Matthieu Blazy Head Designer for Maison Martin Margiela *Update* Headed to Céline

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Matthieu Blazy is the head designer at Maison Martin Margiela, a new Vogue article has revealed.
Fashion writer Suzy Menkes referenced 30-year-old Mr Blazy's name for the first time in her glowing review of the label's couture show in Paris on Wednesday.
She wrote: 'An exceptional collection at Maison Martin Margiela brought the designer Matthieu Blazy out of the shadows.'

vogue.co.uk via dailymail

Uhm, was that supposed to be a secret? He has been working there for a year I think. :unsure:

Edit: Aww man, he deleted his Instagram. Stupid fashion press!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't he update his linkedin since last year?!
but I think he only head designer of Number 0 which is the couture line.
not really a secret, at least to us who live in fashion?!
but he does put out some magical stuff:heart:

yeah blazy had been designing the artisanal for a while now but i think had just taken over the designing of the mainline within the last year as ivana omazic had oversaw that autumn collection 2013. blazy did a pretty impressive job to me with that previous a/w 14 collection so hopefully he and they stay on this path. if only he can bring some sense of familiarity and integrity back to the artisanal line rather than that tacky nonsense they've been doing,that would make me happy too. otherwise it's all a bit confounding what's happening at MMM and not really in a good way.

It's not the first time that designers from MMM are spotted over the Press. In 2005 two of them where posing in Self service Magazine,with full title under the picture, Sebastien Meunier for line 10 and Nadege Vanhee for line 4.

Later WWD made a full Cover with Martin Margiela himself entering the building.

I think this house have to adjust their privacy policy with life 2.0, it's not a big deal everybody knows that there's always a men or women behind the design.

Just Wondering Why Mr Raf Simons is so supportive. Maybe because matthieu Blazy is the long time boyfriend of pieter Mulier the right hand of Raf.

http://254forest.tumblr.com/post/17815679883

yeah you're right,prior to ann,sebastien was made aware to the public.

i wonder if it's all just a gimmick...we all know the standards and integrity that the house surrounded itself with under MM has disappeared so naturally it would seem the level of maintaining that anonymity we saw pre-renzo rosso/staff isn't as tight as it was before.

yeah you're right,prior to ann,sebastien was made aware to the public.

i wonder if it's all just a gimmick...we all know the standards and integrity that the house surrounded itself with under MM has disappeared so naturally it would seem the level of maintaining that anonymity we saw pre-renzo rosso/staff isn't as tight as it was before.

My sentiments exactly. With MM, his intention is not to let the designer take the limelight whereas with Renzo, his usual way of thinking makes you cant help think he is trying to make it a publicity stunt.
On a different note, it really saddens me to see MM perfume (should there even be one in the first place) being sold at a very regular (for lack of a better term...) departmental store near me, placed next to BOSS fragrances...
:cry:

Just Wondering Why Mr Raf Simons is so supportive. Maybe because matthieu Blazy is the long time boyfriend of pieter Mulier the right hand of Raf.

Matthieu also worked as Raf's assistent in the past, not sure if just at his Menswear line or at Jil Sander as well.

Headed to Céline, I'm delighted for him, I thought he did beautiful work at Margiela.

Matthieu Blazy Said Heading to Céline

What does Céline have in common with Maison Martin Margiela? A strict policy about not communicating about its collaborators, including one of its latest recruits, from the house that Martin built.

According to market sources, Matthieu Blazy, the designer who had been responsible for Margiela’s couture line, dubbed Artisanal, has joined the studio of Céline creative director Phoebe Philo. It is understood Philo has also engaged one of her former Chloe associates, Yvan Mispelaere, who more recently had worked as a design director at Roberto Cavalli, Gucci and Diane von Furstenberg.
wwd via rebel

well that's great for him and i had been liking what he was doing with the main line....but to be honest,i feel the opposite way on the formerly known 0 artisanal.

Ha just when I think Céline couldn't get any better. :heart: I was hoping he would land the Carven job or something, but i'm sure this will be great for both. This guy is seriously so talented, his future bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->