Makeup and Eyelashes

leyla m. said:
my favourite mascara right now is LAURA MERCIER composition mascara.

i used to have problems with my lashes in the past. they used to fall out when i cleansed my eyes.

I've been using TALIKA nourishing gel for over a year now (on and off). its a brilliant treatment which has been on th emarket for at least since my mom was a teen.
... and it really really works. my lashes are strong, visible and most importantly DONT fall out anymore :flower:

so i think the first step is to buy a new mascara :wink:
Hey,can you post a picture of that nourishing gel,please?:flower:

The Talika Eyelash Lipcils:
P42173_hero.jpg

and Eyebrow Lipocils:
P42174_hero.jpg

(images taken from Sephora).

People have told me that the formula inside these products is the same, and many prefer the eyebrow applicator for applying the product to their lash line.

I've been applying olive oil to my eyelashes after cleansing and I swear its made a difference. They seem longer and stronger. I know it sounds strange but its true. I think eyelashes need conditioning just like the hair on your head to remain strong!

Also, it is very important to not wear mascara every single day. In fact, I try to reserve it for the occasions when I get all dolled up rather than everyday.

i just bought a purple mascara, but i need to wear a lot of mascara for my eyes, but if i use just the purple it doesnt make my lashes look very big.....is there a way i can use my normal black mascara as well as the purple and that way have big lashes that are purple too?????

I tried putting the black underneath and hten the purple, but the purple jsut did not want to go on...any suggestions?

THANX

I also recommend the Talika lipocils--my sister has been using it for a year now, and the improvement is amazing! I noticed that her lashes looked different after about a month--and before she told me she was using it!
It really keeps your eyelashes healthy as well--great, great product.

ele--it sounds like you may need a different purple mascara altogether. What are you using now?

im using Guerlain....but ur right i may just need a different thicker one..

why would using mascara every day be a bad thing? Does anyone have a good rec. for a small eye curler? I have a normal one (shu) but on my right eye the eyelashes on the outer corner are often not 'grabbed' by it adn thus they stick straight out!

I'm dying to try LashDiscovery by Maybelline. I've heard it's good, much better than the so-called 'insider favorite' Great Lash. GL isn't bad, but it doesn't even remotely live up to the hype. The greatest mascara in the history of the world, IMO, is Dior Diorshow. I've never received so many compliments on my lashes as I did when I wore that.
Almond oil is fabulous for your lashes. Not only is it a natural eye make-up remover, but it also promotes the health and thickness of your eyelashes.

leyla m. said:
my favourite mascara right now is LAURA MERCIER composition mascara.

i used to have problems with my lashes in the past. they used to fall out when i cleansed my eyes.

I've been using TALIKA nourishing gel for over a year now (on and off). its a brilliant treatment which has been on th emarket for at least since my mom was a teen.
... and it really really works. my lashes are strong, visible and most importantly DONT fall out anymore :flower:

so i think the first step is to buy a new mascara :wink:

Hey, I actually have a number of eyelash questions, so here goes:

first, does anyone know if the Vaseline on eyelashes thing actually works? If so, what does it do and has anyone themselves actually tried it, rather than heard it through word of mouth from a friend of a friend?

Second, where can I get this Talika nourishing gel? What does it look like and what exactly does it do?

Third, I know this is soooo typical and ranged from person to person, but I'm looking for a great mascara... I usually use Fibre Lash by M.A.C. but lately I think it's too clumpy... I just bought the Zoom Lash, but it's not giving me exactly what I want - which is THICK, BEAUTIFUL, LUSCIOUS lashes... to the point where it actually looks fake (but doesnt clump)! I have no problem wearing 'nighttime' lashes all the time, so can anyone recommend a kickass mascara that's bound to thicken, curl and darken? PLLEEEASE?

Lastly, this is for the people looking for a good eyelash curler - I got mine from MAC (I've heard all the hype about S.U., but I dont think it's a huge difference) and I LOVE my MAC one! I got it 2 years ago, havent had to replace it, they have a lifetime warranty on it, AND they give you a replacement band for it... I used to use cheaper ones, but felt that they pulled out my already thinning lashes... I HIGHLY recommend MAC: put it this way, I'm damn picky about what I use, I'm VERY careful about my face and I've tried a ton of products.... MAC's eyelash curler is wonderful.

