Maison Margiela Pre-Fall 2021 Paris

It's quite commercial, but not in a way that I'd expect from Maison Margiela. It feels almost anonymous. That's strange, because on paper it's a visually strong collection. At the same time it's pre-fall, so it doesn't have to be impactful, it just has to sell.

Mmmmm. even for Pre-Fall I was expecting more. doesn’t excite me much tbh.

I really feel like it is getting more challenging for designer’s to provide an impactful pre-fall collection. I scroll through images just to find something that is interesting, but it is getting harder and harder to locate anything special or even worthwhile in these summer collections. It is fashion? Yes. Is it enticing or interesting, sure? I don’t know maybe it is me, but whatever happened to all this talk of sustainability and the overwhelming fashion calendar?

@jeanclaude LOL!!!!

Also, this might be disappointing, but this collection is unofficially doubling as the FW21 RTW too

Not gonna lie but I'm pretty underwhelmed by this. I think the ugly hats/hair really kills the mood for me and the depressing colour palette does no favours either.

Also, this might be disappointing, but this collection is unofficially doubling as the FW21 RTW too
Well, it is disappointing. On the other hand, Maison Margiela is one of those brands that usually end up being sold at TKMaxx for a fraction of the original price so they may find a whole new customer base with this anonymous collection there.

I don’t get that thing John has for overt-deconstructed pieces. Like sometimes just give us a beautiful jacket or suit...
I really think that John doesn’t understand the essence of Margiela so he hold on to technical features. I find the « décortique » ridiculous...
Maybe it’s time to bring sex back! Margiela was sexy, sometimes perverse....

A 180° from the passionate, lively and cinematic spring collection, it's quite dull even though there are good pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->