Maison Martin Margiela Mens F/W 08.09 Paris

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
celebrating his 20th Anniversary

PARIS: The metallic badge said it all: 20 years of Martin Margiela creating the iconoclastic and fantastic. The Belgian designer, who has not made a public appearance in more than a decade, has reached a landmark anniversary. He celebrated with fine tailoring and inserts of edgy elements. (Think of a "barbed wire" vest made of rubbery tubes.)

marg2.jpg

At Maison Martin Margiela's 20th anniversary show, there were tailored coats and jackets -- each piece wittily hidden behind an open newspaper with a photo image of the garment.

check out those brilliant shoes!!

marg3.jpg

marg4.jpg

marg5.jpg

marg7.jpg

marg6.jpg

marg1.jpg

*iht.com

i think this might be the best collection he's done in some seasons. more later from catwalking.

This looks interesting. Margiela pieces, at least for me, always come to life when examining them in person. I've come across many things I see in the lookbook and I think I hate it, then I see it in person and love it.
Would love to see that leather jacket without the damned red V.

it's actually one of his archival pieces....one of the standout motocross jackets from his first 10 collection.

I love the barbed wire vest. And those sunglasses are even more tempting here than the women's show last season.

so far i've been disappointed with all my old faves, but this is a happy surprise. finally something to desire...wonder if sebastien meunier is still designing MMM 10?

sebastien? i thought he was merely a former assistant??

i really dream of those shoes....the ones with the skull print screen and those gorgeous calvary boots.

I need to be a rich b*tch so I can buy this..lol

sebastien? i thought he was merely a former assistant??

no, he was appointed as the menswear director in 2005, before that he was designing MMM 6. Wasn't too happy with all the changes he made, or maybe it was renzo rosso & staff international pushing the Margiela menswear into a more commercial direction. Now it seems that the collection is back on track. more good old artisanal than something that could have a diesel tag...

i almost always love the menswear....
even the more commercial stuff that has a bit of a twist to it...

but this is looking like something really exceptional...

can't wait to see more from this show...
thanks for the pics so far scott...

:flower:

MMM is always something you wear to look fashion-forward without looking like a fashion victim. Looks like he's done it again!

i like the wire ring..
might be dangerous though

thanks scott
i hope there are more

Hmm...I'm trying to understand if this is Margiela's 0/10 artisinal collection..or his basic 10 collection for men. That barbed-wiire vest looks very artisinal???

I have heard from an amazing source (a shop owner who was one of the first boutiques to carry Margiela's first 10 collection...but they dropped the collection a few seasons later. For a long time, they didn't have the collection...but thankfully, they recently picked it up again. Anyway...the shop owner told me that after the Diesel buyout...the prices were raised much higher. I found that to be really ironic???...I mean, considering the Diesel Corp. wasn't suffering financially like Margiela once was when he was more independant, shouldn't the prices have gone down??...I mean..Diesel has the money to mass-produce Margiela's pieces. When Margiela was suffering, he didn't have the money to mass-produce..meaning, the pieces were more scarce and less available to the public. I'm completely lost about all this political stuff, now??

If anyone can help me to understand my situation....could someone please clarify???

mike,he has the two seperate collections. artisanal and 10. this one is just 10 and he shows his artisanal together during HC week with the women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->