OK, if anyone can give me ideas on the Vaseline, Talika and perfect mascara, I would forever be indebted to you! THANKS! :smile:

*Princesse* said:
I'm dying to try LashDiscovery by Maybelline. I've heard it's good, much better than the so-called 'insider favorite' Great Lash. GL isn't bad, but it doesn't even remotely live up to the hype. The greatest mascara in the history of the world, IMO, is Dior Diorshow. I've never received so many compliments on my lashes as I did when I wore that.
Almond oil is fabulous for your lashes. Not only is it a natural eye make-up remover, but it also promotes the health and thickness of your eyelashes.

OH, P.S: having heard all the hype about Maybelline I bought a couple of their mascaras, thinking spending more money doesnt necessarily mean better products... and I HATED the Maybellines. Useless.

Oh, does anyone know where I can get the Tweezerman comb? Preferably from an actual store, and not online? Thanks!

luvmelots1983 said:
Hey, I actually have a number of eyelash questions, so here goes:

first, does anyone know if the Vaseline on eyelashes thing actually works? If so, what does it do and has anyone themselves actually tried it, rather than heard it through word of mouth from a friend of a friend?

Second, where can I get this Talika nourishing gel? What does it look like and what exactly does it do?

Third, I know this is soooo typical and ranged from person to person, but I'm looking for a great mascara... I usually use Fibre Lash by M.A.C. but lately I think it's too clumpy... I just bought the Zoom Lash, but it's not giving me exactly what I want - which is THICK, BEAUTIFUL, LUSCIOUS lashes... to the point where it actually looks fake (but doesnt clump)! I have no problem wearing 'nighttime' lashes all the time, so can anyone recommend a kickass mascara that's bound to thicken, curl and darken? PLLEEEASE?

Lastly, this is for the people looking for a good eyelash curler - I got mine from MAC (I've heard all the hype about S.U., but I dont think it's a huge difference) and I LOVE my MAC one! I got it 2 years ago, havent had to replace it, they have a lifetime warranty on it, AND they give you a replacement band for it... I used to use cheaper ones, but felt that they pulled out my already thinning lashes... I HIGHLY recommend MAC: put it this way, I'm damn picky about what I use, I'm VERY careful about my face and I've tried a ton of products.... MAC's eyelash curler is wonderful.

OK, if anyone can give me ideas on the Vaseline, Talika and perfect mascara, I would forever be indebted to you! THANKS! :smile:

Ok, don't know about the vaseline...I really don't know how that could possibly work though....it's just petroleum jelly after all!

You can buy/order Talika from Sephora. Very good idea to do so, since you can return if you're not satisfied. In my area, high-end pharmacies also carry it. It comes in a white tube with a silver cap and the product itself is a clear gel. I think the most crucial thing it does is prevent lash loss, in addition to promoting the growth of your lashes so they become longer and fuller.

Have you tried Lancome mascaras? I used to use their Amplicils when I wanted a dramatic effect and it worked really beautifully--very defined and not clumpy at all. I've used a number of their mascaras, and I think they are the nicest of the higher end ones, especially for evening. As you say though, it really depends on your lashes--mine are long and curly, but blonde--so you just have to try and see what works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
laika said:
Ok, don't know about the vaseline...I really don't know how that could possibly work though....it's just petroleum jelly after all!

You can buy/order Talika from Sephora. Very good idea to do so, since you can return if you're not satisfied. In my area, high-end pharmacies also carry it. It comes in a white tube with a silver cap and the product itself is a clear gel. I think the most crucial thing it does is prevent lash loss, in addition to promoting the growth of your lashes so they become longer and fuller.

Have you tried Lancome mascaras? I used to use their Amplicils when I wanted a dramatic effect and it worked really beautifully--very defined and not clumpy at all. I've used a number of their mascaras, and I think they are the nicest of the higher end ones, especially for evening. As you say though, it really depends on your lashes--mine are long and curly, but blonde--so you just have to try and see what works for you.

