Maison Martin Margiela Mens S/S 11 Paris

sobigsobig

Reaction score
Clothes are rarely what they appear chez Margiela. A case in point: 3D trompe l’oeil zippers and buttons achieved using a technique involving silicone moulds. Much of this minimal collection was constructed from rectangles of fabric.
The more experimental pieces, such as tailored jackets and leather outerwear, had an armor-like stiffness, especially blazers fronted with leather panels resembling waistcoats and a gladiator-style grid jacket, built from brown leather strips. Less conceptual fare also stood out, including a terrific tuxedo jacket, loose and summery pants and a trench coat.
maison-martin-margiela01.JPG

maison-martin-margiela02.JPG

maison-martin-margiela03.JPG

maison-martin-margiela04.JPG

maison-martin-margiela05.JPG

maison-martin-margiela06.JPG

maison-martin-margiela07.JPG

maison-martin-margiela08.JPG

maison-martin-margiela09.JPG

WWD

The last jacket is really nice.
We will be seeing that it plenty editorials I am sure.

not digging it either. it lacks a certain execution,imo.

once again, margiela without margiela is just a really bad idea... commercial crap!

Somehow drawn to the strong apparel structure and textures, it's a really good menswear collection.

The cage jacket is like an instant MUST-get for me. But everything else is quite ordinary. I think there's a missing element here

not really liking the rest of the collection, but the last jacket is amazing :crush:

nice jackets but I just dont get the feeling of Margiela. Well, since he's not here.

these jackets are quite sharp. they'd compliment the conservative wardrobe of many billionaire types especially in cities like london over great superluxe sportswear.

i guess it's the details that will make it interesting.

however, it really lacks that energy that used to be in Margiela's menswear. just too clean, too slick...but hey that's what it's become.

I went to the retrospective exhibition, and they actually had the nerve to put the f---ing new perfume bottle on display in the iconic pieces section!!!

The last couple of years have been like a "how-to" in destroying something's integrity and reputation.

^actually the scent,along with that beautifully edited book,are the last things MM was involved with.

but i agree with you about how they've destroyed the integrity of this house. it just looks like pure profit material with loads of gimmicks,not the creative house it once was.

i always love every single piece of his men´s collections... this is no except. great clothes

As been said, the last jacket is the best of the collection. But it's just a boring quote of Margiela. He has done VERY exciting stuff.

Though this is quite interesting from the perspective of a potential consumer. It sparks interest, while being wearable. But weak for Margiela standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->