Makeup For Men - What's Your Take?

:unsure: its so discreet, it's not even obvious B)
but yes, why not, people are entitled not to like this my dear tea :flower:

He really doesn't look that different to me. Just a bit darker round the eyes...

What's the difference in doing this than a man wearing self-tanning products and bronzers? Some seem not to mind that so why is this sickening?

To me, he simply looks more unattactive in the photo with make-up than without. :flower:

Originally posted by Voodoo Doll+Aug 29th, 2003 - 8:14 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Voodoo Doll @ Aug 29th, 2003 - 8:14 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-BabyAnimal@Jul 22nd, 2003 - 11:36 pm
If you are my beloved gay boys, it's fine with me.
You look gorgeous and why not?

But it's the whole other different story when it comes to straight men,imo.
I would NOT go out or fall for any straight man who wears makeup.
Men have to be somewhat rugged and nonchallant about their appearances, which I find more appealing than plain "trying too hard" attitude.

Moisturizers and after-shave creams are ok though.
well said, i second you.

straight guys? makeup?
can you see your man walking up to you saying "do I look okay? is my blusher too pink? how's my powder looking? i just bought the new christian dior matt finish foundation, the silicon makes it sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide & gliiiide smoothly on my skin!

:sick: [/b][/quote]
:lol: so agree!
anyway, if some guys just love to have makeup on and love the feeling and result, sure, go for it, and I wouldn't say anything as long as my guy is totally makeup-free. :innocent:

Haha I was joking around about this the other night with this girl..

Im bisexual so i date both, so i have been seeing this girl, and she knows that i wear clear mascara, and tinted mouisturizer and sometimes bronzer.. i dont think it looks bad at all.. she happens to like it, she thinks i can pull it of..

i think make up for guys is ok to an extent.. as i was walking through nordstroms the guy at the mac counter had full on eye make up and i wanted to vomit..

the funny part is..

she was saying what if we had little kids and we were walking thorugh the mall and she said "hold on we need to get daddy's mascara"

haha..

All of you have interesting takes on this subject. Perhaps one of you could assist someone with a practical solution.

First, I have done it. Wear makeup in public, that is. I came from a conservative background, this would have been one of those do not cross this line subjects. Since I have gained more understanding about myself, I decided to become a bit of a trendsetter and give it a try.

I am a mid 30's male who would like to find a makeup product to conceal moderate shaving scars and blemishes. I work in the corporate world, so I need a product that looks completely natural and will not bleed on my clothes. Concealment is the primary interest; enhancement would be a bonus.

I have used MAC studio finish concealer and shu uemura nobara cream foundation. Both blend very well with my skin tone (darker skinned Aferican American) but neither will set and shows on shirt collars.

I know there are other males who have an interest, but might be a bit, umm, shy.

All of you have interesting takes on this subject. Perhaps one of you could assist someone with a practical solution.

First, I have done it. Wear makeup in public, that is. I came from a conservative background, this would have been one of those do not cross this line subjects. Since I have gained more understanding about myself, I decided to become a bit of a trendsetter and give it a try.

I am a mid 30's male who would like to find a makeup product to conceal moderate shaving scars and blemishes. I work in the corporate world, so I need a product that looks completely natural and will not bleed on my clothes. Concealment is the primary interest; enhancement would be a bonus.

I have used MAC studio finish concealer and shu uemura nobara cream foundation. Both blend very well with my skin tone (darker skinned Aferican American) but neither will set and shows on shirt collars.

I know there are other males who have an interest, but might be a bit, umm, shy.

I agree on the black liner being sexy-ex:Johnny Depp and Ewan MacGregor-hot hot hot hot hot.
Men in makeup doesn't bother me, but I personally don't think I would be attracted to a man wearing makeup unless it was an edgy look(the black liner, for example)

Lena, I think he looks way better in the second picture. He looks smouldering and way more chiseled and contoured. Personally I think makeup on men is really hot. Like little skater boys wearing eyliner(which I totally know is overdone and blasé, but I still find it cute). Or like freddy mercury...sizzle.
Here's a boy with a smokey eye.

Whoah there's some complete double-standards going on. Some of you seriously need to get some new ideas about what makes a man if you think that wearing a little makeup is going to damage someone's masculinity...

only make up i wear is once in a while i'll put on some heavy black eyeliner if i'm going to a show or something

Makeup on guys is okay, why not? Don't we have the right to wear makeup? Ofcourse it doesn't look good on all males, but that's the same with females. Females can wear boyish clothes anyway, so I don't see why males couldn't do more "feminine" things like makeup or clothes.

I have a question for the ladies here.

I'm a straight guy and did a search on "makeup for men" on Google and found this thread and wanted to ask you all something.

I have a mild acne problem and it leaves little scars on my cheek (just little spots; no craters or anything). I'm 19, good looking, but these little marks can make me self-conscious at times.

Would it be okay to use just a little bit of conceiler on my cheeks to cover up the acne? :o

^ I think you would be fine, but I think you should get an exfoliator to get rid of the marks Zia's Ultimate Exfoliator is a good one... you can pick it up at any Whole foods or at their website.

I think it's all in the way they wear it; most of the time I think guys look hot in makeup. I particularly like Johnny Depp, that guy from The Strokes.

PrinceOfCats said:
Whoah there's some complete double-standards going on. Some of you seriously need to get some new ideas about what makes a man if you think that wearing a little makeup is going to damage someone's masculinity...

Agreed.

Example: Johnny Depp in POTC, never has a guy looked better with eyeliner imo.

no way, not my type of man.. sorry... I guess its cute for models or people under the spot light, but I dont want my man wearing my products...
Call me Ol'fashioned...

Basically, I think men can wear make-up to perfect the skin and that alone. Otherwise it would look simply awful. Most men wearing make-up would be wearing a men's label. Those labels don't make pink blush or blue eye-shadow. A guy can be sraight and still wear make-up only to perfect skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->