their prices significantly? When I visited Juicy News, that was the biggest turn-off to shopping there again. Also, have you been to Fog City News?

In Argentina, there is this place called York agency where they sell Vogue Italia, but they incresased a lot the last two months, to $70 the magazine.
Does anybody know where can I get it at a lower price or where can I get older numbers?

Outside Hotel Alvear, there´s a newsstand that carries lots of international mags. Also the newsstand by La Viela in Recoleta.

The newsstand in Cabildo and Juramento in Belgrano (the one in front of the cafe) has a few months old US and Italia Vogues at around 40 pesos.

Some newsstands in Av Libertador near Salguero have Vogue Paris, at around 100 pesos :doh:

If you can, I´d recommend subscribing. I´m thinking of getting a subscription to US Vogue in which case each mag will cost me 25 pesos instead of 80.
I´m currently subscribed to Allure, each mag costs me 13 pesos instead of 80 :D
You can also check mercadolibre.com.ar they sell subscriptions to Vogue Italia for 400 pesos for 12 issues. Though you´ll have to check if they´re reliable...

I bought a Vogue Italia from july i think a few months ago in Scalabrini Ortiz and Santa Fe for 50 pesos. They had a nice collection of vogues
There is another newstand "sobre santa fe" (sorry, I don't know how to say this in english) where I saw a V magazine ages ago, it was the age issue from last year, don't know about the price

If you live in Argentina and you´re interested in old mags, you should check mercadolibre.com.ar. I recently bought 80 mags for 100 pesos! the lot had Vogue US from mid to late 90s, Allure mid 90s, Elle & Harper´s Bazaar US from early 00s among others :smile:

Barcelona- FNAC and newsstands carrying the biggest worldwide titles.
my question about Cote D`Azur- where may i find Dior Couture by Demarchelier (rizolli publishing house) there (some big bookstores or art bookstores?) and several indie mags like industrie , self service? anyone?

Around The World in New York City is simply the best magazine store I've ever been to. It's filled to the brim with fashion magazines new issues as well as a plethora of back issues, and I'm pleased to find that they now have a webpage! The online shop is nothing compared to the store though. If you're looking for a good online shop, Magazine Cafe can't be beat. :wink:

i visited aroundthe world when I wAS in NY couldnt believe the variety! Even issues I had never heard of and the best part is they specialize in fashion magazines!:flower:

btw anyone that happens to visit Nairobi in Kenya might want to check out the news stand by The Stanley Hotel they have a variety

^Thank you.
In Milan there's Mondadori Multicenter (piazza Duomo), they have everything even Chine's Magazines :heart:
In Verona (piazza Bra), they have a plenty of good journals.

^ yes, milan's mondadori is probably the best spot in the city. they have virtually everything and whenever i go and there's a mag with various covers out, they always have all of them (see the dazed & confused 20th anniversary issue w/20 covers).
I also have to add that do you read me in berlin has a back-issues selections too and i've been lucky to find many rare mags there. they also sell online if you mail them and they're very collaborative.

^I know who sell foreign mags is Sanborns, but i don't know what an another store sell these mags.

Around The World in New York City is simply the best magazine store I've ever been to. It's filled to the brim with fashion magazines new issues as well as a plethora of back issues, and I'm pleased to find that they now have a webpage! The online shop is nothing compared to the store though. If you're looking for a good online shop, Magazine Cafe can't be beat. :wink:

VogueParisLover, omg omg THANX:clap::mohawk:

My friend & I JUST left the store on W37 & 7th ave and it was AMAZING:buzz:. It was dizzying how much magazines there were:shock:. Even though I didn't find the mag I was looking for, there was back issues from the 90s. My friend left with a BUNCH to add to his collection so he wants to thank you too:flower:

This thread is great!!!! Loooove to know if there are more newsstands around NY but if possible, next time could addresses be included:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

does anyone know any good newsstands in the LA/ Orange County area? Barnes & Nobles isn't quite cut it anymore for me. It would help very much!
Posted via Mobile Device

Two more to add to London;

The post office just of oxford st. Its off the beaten track a bit and you'd never know it was there unless someone told you--but it has a massive selection of magazines, oddly enough;

Post Office Ltd
The Plaza, Oxford Street, London W1D 1LT 0845 722 3344 ‎ postoffice.co.uk

Also the newstand at the end of Tottenham court road is really cool. Its not massive but they guy always has cool music playing really loud and little flashing lights and disco balls. It makes the mags look really inviting. Whenever I walk past I dont want to step out of the little cloud of feel good vibes it creates...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->