Thank you so much for all the information, Laika! I really appreciate it... I'm going to go check out the local CVS to see if they have the Talika (is that high end enough?) and if they dont, I'll head over to Sephora.

I've tries Lancome before, and though it was good while it lasted, it isnt quite what I'm looking for. I've got black, kind of short eyelashes (I'm Indian, so they're dark!) and they used to be really full until they recently fell out- so I'm looking for something that wont exacerbate the eyelash loss (ie: not waterproof).

Anyhow, thanks again for your help, Laika!

P.S: Have you heard/tried Diorshow? I've been hearing some good things about it, but as you can imagine, I'm reluctant to buy yet another expensive mascara until I know that it's good, esp since I wont return it once I've used it.

I have a little trick... when applying mascara, apply over the TOP of the lashes, rather than normally - underneath... they automatically curl if mascara is applied that way. :flower:

Erin said:
I have a little trick... when applying mascara, apply over the TOP of the lashes, rather than normally - underneath... they automatically curl if mascara is applied that way. :flower:

I tried that once with my waterproof mascara, and a whole bunch of my eyelashes clumped together and I couldnt get a lot of it off!:angry: It was disastrous! :smile:

But yes, that is a good trick, unless you're already using an eyelash curler (M.A.C.!!) :P

can anyone tell me what the big hype is about the Shu curler? I mean, obviously compared to $3 plastic ones, it's better... but what makes it the best?

luvmelots1983 said:
can anyone tell me what the big hype is about the Shu curler? I mean, obviously compared to $3 plastic ones, it's better... but what makes it the best?

If you've used a cheap curler than you know that sometimes some lashes are left behind or not as curled as others, which gives a pretty odd look, but with these actually grab all of the lashes at the same time & unlike cheap drugstore brands, the curl last's for way longer to. You just hold it for about 6-10 seconds on each eye & it does the trick + they come in 10k gold. They range from $18-30 each. The downsides are that it only lasts for 3 months but then again that's more than most curlers & the silicone pad can't be replaced...a new curlers must be bought! They don't sell replacements. I like it though; I first started using it after I saw almost every makeup artist using it on models backstage at fashion shows. So yeah, I'm gonna stop now because I sound like an annoying infomercial. :shock:

luvmelots1983 said:

I actually hated my Shu curler and gave it to a friend. I was so psyched at finally getting one... and discovered it worked horribly with my eyes. I hear Laura Mercier has a good one... but right now I swear by my $5 Revlon curler. :innocent:

missbliss said:
If you've used a cheap curler than you know that sometimes some lashes are left behind or not as curled as others, which gives a pretty odd look, but with these actually grab all of the lashes at the same time & unlike cheap drugstore brands, the curl last's for way longer to. You just hold it for about 6-10 seconds on each eye & it does the trick + they come in 10k gold. They range from $18-30 each. The downsides are that it only lasts for 3 months but then again that's more than most curlers & the silicone pad can't be replaced...a new curlers must be bought! They don't sell replacements. I like it though; I first started using it after I saw almost every makeup artist using it on models backstage at fashion shows. So yeah, I'm gonna stop now because I sound like an annoying infomercial. :shock:

See, I purchased a MAC one more than a year ago, and it came with a second replacement rubber. It's lasted me until now, with no problem. I used to use the Revlon curlers, Almay's, etc., but often, my eyelashes would get pulled out, or some would get left behind. :angry: After my curler yanked out two eyelashes one day and literally left me in tears, I finally bought a curler from MAC, and I LOVE it. You said, MissBliss, that you have to replace your Shu every 3 months... I still havent changed mine in a year (dont worry, I sterilize it, so no problem there :smile: )... perhaps you should look into MAC's next time... it might be worth a shot? I really do think I might have stumbled onto something big here! :P

Erin said:
I actually hated my Shu curler and gave it to a friend. I was so psyched at finally getting one... and discovered it worked horribly with my eyes. I hear Laura Mercier has a good one... but right now I swear by my $5 Revlon curler. :innocent:

Really, Erin? You hated the Shu? I'm glad the Revlon works for you! I wish it had for me as well (I went through at least 5 different brands, post-Revlon, until I found the one I use now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"