Malin Ones

thanks HeatherAnne. its so sad she had to go through that, and it makes me sad she's not the only one.

yeah very unfortunate... she was really promising too when she first came out, reminiscent of young Hilary Rhoda, I had no idea what she had to go through to get there =(

Well I just hope she is happy now with her life :flower:

Is she still modeling? Because she is still up on Marilyn's website and everything.. new pictures? I"m not sure.

interview from 10/11/2007 :blush:

Malin Ones is a girl from Langhus in Ski. She has grown up and gone to school. But there is something fascinating about her - she is in fact model!

I have had many theories about how the modeling business is: is it really as glamorous and exciting as people will have it? I got an interview with model Malin and asked her a bit about this.

Where are you model now?
Now I'm in Paris and here I have been in about 6 weeks. I'll stay here until mid-December. The apartment I live in is very nice, where I rent a room, but can use all that I want.

How is it to be a model?
Working as a model is not as glamorous as people might think. Of course there are parties and celebrities in the picture, but it's hard work and arduous journeys. Everyone says something about you at all times, how you should look, behave and what is best for you. I think it's important not to be influenced too much by others. Being confident in themselves are very important, and when people in the industry thinks a lot about you, it's important to remember that it is you as a product and not as a person they are criticizing. But I feel lucky to have this chance, I must thank for the good genes - to be 180 high can certainly be used for anything, hehe. You experience a lot, meet interesting people, incredible places, and some luxuries.

What about traveling in the industry? If you travel a lot around the world?
As a model, one can travel very much. Sunday I went to Dubai for a Dior show, coming home on Thursday and possibly going to Morocco the same day for another job. Otherwise, I have been in Los Angeles, New York, Sweden, Sør/Nord- France. During this year I'm going to travel to Milan, London, Tokyo and Germany. There are at least those destinations that I know of already. But in this business is that you only get the message, "tomorrow you to London and work", for example. I like to travel and go to new places, but it can certainly be a lot if you do not get enough sleep.

Who is your model?
I have walked the catwalk for designers like Vivienne Westwood, Martin Margela, Charles de Jaen Castebajac, Robert Nordaman, Michel Klein, Hugo Boss, Jasmine di Milo and many more. So, I have worked with magazines such as Norwegian and Italian Elle, Woman, Cosmopolitan and more leaves that are not as well known in Norway.

How is the travel versus family, friends and boyfriend?
One is the much away from family and friends, which can be difficult at times. There have been some tearful calls home to mom to say it like that. At least when the pressure is huge and there are a lot of stress - it's good to talk with friends and family. I have no girlfriend so it's not a problem for me, but I must admit that I am making one up quite often. For when people wind of that is the model, such as a club, age is no barrier. On Friday I was at a trendy restaurant with people from the modeling agency. We sat at a large table with people I had not met before, including a man of 40-50 years. Afterwards we were really out of the VIP club and meet four Norwegian models. He was very interested in joining me there, but I went home instead to let the nasty man. He was divorced by the way and had a daughter.

Is it so much undue pressure in the model industry that we have the impression?
To work as a model must fit into some goals that your clothes are made of, so yes, I'd say you're told when to lose a few pounds. After much stress and little dissatisfaction I have been told to go up a few pounds, so it goes both ways.

What about wages?
Wages are very different. Blades pay poorly, clothing and kosmetikkampanjer give good money, and catalog is not so bad. It's hard to say.

Do you have a backup plan if you get tired of being a model?
I have certainly made this year to work as a model. Though I certainly do not want to do this a year I can go home and work until I start to study. There are many opportunities within the industry, so there is no danger at first.

So I'm very excited: celebrities have you met? I have not gone so much out here, but if you make it absolutely can meet some celebrities. Orlando Bloom and Justin Timberlake are two I have in mind. So I meet some supermodels that you have only seen on large posters and stuff. There are some fun!

WHAAAAT?!? She's back?! :buzz: That cover is insanely beautiful. Adore her so much!

HENNE Magazine
Ph. Siren Lauvdal // Styling by Pauline Naerholm
Hair: Birger Løkeng for Adam&Eva

team-models.blogspot

Thanks hysteria, I wish she'd return full time, but I understand why she wouldn't want to.

Also wish the pictures from her February Elle Norway issue would show up, she looked so phenomenal on that cover!

There used to be a link in this thread to the tFS weight thread which no longer exists, so I'm going to repost the information since many of you have asked, but please remember that weight talk is off limits. If this stirs up any kind of weight discussion I will have to remove it and issue reminders as needed.

Madwa said:
There's a piece about Malin and another model in today's version of the second largest Norwegian newspaper. Thought I might translate a few relevant quotes about why she left modelling:

"I was told by my Parisian agency that I had to lose two kilos in one week. I stopped eating, and even when the agency told me to stop dieting, I couldn't help it. I got ulcers, felt awful, and got skinnier and more miserable every day."

During her breakthrough season:

"Sleep was almost non-existent those weeks. Strangely enough I was sort of ok. I had no time to think; about myself or about the dieting. There was no time to eat anyway. I wasn't living. I was just doing as I was told."

"When I returned from Paris in March I cried and cried. I was exhausted. I had troubles with my eating pattern and went through a bad period. Yet I went to New York in the middle of March. That's where I started to compete about the large campaigns. But I fainted at work, had heart palpitations, was constantly faint and concerned about weight."

Her boss recognized the signs and let Malin go home to get well. Malin decided to take a year away from modelling, to think about what she wanted.

Malin got home and got well. She is currently working at a nursing home and enjoying it, though she says; "When I left New York, my bureau said they wouldn't let me work for less than ~$9k a day (60k NOK). I had done all the hard work. Now I could reap the benefits. It feels a bit bitter, but I'm happy with my decision. I work with people here. I enjoy that."

Source: translated by me from the paper version of www.dagbladet.no/magasinet/ (http://www.dagbladet.no/magasinet/)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->