Vogue top 10 collections F/W 06.07

faust said:
... and balenciaga, and jacobs. the fvcking list never changes, as a matter of fact (cdg is a big glaring contradicion for some unknown reason). btw, before i clicked on the thread i thought "balenciaga will be first on the list" :lol:

They throw CDG in there everynow and then to make it seem they aren't just conservative adovcates for the tired and boring.

I don't mind all the popular names, it's expected and some of them were great collections. There is obviously some favoritism and they are addressing all of the collections in mind of a mainstream filter. But I did find Marc Jacobs and Narciso Rodriguez and to be one of the best of the season as predictable as that is. I was hoping to see Calvin Klein on there and perhaps they could make a nod to Dries Van Noten. It's what you come to expect from Vogue. WWD is ususally more considerate.

^ It seems like WWD the Magazine features the same top 10 or whatever (sometimes 12 or even 15) that style.com does ... just one big happy family ... :innocent:

Do French Vogue, Italian Vogue, etc. do their own lists, does anyone know?

This list is bogus. American Vogue focuses on advertising and they're biggest money makers. I agree that versace and Mcqueen should of been on this list cause both were better than proenza and Jacobs.

:yuk: :sick:

Well, it's the same woman, Sally Singer, who picks the top 10 every season, so I think it's just her personal view more than anything. Narciso Rodriguez and Lanvin didn't even get rave reviews, if you read them on style.com. W also posts a list, hopefully it will be better.

I wish Cathy Horyn would make a top ten list...

Vogues list is almost the same every season..

Djavanjmiles said:
This list is bogus. American Vogue focuses on advertising and they're biggest money makers. I agree that versace and Mcqueen should of been on this list cause both were better than proenza and Jacobs.

:yuk: :sick:

Oh and I like to add to the good list dolce&gabbana as well. Some may not agree with me but oh well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->